$1 deposit is back today

Andi Land

Booked with a $1.00 deposit.  Not advertised on their website at this point, but, I did see an ad for it on Facebook as I was scrolling through.  Had to actually get to the part of the booking where you leave a deposit.  

1 minute ago, Dawnya00 said:

Is this normal for HAL cruises...I am seeing that the final payment is due Feb 9, 2019 for a July 2020 cruise, or is this due to the $1 deposit. HAL newbie.

Sounds like it is a non-refundable fare, so be careful!

5 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Its not even posted on the website!

My point is, when you see immediate payment required (within a few days), the fare is likely a non-refundable one.  Just be sure you know the restrictions before you book.

6 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

With a$1.00 deposit , who cares if it's non refundable. If you can't afford to lose $2.00, then you shouldn't book at all.

Agreed. However, the poster of this comment stated that final payment is due Feb 9 for a July, 2020 cruise, which seems odd.

With a Feb 9 final and full payment date, which would be a 5 day deadline from booking, that is definitely a non-refundable cruise.   No cancellation unless you buy HAL's insurance or a 3rd party insurance.

When I booked yesterday I had the option to pay the entire cruise fare up front (it was the first option presented and I think it was the option selected by default) or to just pay the $2 deposit. I chose to pay $2 and final payment will be required ~90 days before embarkation.

It was a £1 deposit for us, so I decided to take a gamble on a gap on our schedules opening up in September. 12 days on the Zuiderdam to Boston to Quebec. It’ll be our 10th wedding anniversary on the 13th September so should make for a great second honeymoon. I’m a bit nervous about the ship as we are big Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam fans but I think we will survive 😉 ... no roll call for this one yet unfortunately 

• Like 1