Splendor Mexico SOON!! PLEASE Help!

jerseygirldawn

So we were booked on the 2/2 sailing with overnight in PV. On 2/1 our baby was burning up with a fever and tested positive for flu a. Naturally we had to cancel. We are wanting to rebook and have a few questions:

looking at going March 2. It has an overnight in Cabo. Cabo I hear is a tender port. Was trying to figure out what activities to book on viator. They have a lot of group tours tho so I needed to know what an overnight in port there is like? Can we just catch a tender at any time? Is there anything not to be missed. Traveling with a 5 and 14 year old that love beaches and adventure.

Is PV awesome? Any activity you guys would recommend? We are there from 9am-9pm. I’m a former “jerseygirl” but have been living in Az for years. Want to do fun beach stuff. 

I hear great things about the spa. Was going to get a spa suite so my husband and I would have access to the spa. However my mom and daughter is in one cabin and my husband, me and my son are in the second cabin. We wanted to be in the same area. So we would have to get two spa cabins yet only one person in the second cabin can even utilize the spa. It’s $70pp more. I’m thinking maybe I should buy day passes on Sea days?  Any thoughts guys? 

Are they still doing clue games and scavenger hunts? I promised my son they were and I’m scared he’s gonna hold me to it. 

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for answers. You guys rock! Xoxo 

7 minutes ago, jerseygirldawn said:

So we were booked on the 2/2 sailing with overnight in PV. On 2/1 our baby was burning up with a fever and tested positive for flu a. Naturally we had to cancel. We are wanting to rebook and have a few questions:

looking at going March 2. It has an overnight in Cabo. Cabo I hear is a tender port. Was trying to figure out what activities to book on viator. They have a lot of group tours tho so I needed to know what an overnight in port there is like? Can we just catch a tender at any time? Is there anything not to be missed. Traveling with a 5 and 14 year old that love beaches and adventure.

Is PV awesome? Any activity you guys would recommend? We are there from 9am-9pm. I’m a former “jerseygirl” but have been living in Az for years. Want to do fun beach stuff. 

I hear great things about the spa. Was going to get a spa suite so my husband and I would have access to the spa. However my mom and daughter is in one cabin and my husband, me and my son are in the second cabin. We wanted to be in the same area. So we would have to get two spa cabins yet only one person in the second cabin can even utilize the spa. It’s $70pp more. I’m thinking maybe I should buy day passes on Sea days?  Any thoughts guys? 

Are they still doing clue games and scavenger hunts? I promised my son they were and I’m scared he’s gonna hold me to it. 

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for answers. You guys rock! Xoxo 

I think you picked a great week! There's a very active roll call for March 2nd. I'll be on this cruise, as well as a group of peeps who seem to be super cool! 

I'll be cruising with my eleven-year-old who is also a beach bum. We've found many great beach options for both Cabo and PV. 

The last time I did this itinerary was about 15 years ago, but I remember it was amazing. I remember feeling like it was so much more of an authentic Mexico experience, as opposed to Cozumel or the western Carribean itinerary. Of course, that could possibly have changed over the years.

As far as your questions, I remember the tenders being relatively painless. Water taxis are cheap and can take you to the beach unless I'm mistaken. ??

PV is amazing! So historical. This time though, I'm hitting up a beach resort. TBH, I'd rather do 2 days in PV but couldn't make it happen due to scheduling conflicts.

I've been on the Splendor once before about 4 years ago. I stayed in a spa suite. It was definitely worth the money if you plan to go to the spa every day. Only downside for me is that I didn't enjoy the higher-up, forward balcony cabins. They seem a bit more windy to me. This is just personal preference though.

I hope you join us! It's going to be a blast. I feel like the roll call is a great group of people. Very friendly. We are all super excited!!

• Thanks 1

Cabo overnights require the cruise ship to leave the Sea of Cortez and sail out to the ocean. So it’s not a true overnight but rather two port days in Cabo. 

Having done the MR 3x now and about to do the 4th, 9Mar2019, we prefer the three port itinerary of Cabo, Mazatlan and PV. 

PV is a fun and culturally traditional town (Old Town) with lots to see and explore. The foods in PV are great. The beaches are okay, as not Caribbean quality, but still nice. 

On our our upcoming PV stop DW and I will be spending the day at Secrets Resort, os a similar resort. We’re doing this because we want to relax, eat, drink, pool and ocean all in the same place and really just unwind.  We’ve done the touristy stuff in PV so this is our choice this time around. 

Cabo is basically like California but in Mexico.  Prices are the same as California so the deals aren’t that great but the tequila shopping is worth it, you’re also in whale watching season on this trip and Cabo has the BEST whale watching from all my research. And we’ve booked a whale watch excursion this trip.

were booked in a Spa cabin and the Slendor has a great spa.  This was THE reason we booked MR again and chose a spa cabin.  It’s money and time well spent for us. 

I doubt your kids will want to use the spa unless that’s their thing. It’s usually very adulty in the spa.  Check the prices for a single person pass for the weeks spa access. It might be around $119. 

Hipe this info info helps you in making your decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Cabo overnights require the cruise ship to leave the Sea of Cortez and sail out to the ocean. So it’s not a true overnight but rather two port days in Cabo. 

Having done the MR 3x now and about to do the 4th, 9Mar2019, we prefer the three port itinerary of Cabo, Mazatlan and PV. 

PV is a fun and culturally traditional town (Old Town) with lots to see and explore. The foods in PV are great. The beaches are okay, as not Caribbean quality, but still nice. 

On our our upcoming PV stop DW and I will be spending the day at Secrets Resort, os a similar resort. We’re doing this because we want to relax, eat, drink, pool and ocean all in the same place and really just unwind.  We’ve done the touristy stuff in PV so this is our choice this time around. 

Cabo is basically like California but in Mexico.  Prices are the same as California so the deals aren’t that great but the tequila shopping is worth it, you’re also in whale watching season on this trip and Cabo has the BEST whale watching from all my research. And we’ve booked a whale watch excursion this trip.

were booked in a Spa cabin and the Slendor has a great spa.  This was THE reason we booked MR again and chose a spa cabin.  It’s money and time well spent for us. 

I doubt your kids will want to use the spa unless that’s their thing. It’s usually very adulty in the spa.  Check the prices for a single person pass for the weeks spa access. It might be around $119. 

Hipe this info info helps you in making your decision.

Thanks a lot of great info. It says the spa doesn’t allow kids under 18 at all. So booking the spa suit would cost us about $350 more but it would be an inside instead of an ocean view. Also there would be only 3 people able to utilize the spa. I doubt we will be in the spa port days so I guess I’ll just get a day pass or two (if available). 

We dont get our insurance forms to fill out until tomrw. We booked thru Costco the first time round and purchased insurance. Hoping we can Get money back quickly so we can rebook quickly. Any advice on agencies? Am I best to book directly with carnival or do the Costco thing again? 

Thanks again 

Sorry, but we cannot recommend travel agencies or even mention their names, and that includes the big box stores.  That said, if you have the time to contact different agencies they can advise you on what sort of OBC they can provide.  

Good luck on getting your insurance filed quickly.  Take the time to read each requirement so as not to delay your refund.  Depending on which company processes the payment, they ask for different things, but start hunting down your proof of actual payment (TA invoice showing payment date, plus credit card billing or cancelled check). You will need to put together a little packet of documents with the claim form, copy it all and send it off to the insurance company.  Takes anywhere from two weeks to two months once all documents received, depending on the complexity of the claim, speed of the processing company and amount being claimed. 

55 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Sorry, but we cannot recommend travel agencies or even mention their names, and that includes the big box stores.  That said, if you have the time to contact different agencies they can advise you on what sort of OBC they can provide.  

Good luck on getting your insurance filed quickly.  Take the time to read each requirement so as not to delay your refund.  Depending on which company processes the payment, they ask for different things, but start hunting down your proof of actual payment (TA invoice showing payment date, plus credit card billing or cancelled check). You will need to put together a little packet of documents with the claim form, copy it all and send it off to the insurance company.  Takes anywhere from two weeks to two months once all documents received, depending on the complexity of the claim, speed of the processing company and amount being claimed. 

THIS, EXACTLY. 

We like big box store TA and do our travel thru them. They’re just easier to deal with for us and deliver a great customer experience. 

We we do use the spa on port days. Usually when arriving back on the ship and at pre-dinner which is when the spa is near empty. It’s the best way to chill out before the evening. 

If you’re into using the spa, you’ll usually find ways and make time. We like it because it’s less crowded than other ship areas and find it rejuvenating. A little bubbly to drink before the spa and it only get better. 

Feel free to to post any more questions you have. Hopefully this all wraps up quickly for you and you can get your vacation in. 

Edited by CA_Cruzing

I don't like booking tours with Viator!

They do not run any tours but are just agents that sell local tours that other companies actually run.

I'd either book something with the cruise line or book locally in each port.

Join the roll call and see what others are doing.

We were on the Splendor in November, in PV we booked a snorkeling beach excursion that went to an old town called Jelepa(sic). It was outstanding. GREAT tour guide and a wonderful beach with drinks and lunch. The old town was super cool with a fresh water waterfall that you could swim in I highly recommend this excursion.

MEUB1112, guessing you’re thinking about Yelapa! We love it there. You can do an organized tour, or catch a water taxi at Los Muertos pier. Crazy inexpensive. We love exploring the town in the morning, then enjoying lunch and drinks on the beach afterwards. 

Getting started on the trip insurance, did you get primary coverage or secondary?  Unless you got primary coverage, you will have to get a denial for your claim first from your regular health insurance.  So submit that first, you will need a letter denying coverage for the trip insurance claim.  Just send a copy of that letter in with your packet of info when you submit the claim to the travel insurance company.

11 hours ago, JennPVMX said:

MEUB1112, guessing you’re thinking about Yelapa! We love it there. You can do an organized tour, or catch a water taxi at Los Muertos pier. Crazy inexpensive. We love exploring the town in the morning, then enjoying lunch and drinks on the beach afterwards. 

You are correct, we did the organized excursion right from the port. It was so much fun.