Question about Princess in Athens port

New York Nana

Never did a Med cruise before and headed there this July with family. We’re booked for 2 nights post-cruise in Athens after departing the Emerald P.

My question(s):

1. Does Princess allow us to do self-walkoff carrying our own baggage or is luggage required to go through local customs/security prior to collecting them in the terminal?

2. We’ve booked a tour/transfer to pick us up at the dock.  What is the layout there? Is there an easy location to meet them?  

3. Family are all 1st time cruisers except for me.  If we are unable to do self-walk off will we be able to depart together if I have priority departure privileges? We’re in 3 separate cabins.

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions, but I appreciate all the help from you experienced CCers!

Thanks!

Barb😁

12 hours ago, New York Nana said:

Never did a Med cruise before and headed there this July with family. We’re booked for 2 nights post-cruise in Athens after departing the Emerald P.

My question(s):

1. Does Princess allow us to do self-walkoff carrying our own baggage or is luggage required to go through local customs/security prior to collecting them in the terminal?   We have only boarded in Athens, so I do not know the answer to your question.

2. We’ve booked a tour/transfer to pick us up at the dock.  What is the layout there? Is there an easy location to meet them?  Ask the company you booked with where they should meet you. They will know the appropriate spot.

3. Family are all 1st time cruisers except for me.  If we are unable to do self-walk off will we be able to depart together if I have priority departure privileges? We’re in 3 separate cabins. Yes, If you get a departure questionnaire form to fill out, just have everyone request the same departure time. If you get assigned to different times, you can go to the Customer Service deck to get switched to the time you want.

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions, but I appreciate all the help from you experienced CCers!

Thanks!

Barb😁

see above in red

16 hours ago, New York Nana said:

1. Does Princess allow us to do self-walkoff carrying our own baggage or is luggage required to go through local customs/security prior to collecting them in the terminal?

If your itinerary does not include non-EU ports, there will be no customs/immigration disembarkation requirement.

4 hours ago, CCFC said:

Piraeus is actually quite a few miles from Athens, a bit like Southampton is nowhere near London.

Ummm...nooo.  Soton is 2 hr 19 min from London (Google) and Piraeus is 22-25 min from Athens.  (also Google)