Beach Club ?

Poose

Just wanting a bit of experience advice.  We have been to Cozumel once before and did Mr. Sanchos.  We really liked it but would like to try a different place possibly just for a different experience this time around.  Have looked at Paradise Beach with the A1 option (we want an A1), Allegro Cozumel, Melia Cozumel and Occidental.  Really don't want one that the cruises actually have a excursion with as trying to avoid the HUGE crowds.  The beach is more important to us than the pool although we want to have a nice pool option as well.  Decent food is also a consideration.  We are two adults, no kids so the kids play activities don't matter.

Also considering the private Jeep Tour but we really are leaning towards a nice relaxing day on the beach.

Thanks.

Tourism is the ONLY support for the island of Cozumel...and not just cruise ships.  All those resorts are full of people who are there for a land-based vacation, many scuba divers also as it is the best diving in Caribbean IMHO.  So, there are thousands of people on the island every single day, regardless of the cruise ship people.  Resorts are going to have lots of people at them, beach clubs are going to have lots of people at them.  It is Cozumel 365/24/7.  

So my recommendation for you is to pick the place you want to go as far as the amenities offered, and don't worry about trying to avoid crowds.  Smaller beach clubs will have less people but will probably not have a pool.  

ABQRobin I'm well aware that tourism is the main thing going on in Cozumel.  I have been to many A1 resorts and I get it.  My point was only that the cruise ships offer excursions to certain beach clubs and I personally would like to avoid those ones and there will be large influxes of crowds at a particular time in the day.  I would prefer to just go and blend in somewhere where there aren't hoards of people all arriving all at once.  
My questions wasn't about avoiding crowds really it was specific to the beach club options I mentioned.

If you want beach , grab a cab out to Playa Palancar.  Prettiest beach we found in two weeks at Cozumel last summer.   Free to enter.  Pay for what you eat and drink.  Food and drinks were really good.

If you want snorkeling, grab a cab and go to Money Bar.  Pay for what you eat and drink.  Snorkeling off the pier is fantastic - good enough that the snorkel tours stop there.  Drinks are strong.  Food is great.  Money Bar is our go-to spot in Cozy now for a laid back day.

Neither place will be crowded.  Neither place has a pool, but... really?  A pool in Cozy?  Cabs back to town or the ships are easy.

IMG_5573.jpg

20190104_110407.jpg

1 hour ago, Poose said:

For the Nachi Cocum people - a food question?  It appears that food is just available once  and that is lunch.  Is this true or can you go get snacks, guac etc all day?

Food can be spread out through the day. Officially it is one choice from each course but there is some flexibility. However might be worth ordering in advance and asking to stagger because we were unable to have flan for desert as they had “run out” and it wasn't a particularly busy day. Nachi has always had a lot of loyal followers but we finally tried it in December after over 15 years of visiting Cozumel and were underwhelmed. Nothing bad but didn’t live up to its hype for us. If we returned we would certainly choose a location much further down the beach away from pool and restaurant for a quieter more relaxed area. Also on our particular day there was a lot of seaweed but that would have been the case at all the places you are considering, it would just depend how quickly it was cleared up.

From your original options, I havent been to Sanchos but I would imagine the experience at Sanchos and Paradise would be very similar (since they are both “beach bars” as oppose to “hotel resorts”), although Sanchos usually has a buffet in addition to ordering from the menu. We have been to Paradise (before AI). The facilities are excellent and clean but we consider it busy and would only go with teenagers.

we have been to Allegra and Occidental (before Barcelo) and consider food and ambience better at Occidental for adults but be warned it is a LONG walk from main hotel lobby to the beach if there are any mobility problems.

I personally would not consider a jeep tour but we have had a private driver from ToursPlaza many times and the beaches on the east side are very quiet ( some even remote). However swimming in the sea is with caution due to under-toe and currents and only Punta Morena has a small pool. No AI on east side.

Edited by c-leg5