Show me what you love about the Ruby Princess!

CruzerDeb

First time Princess cruiser (4x on Carnival).  I've seen a few pictures of Ruby Princess, but would love to see more.  Can you please share your favorite(s) with me?  I'd love to get even more excited (if that's possible) about my upcoming Alaskan cruise in June.

What do you absolutely love about her?

I don't have pictures, but the best meal we've ever had in a Princess specialty restaurant (over more than 20 cruises when we almost always went to each specialty restaurant on board) was in SHARE on the Ruby Princess last summer.  It was our first dining experience in SHARE.  We were a family group of 7 who are all adventuresome eaters/foodies and are still talking about the meal and the service.  We were on the Crown over Christmas and really missed SHARE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deb, there are currently a couple threads with reports of recent Ruby Princess cruises.  Both of them have quite a few pictures.  You might want to take a look at  January 26 Ruby - Trip Report and Photo Review of Ruby Princess to Mexican Riviera 01/19/2019.

We have cruised on the Ruby Princess three times in the last 15 months, and will be on her, again, in April (Note to self:  final payment is due, tomorrow.)--round trip Los Angeles-Alaska.  I can vouch for the Ruby Princess, and I can vouch for any Alaska itinerary.  You will have a great cruise

• Thanks 1

We've sailed her before and love the grand class ships.....will be aboard her next Thursday again for a four night Santa Barbara/Ensenada cruise.  We love having the promenade deck in which to walk laps in the mornings.  Love the aft pool and the forward spa pool to with the sun deck outside of the sanctuary which is quiet and gets great sunshine.  The aft hot tub is nice above Adagio and the aft pool,  it's quiet and not well used we have found.

No pic, but my favorite thing on the Ruby was the L104 cabin we had. Larger than normal, all the way forward, and high up in the ship. There's a door right around the corner that goes out onto a deck over the bridge. Most people don't seem to find that deck, which was fine with me. The cabin is sold as obstructed, since there's a railing and stuff. Also, anybody who DOES find that little deck is walking right past your window. Didn't bother us, and we even got some entertainment out of it. From the outside, the window has that mirror film stuff, and some lady stopped in front of it and was fixing her hair until her friend made her move along. Pretty funny seeing her not seeing us.

10 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

First time Princess cruiser (4x on Carnival).  I've seen a few pictures of Ruby Princess, but would love to see more.  Can you please share your favorite(s) with me?  I'd love to get even more excited (if that's possible) about my upcoming Alaskan cruise in June.

What do you absolutely love about her?

I've found that Youtube is the best possible resource for really getting a good look, better than pictures can do. Go on youtube and just type in Ruby Princess- you'll find lots and lots of videos, ship explores, etc. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 12:45 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I love the new night lights that are motion activated.

Remember all of my food is dairy free so just imagine how yummy it would be with cheese and butter!

Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) or 🔆

888150CD-0F5B-4989-AB39-D6B233A19B1C.jpeg

9663429A-5D9E-49B8-9A0D-FAD7D4CDABAB.jpeg

840B695A-0CA1-40CE-B395-7B4D11EE2640.jpeg

BE52A323-0EEB-447D-8B4F-46476ADED053.jpeg

FB2A4201-4A9A-45E9-9730-03AD20532994.jpeg

232450EA-8543-4DFD-8A3E-64621D205DD8.jpeg

Thanks!

• Like 2