Faster to the Fun for sale??

tborquez

I have booked my cruise for June 2020 on the Carnival Panorama.  Since the day I purchased, I have been checking for the Faster to the Fun in excursions.  It says to check back because excursions are still being scheduled. When does the FTTF usually become available? I know they are released in blocks,  a little at a time, but is it just too far in advanced still to be available?? 

For my 11/30/19 cruise, FTTF just became available for the first time today. So about 9 months out.  It sure if it’s the same for every cruise, though. They have to have a good idea of how many Platinums and Diamonds there will be onboard first, so they don’t oversell priority boarding. 

I booked my March 31 2019 Dream Cruise in the Fall of  2018. FTTF was Sold Out the day I booked! It remained Sold Out until 2 days ago. This is the 1st time in my Carnival cruises that I couldn't book the FTTF at the time of my initial booking.

So, I'm very happy it became available. 😁

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, bakersdozen12 said:

For my 11/30/19 cruise, FTTF just became available for the first time today. So about 9 months out.  It sure if it’s the same for every cruise, though. They have to have a good idea of how many Platinums and Diamonds there will be onboard first, so they don’t oversell priority boarding. 

That's true after the first block of I think 30 is sold.  The only time they won't offer any  is if it's a special cruise where they automatically know that there will be many Platinums and Diamonds.  I think they're call Journeys cruise.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old post but the original person was looking for FTTF for the Carnival Panorama.  I am booked on the sailing March 28, 2020 and they still haven't listed FTTF for sale.  I am not looking for it as I am Platinum but there are others who have been waiting.  It has never gone for sale for this sailing as if it was, it would say sold out.  They say they are not selling FTTF for the first few months of the Panorama and will start for the February sailings but nothing has been listed for the March 28 sailing.  Has anyone seen any FTTF for any of their Panorama bookings?  

I'm on a cruise Thanksgiving of 2020... we booked in June, almost a year and a half before the cruise, and FTTF was available as soon as we booked, and here it is 2 months later and it's still available... I was really surprised it was available so soon and for so long!

10 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I'm on a cruise Thanksgiving of 2020... we booked in June, almost a year and a half before the cruise, and FTTF was available as soon as we booked, and here it is 2 months later and it's still available... I was really surprised it was available so soon and for so long!

For the Panorama?

3 hours ago, cdm289 said:

I know this is an old post but the original person was looking for FTTF for the Carnival Panorama.  I am booked on the sailing March 28, 2020 and they still haven't listed FTTF for sale.  I am not looking for it as I am Platinum but there are others who have been waiting.  It has never gone for sale for this sailing as if it was, it would say sold out.  They say they are not selling FTTF for the first few months of the Panorama and will start for the February sailings but nothing has been listed for the March 28 sailing.  Has anyone seen any FTTF for any of their Panorama bookings?  

WE are also sailing on the March 28.  We have been looking for fttf also, but it is unavailable. Someone posted the other day on an unmentionable website site that specialty dining was available now - but I sure couldn't find it on my booking. PS - We have never sailed out of Long Beach.  At $109.99 wonder if FTTF is worth it. 

Edited by dave_k58
adding a PS

40 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Ok, I think it got off track back in Feb. As CDM289 mentioned, the OP asked about the Panorama, and I don’t believe it’s going to be offered, at least in the beginning. I think everyone, starting with the second post started talking about their cruise and not the Panorama.

I was the OP and have been checking every single day for the FTTF. We aren't sailing until June 2020, but now 10 months out and I still have not seen it go on sale or sold out either. I also did see that they were not going to offer it at the beginning but I thought maybe since our sailing is in June it may be available for us. I just really was hoping to get it because we are traveling with two children, one a special needs toddler, and a large family group. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep checking. 

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Ok, I think it got off track back in Feb. As CDM289 mentioned, the OP asked about the Panorama, and I don’t believe it’s going to be offered, at least in the beginning. I think everyone, starting with the second post started talking about their cruise and not the Panorama.

I read somewhere they're offering FTTF on the Panorama starting in February 2020.

11 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

WE are also sailing on the March 28.  We have been looking for fttf also, but it is unavailable. Someone posted the other day on an unmentionable website site that specialty dining was available now - but I sure couldn't find it on my booking. PS - We have never sailed out of Long Beach.  At $109.99 wonder if FTTF is worth it. 

Booking for specialty dining became available last week.  I did take a look through the options but I am sure that can wait until closer to the cruise.  

Is the $109.99 worth it?  I am sure some people say "yes" and some say "no".  I bought it about 4 times prior to becoming platinum.  Did we love it?  Yes.  However, I started to get it when it was only $49.99 then $59.99 then another increase.  The last year I bought it, I had to buy it for 2 cabins as my sons have gotten older and then it was >$100.  They are getting so much faster at getting people on the ship plus they now have prearranged boarding times.  I think if you were going to spend the money that you have to look at some of the other perks.  This cruise will have tenders or "water taxis".  Getting 5000 people off on water taxis is a bit of a crap show.  Also, if you need something from Guest Services you don't have to wait in what can be a very long line.  Disembarkation is also a whole lot nicer too.  To me, $109.99 may be worth it but I would need to buy for 2 cabins so I wouldn't be spending $219.98 and that I wouldn't do.  I am glad that I am now platinum and we don't have to worry about that any longer.  

As for the FTTF being for sale, in all my other cruises where I purchased it, the first round was always right when the excursions were being uploaded.  I tend to sail in March and I would have bought by April or May and then it always showed under excursions as sold out.  Online they  mention that they are only going to be available for February 2020 onward.  I am surprised only because this is a big money maker for Carnival.  If only 20 are sold, that is an extra $2000 of pure profit.  I get that they may not be at capacity to get rooms ready early as there may be many platinum or diamonds travelling but they are losing money by not offering it at all.  

12 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I know we are not talking about the Panorama here but when I sailed on the Carnival Splendor back in 2018, when FTTF was first available for that sailing, it took months to sell out the first offering.  I was very surprised as they normally as snapped up right away.  I wasn't sure if maybe they didn't have as many early bookings on that cruise or if people didn't think it was worth it as the price had just gone up again on FTTF.  Anyway, I was surprised that it took a while to sell out but then closer to the sailing, I saw many posts of people checking daily for it to be on sale again.  I assume people may think twice now as the price is so much higher than when the program was created.  

• 3 months later...

I am booked on the March 21st sailing of Panorama and have been checking every single day since July and nothing yet.  When I called Carnival and asked a couple months back she said to watch towards the end of the year for February sailings and beyond.  On a side note....it sure has been fun to see everyone's videos who are on the inaugural sailing this week!!!