Canceled flights?

jones4664

You might want to see if you can get on a flight today, even standby. The snow hasn’t started falling yet, but will be here soon. They say the heaviest will fall between 4-7pm. The flights may take off tomorrow, but getting to the airport may be the issue. Are you close to SeaTac?

Edited by crzndeb

Thanks! We're in Snohomish County & it's been snowing for the last 3 hours. My concern is going to Seattle (we planned on staying tonight) then the flight is canceled & we'll be stuck LOL

I-5 is a mess up here...lots of accidents so getting to Seattle is becoming a concern too 🙄

50 minutes ago, jones4664 said:

Thanks! We're in Snohomish County & it's been snowing for the last 3 hours. My concern is going to Seattle (we planned on staying tonight) then the flight is canceled & we'll be stuck LOL

I-5 is a mess up here...lots of accidents so getting to Seattle is becoming a concern too 🙄

I’m in Lynnwood and it hasn’t started here yet. We are actually finally above freezing and roads are dry. WSdot shows I-5 green and clear all the way up to Skagit. I just saw an article on the news page, that SeaTac is really crowded right now with people trying to get out of town.

Edited by crzndeb

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

and that friends, is why you always fly to the cruise port the day before your sailing. 

I guess you know about the ships and sail dates more than I do. How do you know they weren’t flying in a day early. Do all Carnival FLL cruises sail on Saturdays?

Anyway, 200+ flights canceled today out of SeaTac. So even if they were flying same day or a day early, they probably would have been out of luck. I’m sure more tomorrow. Good call jones4664. What a bummer for you, but yes, better safe than sorry.

Edited by crzndeb

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

and that friends, is why you always fly to the cruise port the day before your sailing. 

Thanks...we are flying in a day ahead :classic_biggrin:

Sometimes that's not enough but we made it to Seattle & if our flight isn't canceled we're good! there's also a red eye as backup.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

19 hours ago, jones4664 said:

Anyone trying to fly out of Seattle today or tomorrow? We're suppose to fly into Fort Lauderdale tomorrow and I think it'll be canceled ☹

12 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I guess you know about the ships and sail dates more than I do. How do you know they weren’t flying in a day early. Do all Carnival FLL cruises sail on Saturdays?

So to point out a possibly obvious issue - the OP, despite flying the "day before", really is flying in at the last possible moment without taking a red-eye (which might get cancelled too).  Seattle to Ft Lauderdale is what, a 6 hour flight direct, plus a 3 hour time change?  The only way to get there in time to board is to fly by early afternoon or very late the day/night before (departures from Seattle at 6pm would have the flight arriving at 3am, which is generally not done).  Unless Seattle now has 3am departures, and yeah, that ain't done on purpose either.

Unfortunately, there is no wiggle room here - either the OP flies in time or doesn't.  There is no chance of a later flight that will get there in time (especially if flights are cancelled due to snowy weather).

Yeah, OP could have planned to fly a complete day earlier, and pay for two nights at a hotel.

I feel for you folks flying in from snowy parts of North America - you want to get away from it, but sometimes winter's icy claws dig in at the most inopportune times...  I really appreciate living a 40 min drive from the port.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

And we are on our flight here in Seattle waiting to take off. We drove to Seattle last night after all the traffic. Most flights yesterday were canceled but there is another red eye tonight landing at 7am in Fort Lauderdale so a lot are rebooked on that one for cruises leaving on Sunday like our! We'll be in at 5pm a day early so all worked out 😁

Happy Sailing everyone 

FWIW

In this instance, unless you have Cancel For Any Reason rider, insurance would not have covered this instance. Weather is not a covered reason. To receive any insurance coverage, you must make a good faith effort to attempt to catch up to the ship.

This would then be covered under Trip Delay or Trip Interruption.