RC Shareholder Benefits

The RCI policy on this changed years ago. It's a phantom "benefit." We always ask for it but never get it for the reason mentioned above. Princess still grants OBC if you have 100 shares of Carnival stock.

Edited by taxatty

50 minutes ago, cole'snana said:

I often get a senior or military  discount. Would that mean I couldn't get the $100. benefit also?

I always check the senior/mil blocks but rarely ever see any of those discounts.  With the Diamond C&A discount on balconies, you'll never see the shareholder OBC.

• 1 month later...

I got denied due to booking with another discount offer. I made this investment with the understanding that the OBC would help cushion any short comings in the share price and that would add up over future cruises to come. I was pretty jazzed about owning some RCL.

My mistake I guess.  Silly me for believing the offer page without digging into the fine print.  It they don't intend to honor it, why do they bother to offer it at all?

• Like 1

I sold my stock in Royal Caribbean due to their practices which made the OBC almost impossible to get.

On the other had I have received more OBC on Princess and Holland than I paid in total for my CCL stock. Especially nice since Princess allows multiple OMB sources to be combined.

This has become a phantom benefit(?)

Over the past 15+ years I had been able to take advantage to the offer, however , for my last 2 cruises I was denied because of OBC on my account that was less than the supposed shareholder OBC allowed for the sailings. It was a good run but now seems to be pretty much a worthless benefit(?). Probably time to sell and use proceeds for a couple of cruises.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, cole'snana said:

Can anyone share the benefits of being a shareholder in RC? 

Was told you get an onboard credit of $100.00 every time you cruise with RC or Celebrity.

Thank you.

We have enjoyed the benefits of obc for RCL stock ownership many times. I email a copy of my ira account with block out of important info but leaving name amount of stock and date. Fill out separate form found on line RCL or celebrity with cruise information. I requested they get back to me for confirmation. Voila I received what I’m entitled to. Recently on Grandeur I got a RCL $50 obc booking cruise the stock ownership got me $150 for a total of $200 which is what I should get for a 12 night cruise.

Last year transatlantic on Visions $200 for 13 nights. Eclipse $250 for 14 nights.

A few years ago Equionox no cigar. Frustrating. Did all the work but didn’t get it something wrong. Could not be rectified.

I bought stock years ago. Up like 170%. Bought my wife some during a stock market dip. Hers is up too!

If ya got your own ira buy it during a dip. Pays a dividend. 

Ncl has similar. 

Note: we always book cheapest inside cabin. Bjs or similar online sites. Rarely through RCL or celebrity. Cheap. Rather keep my money.

48 minutes ago, cementhands said:

Note: we always book cheapest inside cabin. Bjs or similar online sites. Rarely through RCL or celebrity. Cheap. Rather keep my money.

Yes, you have to book an inside nowadays to get the Shareholder benefits.  Balcony staterooms get the C&A discount that is higher than the shareholder benefits, so never able to use it.  Not sure about OV staterooms.

On Celebrity TA's, when there are no perks, you can use it every time.