Sabor Mexican

COCKYMARK

Depends on the ship. 

On Navigator in December it was wonderful.  Sadly it is no more on Navigator being replaced during dry dock underway.  On Oasis in November I found it meh.  

We had the UDP on both and eat there more than once on Navigator.  On Oasis it was one and done.  

Food is personal though.  

I think it is totally overpriced.  We did dinner there once and thought it wasn't worth it at all.  A couple of weeks ago, we did lunch there as we had the UDP.  

We were on Harmony and the place was packed, unlike our cruises on Allure, so we thought we would try it as it had to be really good being that busy.  I thought the chicken  tortilla soup was ok.  It was very thick and it appeared to me it was thickened with something rather than being thickened by reduction.

I order a chicken quesadilla and my sister order chicken tacos.  We both were served chicken tacos.  I would have returned the dish as it wasn't what I ordered, but it took a long time to get what we were served, so I thought I would just eat the taco.   The chicken was stringy and seemed stewed and not like any other chicken I've had for tacos.  The flour tortillas were homemade and were very small and quite thick.

The dessert churro was good.  I also like the guac and chips.  Based on the overall meal, I know we will not go there again.  

I think we're in the minority, but we really enjoy Sabor -- even with the new pricing. Nice margaritas, above average guacamole, and solid build-your-own tacos... What's not to like? Can we get better Mex or Tex-Mex on land? Of course. But we still enjoy the food and setting enough that we'll return on our next cruise. 

ETA: We've only been to Sabor on Oasis class. 

Edited by LisaLisa87

23 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

We are thinking of eating there on our upcoming cruise as we love mexican food. any info or comments from those who have been there are appreciated!

The single worst specialty dining I have had on any cruise ship, any cruise line.  It was bland and the dinner is what you'd expect in WJ for lunch.  There is no substantial meal on the menu.  Just a lot of grease and cheese.  If you really love Mexican food you will be VERY disappointed.  This is not Mexican food.  And it certainly is not a dinner meal worth paying anything for.  

16 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Wow alot of different opinions!

For sure. We tried Sabor on Liberty since we had a free specialty dining. The guacamole was excellent. The rest was good but not something I would pay for. The margaritas were way overpriced.