Online Check-In Not Working

Had same problem. My TA had to send me a generic link to their website to get in. Printed everything, cleared all cookies and tried again. Couldn't get in.  Called RCL yesterday and the lady was actually an ass and said there is something wrong with your booking and you need to call your TA. No miss....there is something wrong with your website AGAIN !!!!

Had the same problem with chrome. Got nowhere with the first tech I spoke to. Calling back later and the tech said it was probably the browser. Went to internet explorer and had no trouble checking in.

16 minutes ago, charlies_mom said:

I have a MAC.  I wonder if that is the issue?  I tried two different browsers.

I also have a MAC and I tried all three browsers:  Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  None of them seem to work on a MAC. Right now, online check in seems to be only for people who have Windows.  You would think that Royal Caribbean would test out their web site on more than one operating system before going live with it.

It's a mess.  I was locked out several times this week trying to use  the system with chrome.  I finally finished registration and called the customer service line to confirm we were done and i wouldn't have to access it anymore.

12 minutes ago, actuarian said:

I also have a MAC and I tried all three browsers:  Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  None of them seem to work on a MAC. Right now, online check in seems to be only for people who have Windows.  You would think that Royal Caribbean would test out their web site on more than one operating system before going live with it.

Dare to dream.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:50 AM, charlies_mom said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to start my online check in for my cruise in 8 days.  Whoot whoot!!

The Royal Caribbean website keeps saying my check-in is temporarily unavailable.  

Has this happened to anyone?

Do you think it's a sign of a bigger problem?

It is a common error. Call them, they guide you through it. I had the same problem couple of days ago and I called. Took less than 5 minutes for them to resolve it, which also included clearing my cache.

Enjoy your cruise!

I’m going to have to call myself.  I’ve been trying to get in for 3 days.  I’ve tried all browsers on our PC with no luck. I want to print my luggage tags so I need the computer.  But I tried to get in on my iPad just to check, and had no luck there either.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:16 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I couldn’t do my Checkin either. I called and they told me that their site won’t work on Apple products! That was a response from crown and anchor!

Well that explains why mine just spins forever. Thats annoying. I guess I will hunt down a pc and try explorer.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:26 PM, msumike said:

Had same problem. My TA had to send me a generic link to their website to get in. Printed everything, cleared all cookies and tried again. Couldn't get in.  Called RCL yesterday and the lady was actually an ass and said there is something wrong with your booking and you need to call your TA. No miss....there is something wrong with your website AGAIN !!!!

Can you post that link?

On 2/12/2019 at 5:43 PM, er345 said:

I’m going to have to call myself.  I’ve been trying to get in for 3 days.  I’ve tried all browsers on our PC with no luck. I want to print my luggage tags so I need the computer.  But I tried to get in on my iPad just to check, and had no luck there either.

if you can't print your luggage tags that is not a big deal. The porters will do that for you

I have had all of the same (above mentioned) issues about getting into the check in area, and have tried all of the tricks:  going Incognito, changing computers, clearing out the cache, changing browsers, waiting 15 min. for the reservation to "unlock", etc.  My thoughts are 1-that the reservations just randomly lock up sometimes and/or 2-their system is just unable to handle all of the traffic and getting in might just be hit or miss.  Today, none of my tricks worked.  I just called Customer Service and even she couldn't unlock the reservations and said that they will print at the port.  

The good news--we are not crazy.  The bad news--their systems have not improved since this last website overhaul. The old one worked like a champ!