Kiel to Hamburg

Stella1250

Hello everyone. I am on the QV this July for the Baltic cruise. We are flying out of Hamburg, but the ship docks in Kiel. Can anyone tell me where on the Cunard website I can find the transfer option to get from Kiel to Hamburg airport? Thank you!

It's worth checking the voyage personaliser as Host Hattie has suggested, just in case the transfers have been added there for your particular voyage. But in my experience, I've never seen Cunard transfers listed in the US voyage personaliser as one might expect like shore excursions are listed there.

It is possible to book Cunard transfers during the initial booking process if you book through the Cunard US website. There the Cunard airport transfer from Keil is showing as "Group Transfer Port To Airport" for $120 per person. But the only ways I know to add a Cunard transfer to a US booking after the fact are to 1) call Cunard customer service if you booked directly with Cunard, 2) work with your travel agent if you booked through a travel agent, or 3) book the transfer once you are on board with the Travel Office.

The only problem with the  bus is the luggage. We will have 3 suitcases and two carryons, which makes it difficult to move around. That extra suitcase for the dress clothes really makes it hard! I would rather pay the extra and have them move the bags.

2 hours ago, Stella1250 said:

Thank you! I think I will wait until I am on the ship to book this transfer. Seems the easiest option.

One additional detail I should have mentioned is that the cost of the Cunard transfers is usually higher if you book on board. I can't say how the Kiel transfer will be priced on board, but QM2 Cunard transfers to the New York airports are $40 per person if booked in advance and $49 per person if booked on board. Now if you have a lot of onboard credit to use, then booking on board could still be a good deal for you.

You might consider using Cunard's preferred luggage service which replaced Cunard Care. It is Luggageforward.com You can send a large bag from any Cunard Port to the US for a reasonable price. Especially when compared to hauling it around. You leave your bag with the forwarding agent at Kiel as you exit the ship and the next time you see it, it will be delivered to your door. 

I posted this information on the board, and several people who frequent the board had personal experience with the company and were pleased. You might check that out. They have a toll free number you can call and speak to a representative and get any questions you have answered. 

I have booked a 50lb suitcase to be sent to Southampton from Texas for my next cruise and then from NYC to Texas for my return, it was less than $465, including added insurance ($3,000)  and expedited delivery in the US. 

Edited by Bigmike911

Greetings Stella1250! My wife and I are also on your cruise. Cunard offers airport transfers from Kiel post-cruise, but we could not get a flight late enough in the day to be able to use the transfers. We ended up booking a private car to return to Hamburg for one more night.                blacklane.com

Hi TV Dad! We are also flying home on Friday. Staying in Hamburg 3 days before the cruise, and one day after. You are right, all of the flights to the states were too early on Thursday. I think we are going to use the Cunard transfer to the airport on Thursday because we are staying in an airport hotel that night. Our flight on Friday is very early, so it was a better choice. Hope to see you on the ship! Is there a meet and greet planned yet? Anita.

20 hours ago, Stella1250 said:
20 hours ago, Stella1250 said:

Hope to see you on the ship! Is there a meet and greet planned yet? Anita.

I believe you and I  may be in the process of starting one! 

Yes, I have. I think I on the roll call posted once. Although, I admit I haven't been on the roll call in about a month. 

They'll have the benefit of two days, to meet and mingle,  on board before we get there.

Have you seen any other mention of a meet & greet?