Ports Missed the Most

MidWestChill

25 minutes ago, welldone60 said:

It took us 3 cruises to get to Grand Turk. Even though it;s not a tender, high winds kept us from docking. 

Do you recall what months?  Wondering if some are known to be windier then others.  We are there in less then 2 weeks!  (hopefully)

Don't be mad when they miss a port.  We hit HMC last November and it was rough.  I was really surprised they sent the tenders, it was bad.  The afternoon back was a total mess with the rough waters.  Now my family wasn't bothered at all but many in the Facegroup were very very upset and I could easily see why.  If that was OK then I feel confident that when they cancel they are doing so with because it really is that bad. 

I've missed Belize once in November, (week of Thanksgiving) and on another cruise, I missed Grand Cayman (years ago), in March. It was really a bummer because it was a gorgeous day! It was on NCL's the Jewel, which was brand new at the time. To pour salt in the wound, we were watching CCL tendering people all morning long, but for some reason, our ship was unable. We watched NCL try so hard to get the tenders going, but the seas were just too rough. 

Edited by shellster1
spelling

8 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Haven’t missed Princess Cays in 8 port calls there.

Research is showing Stanley in the Falkland Islands is frequently missed... hopefully we are able to call there during our South America and Antarctica cruise.

You should go back and re-read the OP's post. The question referred to ports in the Caribbean. I don't recall seeing the Falkland Islands as part of any Caribbean itinerary.

• Haha 1

We missed Cozumel, after the hurricane.  There were only partial peers, you could also see straight through the buildings, and the waves were too rough for tendering.

We also missed Progresso because of rough seas. 

We had to tender in to Grand Cayman from a different point on the island due to rough seas.

I've had 4 excursions booked at Grand Cayman.  I made 1 of them.  Twice, we couldn't tender, and once, they tendered us to a secondary location but all of the water excursion on the island were cancelled due to the rough water. 

I'm glad that i made the very first excursion i ever booked there because i was unaware that it was an iffy port. (years ago and new to cruising)  i would have been bummed had we not made it.  i would have gotten over it and enjoyed the vacation, but i would have been bummed. 

8 hours ago, shellster1 said:

I've missed Belize once in November, (week of Thanksgiving) and on another cruise, I missed Grand Cayman (years ago), in March. It was really a bummer because it was a gorgeous day! It was on NCL's the Jewel, which was brand new at the time. To pour salt in the wound, we were watching CCL tendering people all morning long, but for some reason, our ship was unable. We watched NCL try so hard to get the tenders going, but the seas were just too rough. 

That happened to us in Belize one time...we could see NCL (or maybe it was RCCL? I forget) tendering people out but for whatever reason, we couldn't. 

We were bummed, of course, because it was a beautiful day. But we ended up having just as much fun watching people absolutely lose their minds at guest services. One woman stood there for a good half hour at least and when she didn't get what she wanted, she whipped out her phone and paced around the atrium lobby for a good half hour at least yelling at somebody at corp on the phone.

There was also a guy who was absolutely in tears because we were missing Belize...he had flown in family from other parts of South America to watch him propose to his girlfriend. Oops.

Watching people lose their *bleep* over stuff they can't control while slightly intoxicated (I'm a cheap drunk) is funnier than dirt.

• Like 1

Knock on wood, we have never missed a port despite all of our cruises have been in hurricane season because DW is a teacher. The closest we have come is getting into Fort Lauderdale to disembark two days late because of a hurricane. I guess they do have to let you off the ship at some point. LOL

14 hours ago, IPlayWithString said:

For us for whatever reason, the port we end up missing the most has always been Belize. Not that we care...we're fine with missing it. 

Sitting in the atrium lobby with a nice adult beverage watching people absolutely LOSE THEIR MINDS over missing a port is always fun, though.

Awesome idea.  Watching people at guest services freak is a great idea.  I will head to the lobby next time.  Lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1