Carnival drink menus

queenkathryn

29 minutes ago, joy4ron said:

I always tip- I probably "OverTip". I just needed the info for comparison shopping.

I'm pretty nerdy, and I was trying to do a spreadsheet to determine how many drinks a day would compare.

I was comparing the individual drink prices to the cost of the package.  However, I compared the individual drinks before the gratuity to the package after the gratuity.  It makes a difference...

Thank you

There is a spreadsheet/ cheers calculator floating around on here, you may be able to search and find it. 

3 hours ago, joy4ron said:

Can someone confirm this for me?  I’ve been on the fence about the Cheera program, but it looks like it might actually be a fair deal for my wife and I

When you purchase the Cheers package they add the 18% in your cart. Remember it will include

• All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price (15 daily)
  • Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages
  • Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

I do not get close to the 15 alcoholic drinks daily. I usually get about 6-8. But I do also get the water bottles and specialty coffees. In the end it is still a deal for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryKane said:

On the current cheers spreadsheet does that not automatically add the 18% grats then per drink?

I just enter what I pay and adjust the days. Prices just went up and I do  not believe the spreadsheet has been updated.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 1:53 AM, Llamabear said:

Mocha chocolate getaway is hands down my favorite!!!!! I didn't see it on there, but they had a drink that was a strawberry daiquiri and pina colada side by side in a glass...soooo good. I think it was either $8.95 or $9.95. Totally worth every cent!

Miami VIce!!  Yummy!!!

1 hour ago, OkieRican said:

I just enter what I pay and adjust the days. Prices just went up and I do  not believe the spreadsheet has been updated.

Depending on the spreadsheet you're using, there's a formula that auto adds the grats. This is the one I use!

1505515654_CarnivalBeveragePackageEvaluator.xls

Edited to say: I did not make this, I found it on this forum so thank you to whoever created it!

Edited by xostacylee

4 hours ago, xostacylee said:

Depending on the spreadsheet you're using, there's a formula that auto adds the grats. This is the one I use!

Edited to say: I did not make this, I found it on this forum so thank you to whoever created it!

I don't think the prices are quite accurate on the spreadsheet.

I'm not 100% sure that we will drink quite enough alcohol to make it worth it, but the fact that all the other non-alcoholic drinks are included, and the peace of mind that it's all paid for and I don't have to be concerned about my drinks is probably what is pushing it over the top for me

Edited by joy4ron
Correction

18 hours ago, xostacylee said:

This one doesn't appear to add gratuities on the per drink price though.

10 hours ago, HarryKane said:

This one doesn't appear to add gratuities on the per drink price though.

It does! If you look at the formula on box E it includes the daily total times 18%. So it defaults to $470.41 for 7 days, which is $67 per day (which is $56.95 x 18% grat). 

Prices, if anything, would've gone up from this. Though I vaguely remember getting Long Island's for about $10 each in 2013. But this is still a rough estimate to help folks make a somewhat educated decision.

Edited to say: This is based on $56.95 which is what you would pay if you buy on the ship. If you pre-buy, t's $51.95 per day. So make sure to note that when doing the math!

Edited by xostacylee
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, xostacylee said:

Edited to say: This is based on $56.95 which is what you would pay if you buy on the ship. If you pre-buy, t's $51.95 per day. So make sure to note that when doing the math!

And if you pre-pay with 10% discounted Carnival gift cards, the 51.95 per day becomes 46.75. + 9.35 grat or 56.10 per day.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 9:03 AM, joy4ron said:

I always tip- I probably "OverTip". I just needed the info for comparison shopping.

I'm pretty nerdy, and I was trying to do a spreadsheet to determine how many drinks a day would compare.

I was comparing the individual drink prices to the cost of the package.  However, I compared the individual drinks before the gratuity to the package after the gratuity.  It makes a difference...

Thank you

The cost of Cheers could also be considered if you purchase the package with the AARP gift cards at the (10%) discount rate.

8-day cruise w/ Cheers is (approximately) $980 (w/gratuities) + discount gift cards (10% off) = $880

Hope this helps. I know I don’t have all bars and all drinks. I only listed the drinks from menus where the ingredients were listed. I didnt include well drinks or any other drink I can get at home. I am going to check each off on my next cruise. We have Cheers this time 👍B5EB62AA-30A5-4660-8D86-F3467BA92A09.thumb.jpeg.7bffe9a0a4a121b66e5a396b4f0ee660.jpeg85C8B34E-B777-4DD8-9590-8517C5824E34.thumb.jpeg.3593b7819c8e0ab554d7c58464f15952.jpeg

BTW, I would love additions, corrections, or links to other menus. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nvr2old2cruise said:

Hope this helps. I know I don’t have all bars and all drinks. I only listed the drinks from menus where the ingredients were listed. I didnt include well drinks or any other drink I can get at home. I am going to check each off on my next cruise. We have Cheers this time 👍B5EB62AA-30A5-4660-8D86-F3467BA92A09.thumb.jpeg.7bffe9a0a4a121b66e5a396b4f0ee660.jpeg85C8B34E-B777-4DD8-9590-8517C5824E34.thumb.jpeg.3593b7819c8e0ab554d7c58464f15952.jpeg

BTW, I would love additions, corrections, or links to other menus. 

Where do you have this file? Any chance you could send it to me?

On 3/14/2019 at 5:19 PM, joy4ron said:

I'm not 100% sure that we will drink quite enough alcohol to make it worth it, but the fact that all the other non-alcoholic drinks are included, and the peace of mind that it's all paid for and I don't have to be concerned about my drinks is probably what is pushing it over the top for me

I am not trying to convince you to buy the Cheers package, I just want to share what my experience was this past week.

I am NOT a heavy drinker, but when I drink, I prefer them “fancy” and only with the higher quality alcohol.  I also tend to not finish a drink, and then later decide I want a different flavor.  With Cheers, I could just move on to a different drink and not worry that I spent $10+ on the wasted cocktails.

Here’s what I ordered yesterday (last Sea Day) under Cheers (this does not mean that I finished them all).  All vodka drinks were either Grey Goose or Belvedere -

Hot Chai Tea

Irish Coffee

Bottled Water

Honest T bottle - half lemonade/half tea

Chocolate Lovers Iced Coffee (it might have had some other name)

Perrier can

Blue Moon Martini

Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini

Martini Seduction

Bottled Water

Sugar Free Rockstar

Blue Moon Martini

Whimsy Scarlett Martini

Martini Seduction

Perrier can

We barely sat at The Alchemy Bar on our last day, as it was CRAZY crowded.  Also, we were busy checking out the photo gallery and packing.  On most days, I would have purchased four drinks from Alchemy Bar, grabbed a few bottled waters/Perrier cans, and, at least, one beverage from either the Cremes Bar or Coffee Bar.   I got my money’s worth through Cheers.  Even on hot port days, when a cool Frappe was the first thing my husband and I would pick up on our way to our cabin.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, joy4ron said:

I don't think the prices are quite accurate on the spreadsheet.