Ovation Of The Seas

VK3DQ

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It is a good space but sometimes it is poorly used.

They showed a few movies on the robot screens last cruise which was good.

I don’t know why the have movies buy the pool,I find it hard to watch them.The bright sun,people walking in front of you,plus other distractions.

I travel with my Mum (mid 60s) who usually leaves all the planning to me(mid30s). We agree on a destination and  I pick the ship/cruise line itinerary and give her the options on dates.

While she was in Sydney last year she saw the ship docked  and sent a photo to me with the comment . " We are doing this ship next time" tell me when and where we are going"😁

The ship looks amazing. So any advice we be great. Looking at NZ on an Oct or Nov sailing this year. Was concerned about maybe being bored on a cruise with alot of sea days and with cooler weather which is why we haven't done NZ yet. Looks like alot to do on this ship so boredom won't be a problem even with cooler weather. But any must do or your fav activities would be a start for to investigate.  Was that an indoor pool area I saw in the photos.  Havnt checked out the ships facilities online yet so no idea.

The photos above the ship looking down were amazing.  Was that from a glass lift? 

Any photos of your room ? Or just any you would like to would be great.  

Getting excited and it's not even booked 

3 hours ago, Nelie said:

I travel with my Mum (mid 60s) who usually leaves all the planning to me(mid30s). We agree on a destination and  I pick the ship/cruise line itinerary and give her the options on dates.

While she was in Sydney last year she saw the ship docked  and sent a photo to me with the comment . " We are doing this ship next time" tell me when and where we are going"😁

The ship looks amazing. So any advice we be great. Looking at NZ on an Oct or Nov sailing this year. Was concerned about maybe being bored on a cruise with alot of sea days and with cooler weather which is why we haven't done NZ yet. Looks like alot to do on this ship so boredom won't be a problem even with cooler weather. But any must do or your fav activities would be a start for to investigate.  Was that an indoor pool area I saw in the photos.  Havnt checked out the ships facilities online yet so no idea.

The photos above the ship looking down were amazing.  Was that from a glass lift? 

Any photos of your room ? Or just any you would like to would be great.  

Getting excited and it's not even booked 

The ship has plenty of things to do and places to be and places to relax, there is the pools and many lounges in the Solarium (up front up top).

The North Star is a great way to get fantastic views down onto the ship and it's surrounds.

We like the cabins on level 7.

I really loved Ovation. There was lots to do. Solarium is a nice spot to relax in. The staff were all great. Actually I don't have anything negative to say about it. We cruised NZ for first time in December on Ovation and loved it as a destination. Have travelled by land before but enjoyed new places like Napier. I would do that cruise again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 6:57 AM, Chiliburn said:

The scooter?

is that yours or the ships?

I’m interested about someone having one, what are formalities of getting one on the ship.

You need to hire one if you don’t have your own. The ships don’t provide them there a number of companies one that I’ve heard good things about is Special Needs at Sea, but I’ve got my own power wheelchair so have never used any of them thus no personal experience

8 hours ago, Suzbluz said:

I really loved Ovation. There was lots to do. Solarium is a nice spot to relax in. The staff were all great. Actually I don't have anything negative to say about it. We cruised NZ for first time in December on Ovation and loved it as a destination. Have travelled by land before but enjoyed new places like Napier. I would do that cruise again tomorrow. 

Agreed, have cruised her a few times, and likely will again.

• 2 weeks later...

I  am from Florida so am very interested in seeing Sydney and New Zealand. My husband and I will be on the Ovation 

next February 2020. Do you have any "must see" excursions or places to see?? Thanks for any suggestions.

30 minutes ago, jy3742 said:

I  am from Florida so am very interested in seeing Sydney and New Zealand. My husband and I will be on the Ovation 

next February 2020. Do you have any "must see" excursions or places to see?? Thanks for any suggestions.

Welcome to cruise Critic and Australia.

I’ve been on ovation 5 times and twice around New Zealand and I would love to help you 

Theres another forum about ports of call.

so what ports and your interests?

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:47 PM, jy3742 said:

Welcome to CC. If going to Picton, the wineries are a must.

We were in Picton on last years Radiance Trans-Pacific and hired a car for the day and drove the Queen Charlotte Drive and headed to Giesen Winery just outside Blenheim for lunch.  Great winery, lunch, sights and a fantastic day.

We are also going to give Ovation a go in November on a 3 nighter cruise to nowhere.  Have done Rhapsody, Voyager and Radiance but thought we would try it out first before booking anything longer on such a large ship.

7 hours ago, soak01 said:

We were in Picton on last years Radiance Trans-Pacific and hired a car for the day and drove the Queen Charlotte Drive and headed to Giesen Winery just outside Blenheim for lunch.  Great winery, lunch, sights and a fantastic day.

We are also going to give Ovation a go in November on a 3 nighter cruise to nowhere.  Have done Rhapsody, Voyager and Radiance but thought we would try it out first before booking anything longer on such a large ship.

3 days you would see a 10th of Ovation. I’ve been on it 5 times and are still finding new places.

short cruises are expensive you would get 5-6 nights for the same price.

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Mic you think that chook is looking at the buffet or the pool party???

Maybe both, Albatross are supposed to be monogamous but this young chick would be hungry and still be looking for a mate.