Cappuccinos on the classic alcoholic beverage package?

macwheelz93

Hi,

I know there are lots of threads about the various beverage packages, but I can't seem to find the answers that I am looking for. I currently have the premium non-alcoholic beverage package on an upcoming cruise and my cruise planner is showing a very low price to upgrade to a classic alcoholic package. My question is does the classic package still cover cappuccinos at Cafe Al Bacio and other venues on board? The premium non-alcoholic package lists specialty coffees while the classic alcoholic package description lists premium coffees. Are these two different terms for the same thing or is there a difference? Also, does the classic package allow for non-alcoholic versions of the frozen beverages that are covered by the package?

Thanks!

Hope you enjoy.   If you like your Cappuccino similar to Starbucks would recommend ordering a Double Shot Dry.   My experience is most of the servers put too much milk in them and they come out more like a Latte.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hope you enjoy.   If you like your Cappuccino similar to Starbucks would recommend ordering a Double Shot Dry.   My experience is most of the servers put too much milk in them and they come out more like a Latte.

Thanks for the tip!

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

What does a double shot dry get you?  Will that be no milk at all or just that you get the extra shot without extra milk?  I agree the cappuccino they make is a bit weak and milky.

2 hours ago, poffles said:

What does a double shot dry get you?  Will that be no milk at all or just that you get the extra shot without extra milk?  I agree the cappuccino they make is a bit weak and milky.

Double shot will get you two shots of Espresso and the Dry will be mostly foam with a little milk.  

Alas, the price I saw in the cruise planner was an error. On the beverage package page it showed $7.19 CND per day to upgrade (which I knew was incredibly cheap), but when I went to complete the upgrade it turned out to be $57.19. I will be sticking with my non alcoholic package and just paying for my 2-3 drinks per day! Interestingly, this corrected price to upgrade combined with what I have already paid is more than cancelling my current package and buying the other one outright!

30 minutes ago, macwheelz93 said:

Alas, the price I saw in the cruise planner was an error. On the beverage package page it showed $7.19 CND per day to upgrade (which I knew was incredibly cheap), but when I went to complete the upgrade it turned out to be $57.19. I will be sticking with my non alcoholic package and just paying for my 2-3 drinks per day! Interestingly, this corrected price to upgrade combined with what I have already paid is more than cancelling my current package and buying the other one outright!

I wondered how it could be a 'low price' to upgrade but figured maybe you were being offered a very nice deal.  When I look, the Premium Non Alcohol is $22 a day and the Classic Alcohol is $59 a day and that is before the 18% that is added to the total cost. Such a big daily difference so a person really has to consider what they might drink for sure to make it worth it.

Edited to add that unless it clearly states 'update' in the Cruise Planner, you are charged full cost of another package and not the difference.  I had to call when I did an upgrade on my last cruise as the upgrade option didn't appear for me, maybe it would have as I got closer to sail date but I didn't want to wait and glad I didn't because they upped the prices.

Edited by poffles

19 minutes ago, poffles said:

I wondered how it could be a 'low price' to upgrade but figured maybe you were being offered a very nice deal.  When I look, the Premium Non Alcohol is $22 a day and the Classic Alcohol is $59 a day and that is before the 18% that is added to the total cost. Such a big daily difference so a person really has to consider what they might drink for sure to make it worth it.

Edited to add that unless it clearly states 'update' in the Cruise Planner, you are charged full cost of another package and not the difference.  I had to call when I did an upgrade on my last cruise as the upgrade option didn't appear for me, maybe it would have as I got closer to sail date but I didn't want to wait and glad I didn't because they upped the prices.

This was an upgrade offer, but either there was a typo which has now been fixed on the first page or I was seeing things. As you said, the difference between the non-alcoholic packages and the alcoholic ones is so much that one does have to think about whether they will drink enough to make up the difference.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, macwheelz93 said:

Hi,

I know there are lots of threads about the various beverage packages, but I can't seem to find the answers that I am looking for. I currently have the premium non-alcoholic beverage package on an upcoming cruise and my cruise planner is showing a very low price to upgrade to a classic alcoholic package. My question is does the classic package still cover cappuccinos at Cafe Al Bacio and other venues on board? The premium non-alcoholic package lists specialty coffees while the classic alcoholic package description lists premium coffees. Are these two different terms for the same thing or is there a difference? Also, does the classic package allow for non-alcoholic versions of the frozen beverages that are covered by the package?

Thanks!

I want to commend you for having the non-alcoholic beverage package. I personally avoid both, the alcoholic and caffeinated drinks, as I view even mild mind altering drugs to have negative effects. Alcohol has it's purposes for medical uses however. 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:55 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you. I will use this on my next cruise.