Excursion in Belize

TrixiePixie

We are on a carrebean cruise in May of 2019. One of our ports is Belize. We were thinking of visiting one ruin while there princess has excursions to  Altuna  Ha Mayan ruins and Lamana Mayan ruins. Has anyone been on either of these excursion?  Please if you have I would appreciate your feed back. Thanks. TrixiePixie 

I did a Princess tour to Altun Ha in Jan 2017 and enjoyed it.  I had done a paper on the Mayan people in high school so it was great to finally see some of their ancient structures (kind of like pyramids, but with a flat top instead of a pointy one).  I'm not familiar with the Lamana ruins.  I see they're only (?) accesible by river boat.  The photos of the Lamana ruins looks similar to what I saw at Altun Ha, although I'm not sure they're as tall.

The cavetubing is a tour of Belizehen an hour bus ride to the location. You then can rent a locker to store things in if needed. Then you are broken into groups and equiped with a lifevest, a helmet, a light and a tube.  Then you walk with your guide about a half hour up to the launch site where you get into the water with your guide and spend anout 45 minutes floating thru the cave to the exit point.  This exit point is a short walk back to where yougot your equipment.  There is a small shop and a food vendor to get something to eat or drink.  Then you take a bus back to the ship.  If you go take a small flash light that you would not mind losing or your own headlight with fresh batteries.

We've done the cave tubing excursion.  It was a lot of fun. It's quite a walk from where they give you your equipment, to get down to the water.  Ground is uneven and down hill a bit.  If anyone has problems with walking, I would not suggest this trip.  I would highly suggest it to those able to do it.  We took a waterproof camera, but they also take several pictures of your adventure.  You can purchase the disk when you get back.  Seems like when we did it the disk was $20.  They may have updated since then and you can get the pictures online, not sure.