Status Match

lylabelle1

We booked in the last few days for the maiden cruise of the Belissima Mar 4.  It was tough to get booked actually and took days, most places online were sold out!  We finally got in with one online travel agency though and booked so I was excited, this is our first MSC cruise.

Status match problem - The website says 14 business days, we are 17 days out.  The reason I even waited a few days is because when I went to login to my Royal Crown and Anchor I realized it went to Gold!  I was platinum according to my emails.  And they were missing a 10 day cruise I just did in september.  After much searching, I figured out they had created me a NEW card, with just 10 points on it for that one cruise. I couldn't think why they would do that except I realized this was my first Royal cruise after I got married, and while I submitted my crown and anchor number upon booking, they never told me there was a problem with it, to submit a name change or that they had just issued me a new number!  

So I've emailed Royal about this problem and they didn't respond.  I can't login and see my old "status" but I still get emails with it so I submitted my card info to MSC from 3 days ago that I got on an email (though its missing 10 points).  Of course it has my maiden name too so I wet ahead and created 1 image for MSC that has an explanation, my card with status AND my marriage license (since I could only send one image, I combined them, I know time is of the essence!)

When I was looking at the MSC statu's it shows that 43,000 points is Gold.  Thats 43 nights right?   My missing 10 nights would put me at 48,000 so I would get to be gold.  But I need them to contact Royal I guess and confirm this?   I have an email out to my local travel agent hoping she can call and get it fixed before MSC calls so its easy but its the weekend.  

What a pain.  Anyone had any problems like this getting it all figured out?  Does MSC really take that long to do status matches?  Are we out of luck for this cruise??  Thanks for any responses!

It took at least to week to get mine, without any special considerations. I was Carnival gold, 34 points. I went to MSC silver. Good deal.  

If you look at the difference between silver and gold, it's not much,  Black is where it's at. Don't forget to get your 5% back after you get your status. There's a separate thread about it here. 

5 minutes ago, thetaro said:

Unless you are getting Black, all the other status are pretty much for the 5% discount benefit.

Well, if you plan to sail MSC more than once, getting Gold gives you a big leg up toward Black.

10 hours ago, lylabelle1 said:

When I was looking at the MSC statu's it shows that 43,000 points is Gold.  Thats 43 nights right?   My missing 10 nights would put me at 48,000 so I would get to be gold. 

MSC doesn't award a point per night.  Not sure what you mean about adding your 10 missing nights - if you mean that you think they'd get added to your Voyagers Club level, they won't.  MSC does not match your number of nights onboard with a cruise line to their loyalty club.  You only match the level you're at.

Here's how to collect points on MSC:

1681457526_ScreenShot2019-02-17at09_11_43.png.be1a833fb1cbbd387066158e54890847.png

Members with an upcoming confirmed booking with MSC will receive 100 bonus points if they update or confirm their contact details (email, phone, mobile, address) up to 72 hours before sailing. Members can update or confirm the contact details in the MSC Voyagers Club online personal area or through the Web Check-in. 

100 bonus points also apply to non-members with an upcoming confirmed booking with MSC who join the MSC Voyagers up to 72 hours before sailing.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

The way points were awarded was changed back in July 2015 (just before the advent of Status-Match).  Before then, you got a point for every night you cruised, regardless of which cabin category you chose.  You needed 100 points to attain Black.  At the time, I thought it was unfair that those who paid YC prices got the same number of points as those who paid for Bella Insides.  (Be careful what you wish for, eh? - While the current system takes this into account, the number of points awarded has been decreased across the categories).

Now, the points are in multiples of 100 (so 100 X 100 = 10,000 for Black - I think the Italians were hankering for their long-lost Lira  🙄).

• Haha 1

This is the link to status matching, although some higher levels no longer match quite so high, I think the lower matches are still quite accurate: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=384592

Crown & Anchor Gold = MSC Classic              (you will only be classic but you will get 5% off)

Crown & Anchor Platinum = MSC Silver         (you will be given 2200 pints and start at the bottom of silver)

It doesn't matter where you are within your current level (top or bottom or how many days you have sailed) you will match to the bottom of the level I showed above. If you can show them you are platinum, you will at least match to the bottom of MSC silver.

MSC classic will be awarded after your first cruise, by matching to that early (before 1st cruise) you will get 5% off your first cruise and a welcome back drink.

If the emails show you are platinum, perhaps you could send that as evidence?

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1