Silversea Deposit grab

stellacruises

Booked cruise 5 months ago.  5 weeks ago advised cruise cancelled for "operational" reasons.  Offered 10% off another cruise provided we book within 7 DAYS or an immediate refund.  Took 5 weeks and much nagging to get the refund.  Will never consider travelling with this outfit again under any circunstances.  

Sorry to hear of your problems. Always disappointing when a voyage is cancelled. 

Im surprised they instructed a booking must be made within 7 days. That sounds pretty unreasonable. My personal experience when I’ve had one cancelled was that SS was happy to work with me for a satisfactory outcome.

Good luck with your eventual next booking.

We recently had a Ponant cruise cancelled. Booked 18months ago, cancelled at Christmas for and August cruise, already had flights etc booked. 

We were offered 15% discount and $250 OBC if we rebooked, increased to 20% and $300 OBC when I complained, there was nothing available that fitted our dates, so we cancelled, took about 2 weeks to get our money but I have to say Ponant in Australia dealt with it pretty well.

Just booked a replacement cruise today with silverseas, will be an interesting comparison (we’ve previously sailed Ponant), not sure if we will utilise Ponants discount and book with them again...

7 hours ago, stellacruises said:

Booked cruise 5 months ago.  5 weeks ago advised cruise cancelled for "operational" reasons.  Offered 10% off another cruise provided we book within 7 DAYS or an immediate refund.  Took 5 weeks and much nagging to get the refund.  Will never consider travelling with this outfit again under any circunstances.  

Sorry to hear that. Which cruise was cancelled?