Anyone Have Feedback On Edge Room Service?

vtcruising

I haven't heard much about Room Service on the Edge and wondered how it was going in non-suites and sky suites especially, with the small, short tray tables on the balcony and no coffee tables. We usually enjoy room service breakfast at least a couple of times each cruise (especially on port days). We tried it once in the 14 days we were on the Edge and it just wasn't the same experience as S Class and M Class.

This is what we are used to in AQ for balcony furniture (M Class):

image.thumb.png.6209096e98ff7eb374c10b0e9d69c864.png

Must be my BIL and SIL's breakfast in adjoining cabin since we don't do pancakes and French toast on cruises (S Class):

image.thumb.png.7aec0c735d78a242c539e7c5e2ee9dad.png

And this was dinner on the balcony of a sky suite (S Class):

694092528_barcelonaroomservicexxx.png.ba94fc3a08ed540a33155b78cf0b7d58.png

This was breakfast on the Edge in a sky suite:

image.thumb.png.55e6c253fe8fe16b94660db696ccbacf.png

209196269_roomservice1.thumb.jpg.5eaef6c0c0d65fe444923cd44476fff7.jpg

image.thumb.png.a381b2a441a507f751b63aa1ee7d9004.png

Here is the Room Service book in the cabin (no longer have the large binder of info):

roomservice8.thumb.jpg.536410ca170c324e1fa6321a846ecadb.jpgroomservice2.thumb.jpg.acec5a84f648e07f8090db9671b66c42.jpg

1665840989_roomservice3.thumb.jpg.c80822b81dedd0d9c57f76e17e873477.jpg2077852464_roomservice4.thumb.jpg.0ecf683a2b5872379a33d52044e30fc7.jpgroomservice7.thumb.jpg.e6ef60c31640eef7d99bf017b24a9d7c.jpg

The Room Service food was very good, as almost always is the case on X. The service was on time and order perfect, but we felt sorry for the poor butler trying to fit everything on the little table and tom tom. We had to lean over a table that came to our knees to eat so it really wasn't enjoyable. A butler on another Edge cruise said that it was embarrassing for them and that they have been asking for bigger tables (they mentioned a coffee table). Our butler offered to bring a coffee table in if we planned to have Room Service often, but in the end didn't take it since we probably would have only had Room Service one time by that point. She did bring us a second small tray table, which we used as a coffee table for the rest of the cruise.

Anyway, we didn't starve and the breakfast in the OVC, Luminae, Eden and Le Grand Bistro were all excellent. We are booked on another Edge cruise and wondered about other guests' experiences with Room Service. Did anyone try it on the Infinite Veranda? Any updates on the Edge balcony furniture since they have had a lot of feedback about this? Thanks for any input!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

Definitely a normal table is the best as on other ships' sky suites. But our butler and I did improvise a table of sorts. He took the tray off the existing table and put it on the tomtom. I brought out the cube from the bathroom. A little awkward but it worked. Of course, the food was good. He was very apologetic about the whole table situation and (as has been reported elsewhere) mentioned tables would be forthcoming. He also chastised us for ordering by calling room service instead of calling him. We made that mistake only once.🙄IMG_8217.thumb.jpeg.7f87c83e187f912ab756c162f717f276.jpeg

We tried Room Service on Edge our first morning in an IV. The attendant put the tray on out “sofa”. We then tried to move it all out on the Veranda. It really was an uncomfortable meal. By the time we got it all set up the food had cooled off. The order was perfect, in fact we received extra orange juice. Did not try again. 

We really enjoy breakfast on our balcony, but leaning over trying to eat is not good for digestion. Here is a photo from Valentines Day last year on Eclipse while in port in Aruba. Much better set up. This was a back side of the hump balcony - our favorite cabin with the large balcony. 

96082740-C1D7-480C-A632-6AD2BC5BFBEF.thumb.jpeg.eac97e78753b681a72a0accdfe8dbe37.jpeg

Edited by RICCruisers

2 hours ago, TexSea said:

Definitely a normal table is the best as on other ships' sky suites. But our butler and I did improvise a table of sorts. He took the tray off the existing table and put it on the tomtom. I brought out the cube from the bathroom. A little awkward but it worked. Of course, the food was good. He was very apologetic about the whole table situation and (as has been reported elsewhere) mentioned tables would be forthcoming. He also chastised us for ordering by calling room service instead of calling him. We made that mistake only once.🙄IMG_8217.thumb.jpeg.7f87c83e187f912ab756c162f717f276.jpeg

Thanks, it sounds similar to our experience.

2 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

We tried Room Service on Edge our first morning in an IV. The attendant put the tray on out “sofa”. We then tried to move it all out on the Veranda. It really was an uncomfortable meal. By the time we got it all set up the food had cooled off. The order was perfect, in fact we received extra orange juice. Did not try again. 

We really enjoy breakfast on our balcony, but leaning over trying to eat is not good for digestion. Here is a photo from Valentines Day last year on Eclipse while in port in Aruba. Much better set up. This was a back side of the hump balcony - our favorite cabin with the large balcony. 

96082740-C1D7-480C-A632-6AD2BC5BFBEF.thumb.jpeg.eac97e78753b681a72a0accdfe8dbe37.jpeg

That looks more like it should be! The heart is a nice touch. 🙂

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We normally order room service a time or 2 but when we from there was a lack of even a marginally suitable table we didn't bother.  I'm sure many others didn't bother either.

Unfortunately, you are probably right.

I think what needs to happen is that everyone order room service, mainly those of us in an IV, let them bring the food and place it where they 'see fit', take a photo and send it to corporate with the question '... is this where it is recommended how we eat when ordering room service'???

After a few hundred photos and questions, something would get changed, I Am sure...

bon appetite and bon voyage

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I think what needs to happen is that everyone order room service, mainly those of us in an IV, let them bring the food and place it where they 'see fit', take a photo and send it to corporate with the question '... is this where it is recommended how we eat when ordering room service'???

After a few hundred photos and questions, something would get changed, I Am sure...

bon appetite and bon voyage

It's one of the reasons I started this thread. I wanted to see what they are doing for room service now and also was thinking that seeing pictures of what we are used to from X and the reality of the Edge room service might help them see the light. 🙂

• 4 months later...

We were just on the revolutionized Summit in AQ- not good for room service.

The cocktail tables have been removed from the cabin and the balcony has a small low table (suitable to hold 2 glasses) and 2 chair, no footstools.  

So ship by ship it it seems that room service will fade away and maybe that’s the plan.