Carnival Gift Card/S&S Card Limit

Emeraldeyes5969

May 5th sailing on the Magic...counting every second until that day! Can someone tell me if there is a limit as to how many gift cards they allow you use towards your SS card. I purchased 5 so far and would like to purchase more.  Also, if we dont use all of the gift card funds applied to the SS card will we be able to get a "refund" or cash out what the credit is on the SS card?

Thanks!

Em

Some departure ports have a limit as to how many cards they will put on your OBC during check in only to keep check in process for others moving along.  but once on board you can have guest services add the rest or you can use the automated Kiosks through out the ship.  best time to use the kiosks is late evening, early morning and sometimes middle of the day.  its really easy to add gift cards to your S&S card at the kiosks.

Carnival gift cards can be used for pretty much anything Carnival sells onboard and online.  Deposits for booking a cruise, Payments on your cruise balance, fun shops onboard and online, shore excursions through the cruise ship, WiFi packages, Drink packages. I dont know much of anything you cant use them for.

• Like 1

My last cruise I had 4 500.00 gift cards and they would only allow me to apply three of them.  They had to get permission from home office to apply the 4th card which they did approve but I never had to put the 4th one on.  

Edited by winsmark

14 hours ago, coevan said:

you can do it from home as well

You can only apply gift cards to your S&S from home by purchasing Cruise Cash.  Not everyone is comfortable with the use-it or lose-it nature of Cruise Cash AND it is limited to $500 of each type for the entire cabin.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, coevan said:

We bought $1600 worth to pay for B2B Cheers, paid $1440. We applied them at home on the CCL website, easy peasy.

We did this too with $2400 on one cruise to pay for the cruise and paid $500 on another cruise to buy Cruise Cash to use on the Cruise for fun stuff.

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

You can only apply gift cards to your S&S from home by purchasing Cruise Cash.  Not everyone is comfortable with the use-it or lose-it nature of Cruise Cash AND it is limited to $500 of each type for the entire cabin.

never bought cruise cash, if you pre purchase Cheers you can apply your gift cards online to your S&S card, $1600

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

never bought cruise cash, if you pre purchase Cheers you can apply your gift cards online to your S&S card, $1600

You are not applying the gift cards to your S&S to pre-purchase Cheers.  You are making a purchase in the Fun Shops.  That has nothing to do with your S&S account.

2 hours ago, coevan said:

where does that charge from the gift shop settle? Silly semantical argument, bought Cheers on CCL, went to my cruise manager and applied my gift cards to somewhere

The S&S account is on on-board only financial vehicle.  When you purchased from the Fun Shops for your Cheers package prior to sailing, absolutely none of that hit your on-board account.  You may consider this to be semantics, but it is not.  It is a matter of pre-purchase with gift cards vs. loading gift card to your on-board account.  Talk about trying to confuse new cruisers!

Edited by Schoifmom

Sorry, coevan... once again you have interjected with your own perception and preferences touted as “fact”, which I found very confusing (and I’m pretty savvy).

Schoifmom did an excellent job of trying to clarify the confusion you brought to the discussion.  

Please be more considerate with your secular and individualized responses, contemplating the actual question before machine-gunning inappropriate answers.  

Edited by KevInPitt
  • Thanks 1