Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering. I am a Latitudes member with NCL. Have been on NCL twice before. Have cruised 5 times before with other lines. Over 55 Years of age. I just booked a cruise on NCL Escape with my wife. Booked there so called sail away Balcony. They did not offer me any On Board Credit, Drink Packages, Wi-Fi, Specialty Dining, Excursions. or anything. The price of the cruise was with taxes and fees 2500+. I even prepaid the gratuities which were another $200+. Why didn't they give me any discounts or bonuses? The girl on the phone said I would have to upgrade my Balcony to something higher to get the extras for free. I don't get it. I have cruised just last November and had $100 onboard credit and Open Bar package included at no extra charge. Is there anything I can do to get something after spending that much already? Cabins in a lower class get all five offers for free. Someone help me please....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The sail away balcony rooms are a much lower price than other cabins and you don't get the perks you get when you book other rooms.  It states this when choosing rooms:  This is what it says:  

Sail Away Balcony

As our lowest available rate for this category, a Sail Away Balcony stateroom guarantees you’ll receive a Balcony stateroom or better! Please note that the view from your balcony may be fully obstructed or partially obstructed. Your stateroom may be on any deck and assigned up to one day prior to embarkation.

Promotional rates and offers are excluded on this category (BX).