Purchased FTTF, now what?

Cruisegoer

11 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

I find it entertaining that the OP is accusing others of being snarky. You were pretty rude yourself with your response to jaowel.  

Thank you! I kind of thought that too, but oh well. It won't stop me from helping others if I can.

I hope you have a good cruise, Cruisegoer.

18 hours ago, Bernardo62 said:

This is ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will always touch a nerve.... Being rude is cussing someone out. No question is stupid.... it is the lack of common sense or as someone said laziness to do it yourself.

I always find a lost person..... I sit and people watch and LOL. You can find all kinds!!!!

3 out of 10 people will want the answer now and not do their own research to find more than a little.... or the RIGHT answer!!

Isn't coming on here and asking the question called doing their own research?  Isn't this board what it's all about?  

As an example, there is a posting on here today asking if it's allowable to bring rubbing alcohol on board.  Do a search on Carnival's site for rubbing alcohol and all you find is liquor alcohol rules.  They asked on here and people that have cruised and taken it on board have replied and answered their question.  I don't know why people come on here and condemn people for asking questions.  

Any time I have ever "googled" or "searched" on here, you can find twenty different answers to the questions you asked.  Then you have to figure out which one is the right answer.  Come on here and ask a specific question and more than likely, you will get the right answer first and several people will chime in saying that it is true.  That to me is doing research.  Asking people that have already been there, done that.

7 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Isn't coming on here and asking the question called doing their own research?  Isn't this board what it's all about?  

As an example, there is a posting on here today asking if it's allowable to bring rubbing alcohol on board.  Do a search on Carnival's site for rubbing alcohol and all you find is liquor alcohol rules.  They asked on here and people that have cruised and taken it on board have replied and answered their question.  I don't know why people come on here and condemn people for asking questions.  

Any time I have ever "googled" or "searched" on here, you can find twenty different answers to the questions you asked.  Then you have to figure out which one is the right answer.  Come on here and ask a specific question and more than likely, you will get the right answer first and several people will chime in saying that it is true.  That to me is doing research.  Asking people that have already been there, done that.

Great point..... using rubbing alcohol is an HONEST question. But when you ask should I bring red shoes or green shoes is not a LEGIT question.

We have to use some common sense in the questions are asked.

Cove or regular balcony.... Really any cruise ship give you enough information and how much difference in price is. They know their budget.

I can go on about insane question are asked. It is more less to hold some hand or tell them a bed time story.

But I use this as ENTERTAINMENT and can't help myself to the weird questions.

I really like to read the want to be millionaires and how many cruises they been on, then say Carnival is the Wal-mart of cruises and they still book with Carnival.

If anyone that knows any question would be a CARNIVAL employee not social board.    

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, Cruisegoer said:

Without a document saying I was FTTF what good would finding the line have been if I couldn't prove I had purchased it to get in it???

Having said that I did not see any messages telling me to Re-Print my cruise documents, a very kind 1st Respond'r provided that information.....your snarky comment provided nothing.

You have made my day with this...… A great belly laugh 

Snarky comment.....  WOW ….. Coming from you that is a compliment!!!!

2 hours ago, Bernardo62 said:

Great point..... using rubbing alcohol is an HONEST question. But when you ask should I bring red shoes or green shoes is not a LEGIT question.

We have to use some common sense in the questions are asked.

Cove or regular balcony.... Really any cruise ship give you enough information and how much difference in price is. They know their budget.

I can go on about insane question are asked. It is more less to hold some hand or tell them a bed time story.

But I use this as ENTERTAINMENT and can't help myself to the weird questions.

I really like to read the want to be millionaires and how many cruises they been on, then say Carnival is the Wal-mart of cruises and they still book with Carnival.

If anyone that knows any question would be a CARNIVAL employee not social board.    

Legit is in the eye of the person asking the question.  You can call Carnival six times asking the same question verbatim and get six different answers because most of the people answering the phone other than PVPs have probably never seen the  inside of a ship let alone cruise on one. 

You can call it entertainment but most people call in informative. 

On 2/20/2019 at 2:44 PM, jaowel said:

Thank you! I kind of thought that too, but oh well. It won't stop me from helping others if I can.

I hope you have a good cruise, Cruisegoer.

Sorry you don’t see the difference between my responding that your information wasn’t helpful in comparison to Bernards comments. I truly don’t think my response to you was snarky.

7 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Sorry you don’t see the difference between my responding that your information wasn’t helpful in comparison to Bernards comments. I truly don’t think my response to you was snarky.

I guess I was raised to say “Thank you” when someone gives advice when asked. Especially on a site like this. No worries though. Now future cruisers will know that it is on your boarding passes and tags after reprinting (Thank you, Bernard) and they will also know that it is on your S&S card for use on the ship (i.e. priority tendering, customer service line, debarkation, etc.) I mean, who wants to carry around their boarding pass to prove they’ve purchased it while on board 🤷‍♀️

Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Legit is in the eye of the person asking the question.  You can call Carnival six times asking the same question verbatim and get six different answers because most of the people answering the phone other than PVPs have probably never seen the  inside of a ship let alone cruise on one. 

You can call it entertainment but most people call in informative. 

that is your opinion (in red) but you don't work for Carnival so why make up things!!!

Everyone has their opinion.... yes entertainment as I see it. And funny!!!  

This has been a blast...… I tend to offer help to people that are handicap. 

This board has many questions, so many it is just wild of the lack of...….. Well as I said before ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this OP just didn't want to do the research but maybe her cruise is next week and was in a rush on a need to know.

Anyway she found her answer and it was fun with you all.

I know I will have fun people watching on my cruise!!!!

On 2/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, Bernardo62 said:

This is ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will always touch a nerve.... Being rude is cussing someone out. No question is stupid.... it is the lack of common sense or as someone said laziness to do it yourself.

I always find a lost person..... I sit and people watch and LOL. You can find all kinds!!!!

3 out of 10 people will want the answer now and not do their own research to find more than a little.... or the RIGHT answer!!

....then what is your purpose for comments on this board other than soliciting crude remarks? It's obvious you "know it all", so......

• Haha 1

LMAO..... I was just reading just to see if I was a dummy!!!! Look what was in the FTTF area......

Things to Remember
  • The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom, so only one guest needs to purchase and all occupants receive the benefits. 
  • For guests sailing on multiple cruises back to back, FTTF must be purchased for each cruise in order to benefit from the program.
  • FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; ala carte services cannot be purchased on board. 
  • All FTTF guests must check-in online and select an Arrival Appointment.    
  • Guests who completed their Online Check-in prior to purchasing the FTTF package, will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the FTTF stamp reflects on the documents.                                                                       

On 2/19/2019 at 8:41 AM, Cruisegoer said:

Kind of not important to me since the entire reason I purchased it was to skip the wait at Check-in.

You probably wasted your money if this was the only reason you purchased FTTF. Since Carnival implemented staggered check-in times, I have never seen anything close to a long line in the current time window line. 

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You probably wasted your money if this was the only reason you purchased FTTF. Since Carnival implemented staggered check-in times, I have never seen anything close to a long line in the current time window line. 

Thanks for your opinion but you really don’t know my circumstances do you? We’re staying in a local hotel the night prior and the shuttle service will have us to the port by 10AM and the earliest check in time I could take was noon. I also am recovering from a broken ankle (10 weeks post Op today) and while I’m improving standing in line/waiting around for 2 hours was not something I had any desire to do at the beginning of my vacation. 

15 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Thanks for your opinion but you really don’t know my circumstances do you? We’re staying in a local hotel the night prior and the shuttle service will have us to the port by 10AM and the earliest check in time I could take was noon. I also am recovering from a broken ankle (10 weeks post Op today) and while I’m improving standing in line/waiting around for 2 hours was not something I had any desire to do at the beginning of my vacation. 

If I were you I would use Uber/Lyft and show up around 11 AM.  For whatever reason a lot of people with priority show up early to the port, which can result in long lines in the priority line. As Platinums my wife and I have waited up to 45 minutes in line on a cruise on Magic, which is why we no longer arrive too early at the port. We live in Florida and always drive to ports, so we have flexibility in that area. Good luck on your recovery!