25 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Here are a few of the changes:

Increase in gratuities

Smoking policy changed

TV channels changed considerably

Bar service gratuities increased from 15 to 18%

Room service now charges for all room service after 10 pm

WiFi charges increased

What changed with smoking? Just no smoking on balconies? 

Horrible main dining room service.  My food was served cold most nights and dishes were not cleared prior to the next course.  We had late seating and there were empty tables around us every night.

Yes, they increased the drink gratuities from 15% to 18%, and they've cut back on wait staff, so you have to go get your drinks yourself.  Our MDR waiter was the only person we saw on the pool deck trying to serve drinks to people during a few afternoons.  They've cut that much staff and it's very sad that you have to get whatever you want yourself.

Our cabin was never vacuumed in the 14 days aboard.

Dishes sat around tables on Lido for hours without being picked up.

All of the corner cutting is too much for us at this point.  We've decided not to cruise on Carnival again until we hear that service has improved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, a1m1y9 said:

The steward services are different now.  When your room steward greets you in your room, they will ask if you want morning or afternoon turn down service.  

While the room stewards are "hoping" you will pick only one or the other, you can still request your room to be serviced twice a day as it has been done in the past.  

I'm not sure if it's the same in the US, but on my last Carnival cruise back in December here in Australia sailing out of Sydney aboard Legend, the check-in process has changed slightly.  Rather than creating/printing your Sail and Sign card during the port check-in, they print a temporary paper Sail and Sign card.  It allows you still buy drinks and so on after you've boarded but it doesn't have a swipe strip.  It's essentially a bit of paper.  You'll find your proper Sail and Sign card in the gold letterbox outside your cabin once you're able to enter the room corridors.

This process changed sometime last year as we were on Spirit in early 2018 and it was still the old system where you get issued your Sail and Sign card during the check-in process.  On our December cruise, we went through the new process.InkedDSC_1267_LI.thumb.jpg.3ce898e74320ffec47fb8cbdaefddcd1.jpg

12 hours ago, Taters said:

Horrible main dining room service.  My food was served cold most nights and dishes were not cleared prior to the next course.  We had late seating and there were empty tables around us every night.

Yes, they increased the drink gratuities from 15% to 18%, and they've cut back on wait staff, so you have to go get your drinks yourself.  Our MDR waiter was the only person we saw on the pool deck trying to serve drinks to people during a few afternoons.  They've cut that much staff and it's very sad that you have to get whatever you want yourself.

Our cabin was never vacuumed in the 14 days aboard.

Dishes sat around tables on Lido for hours without being picked up.

All of the corner cutting is too much for us at this point.  We've decided not to cruise on Carnival again until we hear that service has improved.

And I have never had an experienced such as this. Never have I had dishes sitting when another course is served. Food is hot and service top notch. I don't fetch my own drinks and my cabin is kept clean.  

But what does empty tables have to do with anything?