Grand Cayman - Time Question

Bet_The_Field

Hello!

Planning our private excursion in Grand Cayman.  They said I should ask if our ship is on 

Standard Time?  For example if MSC website says the ship will tender at 8:00am, is that Standard Time?

Or will we need to adjust?  I hope that makes sense.  I"m confusing myself - maybe overthinking things?

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Bet_The_Field said:

Hello!

Planning our private excursion in Grand Cayman.  They said I should ask if our ship is on 

Standard Time?  For example if MSC website says the ship will tender at 8:00am, is that Standard Time?

Or will we need to adjust?  I hope that makes sense.  I"m confusing myself - maybe overthinking things?

Thanks! 

Grand Cayman is always on Eastern Standard Time... So, right now, until whenever the USA changes, Florida and Cayman are the same time 

Once the USA goes to Daylight Savings in March, Cayman will be one hour behind Florida time.  And likely the ship will change times to match island time, as all the stops on that route are the same.. Cozumel, Jamaica, etc. None observe Daylight Savings, all stay on Eastern Standard Time year round. 

Hope that helps..

On all my sailings MSC has kept ship time the same as the port's time, changing the ship time as necessary.  They will inform you of any ship time changes.  So if the itinerary/daily says you arrive at 8am it will be 8am at the port.  Remember Grand Cayman is a tender port so figure some extra time to get there from the ship.