Best Specialty Dining on Allure / Coastal Kitchen

ryzmom

For those recently on the Allure, I have a few questions for you. 

We will be on Allure in April and was wondering which Specialty Dining was your favorite recently of these:  Chops, Giovanni's Table, Izumi Hibachi or 150 Central Park?

Also, on what day does Coastal Kitchen serve Filet Mignon for Dinner?  Was it day 1 or day 4?

Any other info on what times would be best for the shows would be helpful?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Did sister ship oasis filet was day 1 in ck, really enjoyed 150cp and hibachi, chops was also good.

Thanks George!  I have had a few people tell that they have changed it from Day 1 to Day 4.

We love the filet in Chops!!  

Not having access to Coastal Kitchen, this is my rating of the specialty restaurants on Allure based on my cruises.  Number 1 is Hibachi as it is just a fun place and the filet is wonderful, but I also enjoy the scallops and lobster.

Number 2 is Giovanni's.  They have the best filet on the ship.  I love the pasta options except for the Carbonara as I didn't like the egg on top.  I am used to having the egg mixed in with the pasta and I don't like eggs on top of anything other than a breakfast sandwich.

My third is Chops.  The filet is good, but the Rib eye is great.  I think the tator tots were great, and I never eat them at home.  I was a bit disappointed on Harmony in January as they made their own from mashed potatoes with cheese, and they weren't great.  The mushroom soup in Chops is one of my favs as is the Branzino,

Next on my list is Samba.  I love the au gratin potatoes and sides.  Salads are ok but nothing to write home about.  I am a meat lover, so I choose what is best for me based on my experiences there.  I love the London broil, the sausage and some kind of sirloin.  I am not a fan of the chicken wrapped in bacon or the filet there. I haven't tried the lamb or pork either.  The pineapple for dessert is great, but it is not served unless one asks for it.

Now to my "Not for me again" restaurants.  150 Central Park was totally disappointing to me.  I had lobster thermidor and it was the mini lobster tail served in the dining room on lobster night and was very dry.  I have had thermidor at other restaurants and it was great, but not on Royal Caribbean.  The beet salad though was absolutely wonderful.

Sabor is ok for lunch, but for a dinner with a package seems to me to be a waste of money.  I think the guac is great as are the chips.  Salsa is ok, not much flavor.  The chicken tortilla soup is decent.  Tacos were a real downer to me.  I am not crazy about stewed chicken and that was what was used and the tortillas were thick flour tortillas, but only about 3" round.  I've tried it a couple of times on different Oasis class ships, but it was no better.

I haven't been to Wonderland and that was for 2 reasons.  I have mostly cruised lately on Allure where it isn't available  and when on Harmony, the menu posted on various sites seemed to be things I/we wouldn't enjoy. 

So, I have told you all about my feelings on the restaurants and I know when  we go on Allure again in June, we will go to all our favs as we have the UDP for this cruise.  I'm sure other will disagree with me, and that's great as food is subjective and we all like different things, so choices are important.

• Like 1

We really enjoyed Giovanni's last November. Filet was on day 4 that cruise and it was excellent. The atmosphere in Coastal Kitchen left something to be desired on that cruise. It was very noisy and not a pleasant relaxing dinner, on more than one night. The last time we were on Allure it was wonderful. Maybe just a different crowd.

• Like 1