Suggestion for my Parents who are on the Glory?

jenanderic

My parents are on the Glory Journey's cruise right now, and they received a $25 bar credit from Costco Travel agency. However, Carnival won't accept it because it's not in their system. My mom has the receipt stating a credit was given, but they won't honor it. She is asking me for help, so now I'm asking you! 

3 minutes ago, jenanderic said:

My parents are on the Glory Journey's cruise right now, and they received a $25 bar credit from Costco Travel agency. However, Carnival won't accept it because it's not in their system. My mom has the receipt stating a credit was given, but they won't honor it. She is asking me for help, so now I'm asking you! 

I'm assuming they already went to guest services and went up the management ladder? Are you in a position to call the TA on behalf to inquire? Maybe that can provide additional or they can contact corporate?

I just have to throw this out there because I have been screwed over by travel agents that promised OBC, items in the room, etc., and then when I get on board, they never did it. Did the TA actually do it or do they just have a letter/email saying that is what they would get. 

We've had similar situations using BJs Travel.  You may have to hound the contact at Costco, but they should be able to make this work for your parents.  If they don't, I would have them get something from Carnival saying they did not receive anything from them, so your folks can get a gift card from Costco once they return.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, ElCrappyTan said:

I just have to throw this out there because I have been screwed over by travel agents that promised OBC, items in the room, etc., and then when I get on board, they never did it. Did the TA actually do it or do they just have a letter/email saying that is what they would get. 

Right - we went through this the 1 (and last) time we booked through Expedia...the only reason we did so, was the good OBC. They never sent the info to the cruiseline, we wasted time checking on it daily. The GS desk said that we were one of several in the same situation. After we got home, I contacted the travel site and and they credited our credit card for the amount. The person i spoke with was well aware of the how to credit us afterwards. I got the feeling this was their standard process... 😠

8 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Here's Carnival GLORY

approaching Bridgetown Port BARBADOS

just this morning - a few hours ago!

DSCN7812.JPG

Glory-809.jpg

Glory-869.jpg

Nice pictures, have no idea what this has to do with his bar credit. The itinerary is very nice too.

20 hours ago, coevan said:

Nice pictures, have no idea what this has to do with his bar credit. The itinerary is very nice too.

I'm sure he may have posted in case the OP wanted to pass them along to their parents since it's something they might appreciate since they are on this cruise and that was them sailing into Barbados.  We also have friends on this cruise who I will be messaging the link to this thread in case they want to see them.  Our friends who are on this same Glory Journey's cruise did that for us a few years ago by sending us some screen shots of our ship as we were docking in Cozumel and I really appreciate having them.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

We had a Costco credit once several years ago. Expected it on the cruise, but nothing was there. Called when we got back and found out it was an actual Costco credit for use in the store, after we completed the cruise. Not sure if they still do this.