Smoking on the millenium

macaroni

4 minutes ago, Texed said:

Agreed!

The only  major cruise line ship that was non smoking was Carnival Paradise. It was in the late 90s and they even would not allow smoking during construction. The crew was also non smoking. Loads of threads on most boards about it. It only lasted a few years.

There was a also a rumor that they banned waffles on board but that was never confirmed.😀😎

• Like 1

Bigbenboys is confused.  Millie was not the non-smoking ship.  Celebrity has never had a completely smoke free ship.

you might be thinking of the Carnival Paradise, which was smoke free for a time.

Edited by cruisestitch

2 hours ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

Smokers have rights too!

Don't count on it.  

Our city, Sunnyvale, CA,  passed an ordinance that smoking is prohibited in your own home if it is attached to another structure -   Townhouses, Apartments, Condo's, Duplex's etc.   Not only can you not smoke in your home but unless the property specifically allocates a place 50 feet from a structure you can't smoke on the property either. 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, macaroni said:

Where is there outdoor smoking allowed in this ship? Want to avoid a cabin near it so I won’t smell smoke when on our balcony.... thanks!

There are designed smoking areas on ships.  We never have had a problem on a 7 day  cruise.  However, been on  2 and 4 day cruises.  People were smoking on balconies and walking around smoking.  There is a different crowd on the short cruises.  

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't count on it.  

Our city, Sunnyvale, CA,  passed an ordinance that smoking is prohibited in your own home if it is attached to another structure -   Townhouses, Apartments, Condo's, Duplex's etc.   Not only can you not smoke in your home but unless the property specifically allocates a place 50 feet from a structure you can't smoke on the property either. 

I dont smoke any more and have been using e-cigarettes for the last 2 years, but if someone tells me that I cannot smoke in my own home that I own and is not a lease or rental I can promise you I would start smoking again.

Just curious, what is the fine for someone who breaks this ordinance?

• Like 1

Cudos- cowboy1978 - I would do the same- even as a nonsmoker- I would start - just to cause a riot! Please- in your own home... ! What happend to land freedom and " where at least i know I am free"!

As I said before- those complaining the loudest are those who smoked in their cars - windows closed, kids unbucled in the backseats....! And even then- in the 70s it was known that smoking causes all sorts of illness- if overdone. My grandpa smoked his whole live- but not really very much and died at the ripe old age of 97. That´s the exeption to the rule- as I very well know...!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, SFLcowboy78 said:

I dont smoke any more and have been using e-cigarettes for the last 2 years, but if someone tells me that I cannot smoke in my own home that I own and is not a lease or rental I can promise you I would start smoking again.

Just curious, what is the fine for someone who breaks this ordinance?

BTW the ordinance also prohibits the smoking of e-cigarettes and Marijuana.   Penalties not less than $250 and each instance of smoking is considered a separate violation.

As President of our HOA I was contacted by Public Safety about a violation in our community and was asked to handle the violation.   I told them screw that  -  You passed the law you enforce it.

https://sunnyvale.ca.gov/news/displaynews.htm?NewsID=347&TargetID=1

9.28.090. Penalties.

(a)    Each instance of smoking or tobacco product use in violation of this chapter shall constitute a separate violation. For violations other than for smoking, each day of a continuing violation of this chapter shall constitute a separate violation.

(b)    Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of an infraction punishable as set forth in Chapter 1.04 of this code. Subsequent violations within a twelve-month period may, in the discretion of the city attorney, be prosecuted as infractions or misdemeanors when the interests of justice so require.

(c)    Violations of this article may be subject to a civil action brought by the city, punishable by a fine of not less than two hundred fifty dollars and not exceeding one thousand dollars per violation.

(d)    The remedies provided by this chapter are cumulative and not exclusive, and shall be in addition to any and all other remedies available to the city. (Ord. 3087-16 § 9; Ord. 3072-16 § 1).

is there a smoking area on Millenium the same as on the solstice class, ie is it on deck 5 port just outside of Sushi on 5, or is it somewhere else?    Like OP,  my friend needs to avoid booking a balcony directly above a smoking area, but the only balcony available for the itinerary she is looking at is on deck 7,  just above sushi on 5.