Transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami

aaalynn1

Just use an Uber. It will take WAY too long to be worth saving $25 

An Uber from FLL to Port Miami will be around $35 or so. 

Trirail would mean taking the shuttle, waiting for the train, taking it to the Miami Airport station, getting on metrorail, taking metrorail to metromover and then uber/taxi to the port. So likely around 2-hours instead of a 45-min drive. 

You are flying in the day of your cruise? 

Edited by Flymia
  • Like 1

The Tri-Rail train takes you to the MIA airport, leaving you a $27+ can ride or just under $20 for an Uber from POM.  You can use a shared shuttle for about $15 per person to POM, or use Uber for about $35+ for the car.

I need to travel the opposite way, from Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades to check in a hotel for the night before I join the ship the next day. I will be carrying two suitcases with me, and there is no point taking the Tri-Rail only to save around $20. It is less hustle, I will have a long flight and I would probably just want to get to my hotel. I decided to take an Uber or Lyft.

14 hours ago, Kate P.C said:

I need to travel the opposite way, from Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades to check in a hotel for the night before I join the ship the next day. I will be carrying two suitcases with me, and there is no point taking the Tri-Rail only to save around $20. It is less hustle, I will have a long flight and I would probably just want to get to my hotel. I decided to take an Uber or Lyft.

Smart move! Depending upon where your hotel is located, the Uber or Lyft fare should be about $35-40

SAS, QLS, and other popular shuttles do not service the MIA airport. :classic_sad:

You can check with Supershuttle, but I suspect Uber will be a better deal for both price and schedule.

2 hours ago, DebOinKC said:

I wouldn't even mess with Uber. SAS transportation was on $15 per person. It worked fine for us.

4 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

SAS, QLS, and other popular shuttles do not service the MIA airport. :classic_sad:

You can check with Supershuttle, but I suspect Uber will be a better deal for both price and schedule.

PortMiami.

On 2/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Kate P.C said:

Kate was asking about travel from MIA to an  FLL area hotel.

32 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Kate was asking about travel from MIA to an  FLL area hotel.

Yes, thank you. I need to get to FLL from Miami Airport, and I thought Uber would be the best choice. So it is Uber then.

Thank you all for your help. 🙂

18 hours ago, DebOinKC said:

I wouldn't even mess with Uber. SAS transportation was on $15 per person. It worked fine for us.

1-2 people makes sense. Once you get to the third person an Uber is cheaper. Also when you on a 2nd person, you are talking about $5-10 of savings where the shuttle can sometimes take twice as long. 

Edited by Flymia
  • Like 1

Before my answer to you would’ve been Uber…However, in 2017 when I flew into FLL I requested an Uber to our hotel in Miami. He was super nice on the way down. Talkative, telling us about his family, offered us a water which we drank and put the empty bottle in our personal bags. My mother and I took a selfie while inside of his vehicle in the backseat. Once he dropped us off I received an email confirming the drop off and it had a different address than our hotel. I didn’t think anything about it because he did such an awesome job. I mean such an awesome job that we gave him a very good cash tip. Not long after that I received another email stating I was being charged a cleaning fee of $200….I’m telling you this is not how you want to start a vacation. They sent a picture of what the driver sent in and the picture was not even the inside of his vehicle. Thank God my mom and I took that picture!! After going back and forth with Uber via the app (bc there’s no phone number) and also blasting them on FB and having all of my friends do the same, they agreed to return the $200. Since then I’ve not rode with Uber again. A few months after my return, I seen an article from the Miami news that stated more people was done this exact same way. I work hard for my money as I’m sure everyone here does. It kinda just put a nasty taste in my mouth.

I said from that day forward I would not take another Uber, especially in FLL/Miami. This year we are flying into FLL again, staying at the same hotel, and I’m on the search for another way of transportation.

This is just my story and experience. I think I would rather have a piece of mind and pay a little extra than go through that again.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Wow!  Never had that kind of experience in 100's of Uber and Lift trips.  Glad to hear they eventually refunded your $$ 

Tell me about it. Neither have I. Talking about a bad way to start vacation. Lol. I am also happy that I got my money back! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Tminish said:

Before my answer to you would’ve been Uber…However, in 2017 when I flew into FLL I requested an Uber to our hotel in Miami. He was super nice on the way down. Talkative, telling us about his family, offered us a water which we drank and put the empty bottle in our personal bags. My mother and I took a selfie while inside of his vehicle in the backseat. Once he dropped us off I received an email confirming the drop off and it had a different address than our hotel. I didn’t think anything about it because he did such an awesome job. I mean such an awesome job that we gave him a very good cash tip. Not long after that I received another email stating I was being charged a cleaning fee of $200….I’m telling you this is not how you want to start a vacation. They sent a picture of what the driver sent in and the picture was not even the inside of his vehicle. Thank God my mom and I took that picture!! After going back and forth with Uber via the app (bc there’s no phone number) and also blasting them on FB and having all of my friends do the same, they agreed to return the $200. Since then I’ve not rode with Uber again. A few months after my return, I seen an article from the Miami news that stated more people was done this exact same way. I work hard for my money as I’m sure everyone here does. It kinda just put a nasty taste in my mouth.

I said from that day forward I would not take another Uber, especially in FLL/Miami. This year we are flying into FLL again, staying at the same hotel, and I’m on the search for another way of transportation.

This is just my story and experience. I think I would rather have a piece of mind and pay a little extra than go through that again.  

Ok, now I am worried. I need a ride from Miami to FLL, and coz it's late at night and I would be with luggage, I thought Uber would be easy and safe. I am always cautious where I put my credit card details, and now I actually have to! Everything else would be to expensive for my ride to FLL. And the train will be too much in an unfamiliar area, late at night, 2 suitcases... 😞

3 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Take an Uber, lol. You'll be fine. Even the horror story above was a GREAT ride and a bogus cleaning charge that Uber refunded. If THAT is as bad as it gets.... Goodness, take Uber! 

Ok,Ok, I am convinced. :classic_biggrin: I  have never taken an Uber ride, so I am curious as to what other people's experience is. Thank you all so much!

7 minutes ago, Kate P.C said:

Ok,Ok, I am convinced. :classic_biggrin: I  have never taken an Uber ride, so I am curious as to what other people's experience is. Thank you all so much!

I mean, it's a credit card. If the charge isn't legit you dispute it. I've taken hundreds of ubers and lyfts and no issues.  Of course something stupid could happen, but very unlikely.  There is a reason we all highly suggest it! Don't worry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tminish said:

We used Uber for the first time in October of last year from Miami to FLL airport. A couple of weeks after we're back home I got some emailed receipts for using Uber is San Francisco...I'm in Missouri. Our Uber account had been hacked. We did eventually get our money credited back to my card but it was a headache to deal with. So needless to say, we won't use Uber again.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DebOinKC said:

We used Uber for the first time in October of last year from Miami to FLL airport. A couple of weeks after we're back home I got some emailed receipts for using Uber is San Francisco...I'm in Missouri. Our Uber account had been hacked. We did eventually get our money credited back to my card but it was a headache to deal with. So needless to say, we won't use Uber again.

Your loss.