Selecting Guaranteed Room

Fishkillbill

I booked a cruise on the Summit three days ago. The June 5, 2019, 11 day cruise to New England and Bermuda.  I test booked a Veranda room. The cost was $5,025.86. That cost included free Wifi and Classic beverage package. I wound up booking a Concierge room with Celebrity picking the room. Within one day, I saw that Celebrity gave us room 8148. Now, we won't get free wifi or free drinks, (which we would hardly be using), for a cost of $3,625.86.

• Like 1

So your “savings” is $1400. You gave up some perks that didn’t add up for you, the wifi and drinks were never really “free” anyway. Now you see their cost.

You should be able to move to any other available cabin in the same category if you are interested by the way.

Edited by justcrusn

30 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

So your “savings” is $1400. You gave up some perks that didn’t add up for you, the wifi and drinks were never really “free” anyway. Now you see their cost.

You should be able to move to any other available cabin in the same category if you are interested by the way.

I didn't know I could change rooms. I've always picked rooms on the left side. I'm hoping the bed faces forward, like the rooms on the left, in case I can't change. I do like being near the rear elevators though. 

1 minute ago, Fishkillbill said:

Funny, some people think rooms near the elevator could be noisy. Like in a hotel.

We have found them to be fine as far as noise, ALSO, anywhere you go on a cruise ship uses an elevator so its very convenient to be close.

2 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

Funny, some people think rooms near the elevator could be noisy. Like in a hotel.

You can always change rooms within the category.  Whenever they offer a GTY I book it and always get an upgrade. Once paid for a 2D and was assigned a 1A on the hump deck 8. Huge angled balcony. Right by elevators and never heard a peep.

1 hour ago, justcrusn said:

The beds should alternate between by the bath or by the balcony, if you look at the top of Celebrity topics there is a “sticky” with a spreadsheet of cabins.

Alternating bed position is a convention on Solstice-Class ships...  The Original Poster is sailing on Summit, one of the four Millennium-Class ships...

On Millennium-Class the balcony slider is flanked on opposite sides by the desk and sofa, the bath and closets flank the cabin entry area on opposite sides, and the bed is positioned--on one wall or the other--mid stateroom...  

Edited by Xport

11 minutes ago, Xport said:

Alternating bed position is a convention on Solstice-Class ships...  The Original Poster is sailing on Summit, one of the four Millennium-Class ships...

On Millennium-Class the balcony slider is flanked on opposite sides by the desk and sofa, the bath and closets flank the cabin entry area on opposite sides, and the bed is positioned--on one wall or the other--mid stateroom...  

Oops my bad, we’ve only sailed one M class ship the Constellation but loved it.