Edge Eden - Eve?

poffles

So I think I am confused about the Eden venue.  Is this an open area during the day for anyone to venture in and sit and does it then turn into something else in the evening (closed off) that you have to pay to enter as a dinner?  Eve?  It looks like a beautiful space and I am unclear how it is utilized overall throughout the day and night.  I've seen videos of entertainers but that doesn't make it clear 'access' to the venue.

Thanks to all, hopefully someone who's sailed can enlighten me.  I will find out next month but that seems so far away right now 🙂

p - No one has ever reported, in their reviews here, that there was a fee to enter Eden. The only charges for Eden would be for Dinner and cocktails. Neither is a fee, for entry, mentioned on X's website either.

Not sure how you came to think there is a fee for this venue.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

27 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

p - No one has ever reported, in their reviews here, that there was a fee to enter Eden. The only charges for Eden would be for Dinner and cocktails. Neither is a fee, for entry, mentioned on X's website either.

Not sure how you came to think there is a fee for this venue.

bon voyage

I am trying to clarify/distinguish what they identify as Eve restaurant vs Eden area.  Not exactly saying there is a fee to enter the general area but asking for clarification between Eve vs Eden and if one blurrs into the other.  And pretty sure there is a fee for Eve .. maybe this is just a small portion that is not part of Eden.

Thank you to anyone who has already sailed.

Edited to add:  I looked at deck plans again and I now see that deck 4 is the restaurant.  I didn't realize it spanned 3 floors.  Totally get it now ... THANKS!

Edited by poffles

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It is a three-deck space, with only part of the lowest one reserved for diners at night.  There is no fee for entering Eden.

Thank you ...my question must sound different than I intended.  I didn't think you paid just to enter, more that there is a dinner there and wondered if that took over the entire venue.

Thanks gain.

During the day, it is open for all sorts of activities (arts and crafts, trivia, table maze), music or just reading, chatting, relaxing in many nooks and crannies. There is a wonderful bar there and a cafe with excellent complimentary food with some tables inside and out.

I was there from about 4-6:30 one day and found that at 6 PM, the lights were changed to different colors, the air became misty, the sitar player performed and some of the Edenists circulated and interacted with people, if desired. It was a different mood, but we enjoyed it. The top two floors (and all the walkways, which also have seating) are open and I assume the lowest level starts dining service (we never used the dining level during the day anyway, except for a food tasting). People are welcome to stay on the upper levels and drink, listen to music and watch as the performers start to do some pop up performances.

The main show (with the supposed plot 😉) starts later and people can come and go, as they wish. The dining level can see much of the show as well. We ate there and had a difficult time seeing some of the show (because of our seating), but went upstairs after dinner and watched it for a little while. We did enjoy the food and the whole experience, including interacting with characters (they will back off, if not encouraged).

This is how it worked in January, though everything has been fluid on the Edge, with many changes in response to guest feedback.

Eden became one of my favorite spaces ever on any ship and one of the main reasons I rebooked the Edge and booked Apex. I loves the views, love the relaxing atmosphere most of the time and really enjoyed it as a music venue (best from deck 6 at the rails, IMO). I think it will have some tweaking by next year - hopefully they won't have the Edenist show every night (IMO, having other options some nights would be nice) and less incense for those who are sensitive to the smell. Also, maybe they will  do a better job with Apex with accessibility, as some have pointed out issues.

Lucky you to be on the Edge next month!

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks all!   

I totally get it now.  Not sure how I missed that the restaurant (Eve) was on a floor of it's own, totally makes sense now.  I think how they worded somewhere  'Eden transformed into Eve' was confusing to me.

👍