MSC Seashore

sidari

5 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Ughhhh....are there still only 2 Royal Suites?

It would be nice if those balcony dividers are incorrect, but one is obviously missing from only deck 16.  Sure looks like a more crowded Yacht Club with 50+% more YC cabins and what appears the same YC public area square footage.

26 minutes ago, Até said:

It would be nice if those balcony dividers are incorrect, but one is obviously missing from only deck 16.  Sure looks like a more crowded Yacht Club with 50+% more YC cabins and what appears the same YC public area square footage.

How dare you write and respond with the exact post that I was going to write after seeing the model!!!

I mean, they could move the division between Top 20 (!) 21 (?) !!!  (????)  and the YC towards the stern but somehow  I think that's not going to happen.

Still..... I'm happy that they increased the capacity and added lots of shady nooks and crannies...... 

Never mind.

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I mean, they could move the division between Top 20 (!) 21 (?) !!!  (????)  and the YC towards the stern but somehow  I think that's not going to happen.

Actually after looking at a side image I think that is what they plan.  It looks like the One Pool Deck 20 ends above the last YC cabins and in Dave's posted model picture you can see there is no hot tub above the hump where it is on Seaside for Top 19.  My bet is Seashore will have the Aurea sundeck remain on deck 19 a little further aft of where it is on Seaside.  But, I can't see any lengthening of the Top Sail Lounge or YC restaurant to accommodate all the extra YC cabins. 

Seashore is supposed to hold about 527 more people, it looks like a rather large percentage of those are going to be in YC.  My guess is they've added about 53 more YC cabins so at 3 people per cabin that could make 159 more people in YC.  I'm still trying to figure out where they're adding the other people/cabins as the aft and middle of the ship seem the same.  I guess it's hidden somewhere in the 16 meters extra length.

ETA:  Perhaps they are doing something special with those forward facing cabins on deck 19?

Seashore.JPG

Edited by Até

37 minutes ago, Até said:

Actually after looking at a side image I think that is what they plan.  It looks like the One Pool Deck 20 ends above the last YC cabins and in Dave's posted model picture you can see there is no hot tub above the hump where it is on Seaside for Top 19.  My bet is Seashore will have the Aurea sundeck remain on deck 19 a little further aft of where it is on Seaside.  But, I can't see any lengthening of the Top Sail Lounge or YC restaurant to accommodate all the extra YC cabins. 

Seashore is supposed to hold about 527 more people, it looks like a rather large percentage of those are going to be in YC.  My guess is they've added about 53 more YC cabins so at 3 people per cabin that could make 159 more people in YC.  I'm still trying to figure out where they're adding the other people/cabins as the aft and middle of the ship seem the same.  I guess it's hidden somewhere in the 16 meters extra length.

ETA:  Perhaps they are doing something special with those forward facing cabins on deck 19?

Seashore.JPG

I am extremely curious to see how this will all play out ... I firmly believe that the YC  is presently the best value in premium cruising today. But .... it won't take a lot to tip the balance, either with pricing and or dimunition of the overall product.

People talk about the YC being half the cost of the Haven but for many of the itineraries I've looked at, it isn't. It's frequently about 20% less which is not insignificant but again, if the product is somehow diminished .....

In fact, I am booked in 2020 on Regent Splendor which is priced at 20% over the YC ... again, not an insignificant amount as fares rise but when you look at what Regent provides,  there's no question on who I would sail on.

And most importantly,  thank you David for this thread and these pictures!!!

• 1 year later...

Dredging up an old thread to post some pictures I hadn't seen, yet

MSC-seashore.jpg

From the comments earlier, it looks like the Yacht Club pool deck has been extended back and has absorbed the Aurea Sun Deck to accommodate the new passengers.  There's now a glass divider next to the smokestack, and I am going to guess the area around the retractable roof is going to be the new Aurea Sun Deck, as it looks like a hot tub was added to each side in that area, with a bar under the overhang created by the YC extension.

Also looks like they've eliminated the dun deck where the Bridge of Sighs is, and have added a bar in its place.  I wonder if this implies that the buffet might have been moved up to that deck as well, which would explain the new glass enclosure. Also curious on what that new glass enclosure is on lower back.  If that's the new location of the buffet, first of all, great view, secondly, I wonder how much space will be accessible with the pool right overhead.

D9-Sic-XsAERg-h?format=jpg&name=900x900

BF ... The area below the Aft pool is a show lounge, the YC pool area has not taken over the Aurea area because there will be a Deck 20 where the YC pool is. The Aurea area still appears to be around the sliding roof of the pool, which will be two decks high unlike on Seaside and Seaview.

The buffet is on Deck 18 and the lower area at the back looks like outside seating for it, going to just one buffet is a backwards step in my opinion.

The Speciality Restaurants will be on Deck 8 where it seems there will be no outside seating or bar.

27 minutes ago, sidari said:

BF ... The area below the Aft pool is a show lounge, the YC pool area has not taken over the Aurea area because there will be a Deck 20 where the YC pool is. The Aurea area still appears to be around the sliding roof of the pool, which will be two decks high unlike on Seaside and Seaview.

The buffet is on Deck 18 and the lower area at the back looks like outside seating for it, going to just one buffet is a backwards step in my opinion.

The Speciality Restaurants will be on Deck 8 where it seems there will be no outside seating or bar.

Show lounge?  Interesting.  I guess something similar (though smaller) to what RCI has with the Quantum Class, then?

With the Aurea deck, maybe, but I guess this means the area around where the bar is now will be inside and not open air?  Then again with the new YC cabins on Deck 19, not sure there will be room for that Aurea area, at least as it was.  And I would guess its not going to be Deck 20, since that looks to all be YC, down to the additional cabanas.

Only Deck 20 will be YC forward.

Deck 19 will be the Aurea area around the sliding roof, the bar will likely be in the superstructure below deck 20 but in the same area as on Seaside and Seaview..

Edited by sidari
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Only Deck 20 will be YC forward.

Deck 19 will be the Aurea area around the sliding roof, the bar will likely be in the superstructure below deck 20 but in the same area as on Seaside and Seaview..

ok yeah that's what I was trying to say.

I'm interested to see what new features they plan to introduce for the YC pool deck.  When we were on the Seaside in Feb, it didn't really feel crowded at all, but the location of the hot tubs were awful when the ship was under sail.  And I'm curious on what they'll do in the Deck 20 space above the Aurea area, because just having a bunch of loungers and a cabana would seem like a waste, given that the current setup didn't seem that crowded, even in perfect sea days.