Self Laundry on Ship?

Jerryr11

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

MSC has the best laundry service of any cruiseline that I have been on at least they beat NCL, Carnival, Celebrity and Princess.  We bought the $50 package and the laundry came back spotless and pressed.  Will definitely be buying on our next cruise!

How much laundry can you have done for $50.00?  How are they with delicates?

27 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Good to hear.  We have some 12 and 14 day cruises coming up.  It is certainly cheaper to have the ship do laundry than to pay $60.00 roundtrip for an extra bag.  

Our last cruise was for 32 days and our next is 28 days, there is no way I could pack enough clothes.  It is well worth it at just over  a dollar an item!

We aren't there yet with that length of cruise.  14 days is our longest to date and we were ready to get off the ship at the end.  We are trying MSC in the hopes that we will enjoy it so much that we will want to stay longer.  

We are on Meravgilia now and just had our second batch of laundry done.

We purchased the 40 piece package before our cruise. Both times, our laundry came back in great condition. Shirts , pants etc on hangers and underwear , t shirts and socks folded.

One thing I did notice was the wording in package description. On line , it says laundry may be done throughout cruise, whenever items need cleaning.  

When we got to cabin, card on desk for laundry package states that all pieces  to be done at one time. When I saw this, I checked what I had print d out from our pre purchased package and wording was different. Also, pre purchase saves the on board 15% service charge.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 1:55 AM, phissy said:

We are on Meravgilia now and just had our second batch of laundry done.

We purchased the 40 piece package before our cruise. Both times, our laundry came back in great condition. Shirts , pants etc on hangers and underwear , t shirts and socks folded.

One thing I did notice was the wording in package description. On line , it says laundry may be done throughout cruise, whenever items need cleaning.  

When we got to cabin, card on desk for laundry package states that all pieces  to be done at one time. When I saw this, I checked what I had print d out from our pre purchased package and wording was different. Also, pre purchase saves the on board 15% service charge.

That was reported as only one shot but online wording makes it sound otherwise.  Will find out in a couple days.

5 minutes ago, dexddd said:

That was reported as only one shot but online wording makes it sound otherwise.  Will find out in a couple days.

You can send any number of pieces on any day until the total number for the package is reached, so for a 7 day cruise with the 20 items package you could send for instance 4 items on each of the first 5 day, (you can not send any items on the penultimate day) or any other combinations that add up to 20 items, including 20 items on day 5.

Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skier52 said:

You can send any number of pieces on any day until the total number for the package is reached, so for a 7 day cruise with the 20 items package you could send for instance 4 items on each of the first 5 day, (you can not send any items on the penultimate day) or any other combinations that add up to 20 items, including 20 items on day 5.

Pete

Not on the Divina this past Dec.  I prepurchased the package ahead of time and printed out the terms.  I was told had to send out all 40 pieces at once.  Told them no and showed them the paper work from online purchase stating could send out a few pieces at a time.  They said that is old policy but since I had it in writing they would honor it.  They still charged me twice, had to get a supervisor to take care of it.

I would suggest taking a copy of what it states online.  Worked for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Not on the Divina this past Dec.  I prepurchased the package ahead of time and printed out the terms.  I was told had to send out all 40 pieces at once.  Told them no and showed them the paper work from online purchase stating could send out a few pieces at a time.  They said that is old policy but since I had it in writing they would honor it.  They still charged me twice, had to get a supervisor to take care of it.

I would suggest taking a copy of what it states online.  Worked for us.

Taking along a printed copy is a very smart thing to do.  There seems to be a disconnect between cruise line headquarters and onboard the ships.  This is an issue with most cruise lines.