C&A Extra Point Solo Cruise

nws2002

1 minute ago, kaykay67 said:

If I flip flop their names it will appear as though my husband is staying in a solo room and my son staying with me, should my husband receive double points? 

Yes, but as mentioned above, they may reprice that cabin (changing the only name on the booking).

35 minutes ago, kaykay67 said:

I'm sorry! I'm a little brain fogged today lol!  My husband and I currently have a room booked and my son has his own room booked (solo).   If I flip flop their names it will appear as though my husband is staying in a solo room and my son staying with me, should my husband receive double points? 

Your husband will receive an extra point per night if he is booked alone in a stateroom that normally holds two or more. 

37 minutes ago, kaykay67 said:

I'm sorry! I'm a little brain fogged today lol!  My husband and I currently have a room booked and my son has his own room booked (solo).   If I flip flop their names it will appear as though my husband is staying in a solo room and my son staying with me, should my husband receive double points? 

Yes.  If he is listed in the regular cabin alone, he will get two points per night.

Do you and he have the exact same number of points now?

Just called again, they are stating this is not the case. He will only receive 1 points.  He is paying double occupancy minus the taxes and port fees .  IDK this is the second customer service who stated only 1 point per night given.

Karen

Just now, kaykay67 said:

Just called again, they are stating this is not the case. He will only receive 1 points.  He is paying double occupancy minus the taxes and port fees .  IDK this is the second customer service who stated only 1 point per night given.

Karen

Maybe call again, and have them reference their own benefits, and then explain to you why not?

here are the benefits, and it is listed.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

9 hours ago, rt1092 said:

You should get 3 points per day for suite. As long as it wasn't a free upgrade or one of the bid deals.

It was one of the bid deals. Bid from an interior to a JS. I mid the minimum and still got it. Great deal. I had all the normal JS perks onboard like priority boarding, a robe, and the silver card. Oh well, still get 2 points per night.

52 minutes ago, kaykay67 said:

Karen

I would just wait and call or email C&A after the cruise. I emailed last night and my extra points showed up this morning.

7 minutes ago, nws2002 said:

It was one of the bid deals. Bid from an interior to a JS. I mid the minimum and still got it. Great deal. I had all the normal JS perks onboard like priority boarding, a robe, and the silver card. Oh well, still get 2 points per night.

With ROYAL UP You will get the points for your original booking

2 hours ago, kaykay67 said:

What do you mean he will get our status? He's 24, I don't think he receives our same status? 

Your husband gets your status if you're higher or vice versa so I'd only move one of you to the solo room if it would help both of you.  You son, doesn't share your status anymore, so it may benefit him more to stay solo in a cabin.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And book that cabin with a TBD second person just in case you want to put someone in there and allow for name changes.

I didn't need to do that when I added our son to my upcoming Serenade TA.  They just had me pay the taxes.

I think I came out ahead because I was traveling on a 150% solo fare. May have just gotten lucky

I didn't need to do that when I added our son to my upcoming Serenade TA.  They just had me pay the taxes.

I think I came out ahead because I was traveling on a 150% solo fare. May have just gotten lucky
I know people sometimes get told no, for capacity reasons, when trying to add a third person (or fourth) person later on. Could that also happen when adding a second person to a solo booking?

13 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I know people sometimes get told no, for capacity reasons, when trying to add a third person (or fourth) person later on. Could that also happen when adding a second person to a solo booking?

I guess so. Having one person as a solo could enable them to put 3 in another cabin

27 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I asked my TA a while ago about including a TBD person for my upcoming Symphony cruise.  He said that it's only an issue for adding a third or fourth person to a room - that they always allow for two people in all double-occupancy rooms.  

So it sounds like they won't use my empty bed's spot at the muster station to be occupied by an extra person in another room.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kaykay67 said:

I'll call again! Also, we have a room and my adult son has his own room.  Thinking of flip flopping he and my husband so my husband can get double points.  Willl this work?

Yes

A few years ago. On our quest for Pinnacle We would sail this way My MIL was sailing with us but wanted her own room. So I would book myself into a room by myself, then my MIL and my wife would book together. My MIL was D+ but didn't have 350 points yet, and I did. So at first we did it to save money. And as a bonus get the extra points. At first Pinnacle seemed to far away. But as we got closer it was achievable. We also booked 2 connecting insides  a couple of times a got double points for about what a balcony would cost. Plus the other benefits of 2 bathrooms, 2 thermostats, 2 tv's, etc.

Money was always an issue for us. So we didn't do this. But another way to get points quicker was for one person to do a single JS and the other the cheapest available cabin. On some cruises that was actually cheaper than booking a JS for 2. 

Both these scenarios are using the 350 + point 150% supplement 

Edited by rt1092

58 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

A few years ago. On our quest for Pinnacle We would sail this way My MIL was sailing with us but wanted her own room. So I would book myself into a room by myself, then my MIL and my wife would book together. My MIL was D+ but didn't have 350 points yet, and I did. So at first we did it to save money. And as a bonus get the extra points. At first Pinnacle seemed to far away. But as we got closer it was achievable. We also booked 2 connecting insides  a couple of times a got double points for about what a balcony would cost. Plus the other benefits of 2 bathrooms, 2 thermostats, 2 tv's, etc.

Money was always an issue for us. So we didn't do this. But another way to get points quicker was for one person to do a single JS and the other the cheapest available cabin. On some cruises that was actually cheaper than booking a JS for 2. 

Both these scenarios are using the 350 + point 150% supplement 

I've told people for years that your last strategy works sometimes. They all think I'm nuts.

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've told people for years that your last strategy works sometimes. They all think I'm nuts.

I wish I'd have used that strategy when the Empress was selling JS's for 5 nighters for less than $500 for 2 people total. Would have made it months earlier.  You are  Crazy like a Fox. LOL

1 minute ago, rt1092 said:

I wish I'd have used that strategy when the Empress was selling JS's for 5 nighters for less than $500 for 2 people total. Would have made it months earlier.  You are  Crazy like a Fox. LOL

Oasis had 3-4 weeks this fall with no single supplement