Live review and periscopes Harmony of the Seas !! March 3rd-March 10th

Thanks for posting The Chops menu. This confirms that I will be eating at Jamies using The Key. They took off all the lunch salad entree choices.:classic_sad: So to answer your question, yes, thats a smaller lunch menu . Dinner chops> lunch chops> key lunch chops.

5 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Thanks for posting The Chops menu. This confirms that I will be eating at Jamies using The Key. They took off all the lunch salad entree choices.:classic_sad: So to answer your question, yes, thats a smaller lunch menu . Dinner chops> lunch chops> key lunch chops.

I looked this morning I have pics of all of the menus for all the restaurants I will post later

• Like 1

Following along.   I lost my husband of 34 years  this past January.  Last summer we had to cancel our cruise on the Anthem due to his illness so my son, daughter and grandson will be also doing a cruise in July on Harmony to honor his life and remember the good memories.    sorry for your loss as well.... hoping you enjoy your time on the ship.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 9:23 PM, Narrowshokie said:

I’m a Hokie fan I live in Narrows it’s 20 miles from campus. My sister is a Alum !!! You can download the periscope app. My user name on there is @narzhokie you can follow me on there and when I go live it will notify you or you can look later I think it keeps them for 2 years

I’m so excited to read your review. DH & I will be on Harmony next Dec. we are also Hokie fans and live just down the road from you! We are just outside of Blacksburg, near the Giles/Montgomery Co line!

My condolences to you on the loss of your mother. My dad passed last Nov. By chance we had a cruise booked for 2 weeks after his funeral. It was good to be away from the stressful events of Nov, but there is always a lot of healing to do after the loss of a parent. 

• Like 1

Following along.   I lost my husband of 34 years  this past January.  Last summer we had to cancel our cruise on the Anthem due to his illness so my son, daughter and grandson will be also doing a cruise in July on Harmony to honor his life and remember the good memories.    sorry for your loss as well.... hoping you enjoy your time on the ship.

I’m sorry for your Loss!! It’s very hard!! So far lots of memories of past cruises with our mother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Narrowshokie said:

I looked this morning I have pics of all of the menus for all the restaurants I will post later

Wish someone would post the Jamies The key lunch menu. Thanksfor posting pics.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Narrowshokie said:

That would be great, thank you!! We've been missing Harmony since our November sailing.. Just seeing and hearing your adventures makes me think it's time to finally book our next one on her! I just love it so much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, knon24 said:

That would be great, thank you!! We've been missing Harmony since our November sailing.. Just seeing and hearing your adventures makes me think it's time to finally book our next one on her! I just love it so much.

Book it, do it!  😀

• Like 1

Enjoying your review, Narrowshokie. We will be sailing on Symphony at the end of April, so I will definitely be following along on your review of Symphony's older sister. 

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Cruising with your sister is a great way to honor your mom's memory. Based on how happy she looked in your first post, I'm sure she would approve of your cruise, and will be there in spirit. 

• Like 1

Recap of day 2

Kind of a lazy day!! Got up around 8:00 went to windjammer for breakfast got there around 9. That was a mistake!! The whole ship was there. Took 15 min of wondering around to find 2 seats. I know better to go there at that time on a sea day. The food was very good lots of choices so i had that going for me.

After breakfast i went to the shopping talk with my sister. Pretty much the same as all the past ones I’ve been to. It was not as well attended as the ones in the past guess since only St Martin is really the only shopping Mecca on this sailing. They also made you stand in line after the show to get the VIP cards. In the past you dropped the card off of your interest and the vip cards were delivered to your room. This one you waited in line i wondered around the ship while my sister waited 30 min for her turn to get her cards.

Then off to the pool deck so my sister could see the Sexist Man contest. Well i must admit i wanted to see it too cause you all ways see crazy stuff. I was not disappointed it was a hoot. Hung out on deck 16 afterwards for about 1.5 hours to try to get a little color on my Lilly white body before we get to our ports. I now have a little color. Will work on it a little more. Had pizza for lunch its ok. Wish they still had make your own personal pizza like Allure did 3 years ago. Also had a hot dog and some nachos at Little bites since i was walking by it.

We had reservations for the ice show at 5pm. We barely made it there in time to get to use The Key seating but we made good seats 3 rows up from the ice in front of the poles.

{Warning THIS IS JUST MY OPTION IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN A ICE SHOW ON ROYAL PLEASE GO SEE IT }

This was my 4th Ice Show I’ve seen. This was the worst Ice show I’ve seen on royal. All the shows in the past were high energy and amazing. This show has a weird story line and the music for 90percent of it is chamber music. The closing number was awesome it was the song A Thing Called LOve. The skaters are great but show sucked I don’t want to see people waltzing on skates. This was 50 minutes of my life i cant get back. I could of been getting pinker by the pool. To me and only me this was the worst show I’ve seen on a ship. I’m sure some people think its the best ice show they have seen on a ship. But its not my cup of tea.

Formal Night

Got dressed up cause its formal night!!! Don’t understand people not dressing up and going to Main Dinning room. To me its part of the cruise experience. Saw people in shorts and flip flops. We had a few pictures taken before dinner. Dinner was very good I had the French onion soup,Beef Tender Loin and Cheese cake.

Bad Things sometimes Happen on Vacation!!!

As we were about to leave dinner our waiter told us that the ship was stopping for the Coast Guard to land so they could airlift a passenger off the ship at 9:30. So being it was 9:00 and I’m curious of seeing a helicopter land on a ship we went up to the Solarium to see. It was strange seeing the helicopter coming in. On one hand it was cool seeing it but on the other your heart breaks for the family and the passenger. The man was on the Flow Rider and had a heart attack. The copter was the big one it didn’t land it just hovered and dropped a basket. They took his wife too. Must of took 30 min to do it. Very Sad.

Adult Comedy Show

The 2 comics were great. We didn’t get there in time to take advantage of the key but not sure if we got special seating or not. We had horrible seat. Had to watch it on a Tv in the back cause the site lines in the attic are not good a bunch of poles in your way from the back of the place. Even with crappy seats it was a good time. We stopped at on air on our way back to the room. The singers tonight were not rock star good like last night but some were better than most.

fe11192b97ea318db104db78b498b725.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Narrowshokie, So very sorry to hear of your Mom’s passing. We lost my Dad 2 and a half years ago. It is so very hard! So glad that you and your sister are able to remember her and her love for cruising. I am sure she is right there with you both.

I agree with you about the ice skating show. I can’t remember the name, 1787 or something like that? The skaters are great, don’t get me wrong, but it was just strange! We are going on Harmony again in a couple of weeks and we didn’t even make reservations to go and see it again.

The other ice skating show is really good though. The skaters skate to music they picked out and showcase their talents. It’s the upbeat kind of show that you are used to. It was very enjoyable. 

We also liked Columbus a lot. Again good music and we thought it was hilarious.

Thanks for the review. Enjoying the pictures and the info. Have a great cruise!

Day 3 recap

Got up at 8. We decided not to deal with the windjammer so we went to Johnny Rockets at 845 no line to get in plenty of tables. The food was good. Went up and scoped out 2 chairs on deck 16 overlooking the sports pool cause we wanted to
Watch belly flop contest. Then went to the room. Yes I was a chair Hog today!! The top tier event was at 10:30. Free drinks. Pretty good turn out. Had 2 people reaching Pinnacle this cruise. Gave them their awards. The highest ranking Pinnacle had 5000 points can’t imagine being able to cruise that much.

After the event went to the pool deck. I rode both water slides they are fun and fast!! Went to my chair and worked on frying myself. That did not last long after about 45 min a massive rain storm showed up caused us all to run to the windjammer. It poured for maybe 30. Since me and a 1000 of my closest friends were there we all decided to have lunch.!! It was so bad they were seating you. After a quick lunch. Back to the room for a quick nap. On a side note they canceled the Belly Flop contest till
Saturday. Cause it started raining just as it was going to start. After my nap was looking at the compass saw they had a 50 min massage
for $99 called and got a appointment for 5:00.

Massage It was was great but In A moment of weakness I bought some of the crap they push!! It cost more than the massage!!! My mother raised some stupid children!! Use to think it was my sister!! But today it was me!!

We had dinner in the windjammer at 7:30 it was not overly crowded. The food was good. Plenty of choices. The Crepes for dessert were great. It’s a nice touch.

The Fine Line
The show was awesome!! Those people are amazing. The whole show is really fun to watch.

Main theater entertainer was a one hit wonder guy. He was talented but not my cup of tea

Tomorrow the ports start with St Martin. We are doing the Beach Break threw the ship. Should be fun!! Has to be at the pick up point at 8:15. Suppose to last till 2. The. We will do some shopping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk