Live review and periscopes Harmony of the Seas !! March 3rd-March 10th

Ok time to catch up!! Ive been a little under the weather!! Nothing major just a cough and congestion feel ok most the time. Just to let you know a small bottle of NyQuil is $17.99 on the ship!!

Back to day 5 I did have something planned had forgot about it. Columbus the Musical!! I really liked it. It’s a bit weird at the beginning till you wrap your head around the plot. I liked the music better in this beat than Grease.

Day 6 Labadee

Started the day a little behind could not get off the ship till 10:30. So that meant my 10:30 Zip Line was going to be pushed back so we did it around 11. My sister is not very adventurous but signed her up for it anyway!! She ended up loving it. After zip lining we had to go find a place on a beach to call home for the day. Tried Columbus Cove that didn’t work out they had no chairs left. We ended up at adrenaline beach. They guy there got us 2 chairs right at the water. The water in Labadee was way warmer than St Martin!! We had floating mats so we floated around for a while then went to lunch. Lunch was ok thought the chicken was the best thing. After lunch the first of 2 issues came up. While at lunch someone stole my sisters mat. It stuck out because it was white that we had brought from Columbus cove. The Mats are color coded for each beach. I look out in the water and see the only white mat a man and a woman are floating on it so I being a good brother I wade out to them and ask nicely where they got the mat they said someone with one of the day beds gave to them. I just laughed and said you know they are colored coded to each beach the day beds have red and blue mats being on vacation was not worth being ugly. A little later see them getting out of the water with the mat. They took it behind the day beds over never the coaster and threw it down and walked away. So I got it back. After that. We went to ride the coaster. It was fun as always when I get home I’ll post the GoPro videos!! After some more beach time it was time to go walk into the lions den of the Haitian market place. I only brought 40 bucks with me. Call me crazy but I love going to those booths !! Ended up spending 30 bucks. Got a nice size box a couple bowls and a metal flamingo and some other junk!!

Issue #2

This one burned a hole in my ass!!! So it’s 3:40 when we decided to go back to the ship. We go to the shuttle stop at adrenaline beach. Shuttles go buy going to Columbus beach. Like 5 of them when they come back all full don’t stop. At 4:20 the eight of us standing there run and hop on the shuttle to Columbus beach. Well things got real ugly next we get Columbus and they kick us off say these people have been waiting 15 minutes. I told them they were stupid for they way things were run and I had been waiting 40 min with no one stopping. I was the nice one the other 6 said some really bad things. I look up and see 4 security guards showing up they said they were sorry but we needed to get in line. The shuttle system needs some work. Other than those 2 issues it was a great day in Labadee. For that matter those are the only issues on this whole cruise!!

Having issues loading pictures right will try later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, I just have to say, Go Hokies!  

Last year, we got off the ship late and 3/5 family members did the zip line.  We ended up spending the rest of the day on adrenaline beach.   We loved it.  We just walked back to the ship so we didn’t have to deal with the shuttles.  I have no patience for that.  

I am really enjoying your review.  

All things must come to a end. Day 7

Slept in till 9 or 8 really since they changed the time a day early so everyone would not be late on Sunday. It was bright sunny day. Unfortunately I felt like crap. So after breakfast I just just laid around the room till around 3. Started feeling better so we went to Johnny Rockets to use our free lunch for staying in a boardwalk room. Before we went there sister did the zip line. Proud of her she was adventurous this cruise!! After the late lunch went back to the room to pack. Went went to dinner in the windjammer. Went to the family comedy show it was good. Then we went to the all star karaoke final these people were really good. Bought a couple of pictures since me and Vicki don’t have that many pictures of us together as adults. Now I writing this. We have a really late flight so we are getting a day room tomorrow to kill time I’ll recap the trip tomorrow while we killing time waiting on our flightd40f178c636ebb959c46b4d8dda5526f.jpg9d9080e764ab0da7fa8e87a486a40cbc.jpg8c9cefae53debdbd205271bf1a1c6e7d.jpgb4860eb6016a01ca0af626afa096e416.jpg3a41ab6825b95a25bd54463763c90873.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Nothing worse than being under the weather while on vacation. We always bring a small container of medical supplies with us when we travel. That way we don't end up paying those outrageous prices, especially when we're on a ship! I'm also just a little bit superstitious, I feel like if we have the medical supplies available we won't need them.  Doesn't always work, but it makes me feel more confident that nobody will get sick! 

• Like 1

When I was in Labade this past Fall I put my stuff on a lounger then went to the swim up bar for a few beers, when I returned my stuff was on the sand and my chair was missing, some folks will steal anything.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:33 AM, bobmacliberty said:

This always says Caribbean cruise to me.  I don't recall ever having a Carib outside of the islands, but it's one of my favorites while cruising.

I live in Maryland and Total Wine and More carries it!

I agree it definitely gets you into the caribbean mood!

Ok sorry it took so long to recap my adventure!! The real world got in the way!!

Departure day!! Got up went to the Key Breakfast! Around 8am it was on deck 4 dinning room!! Walked in had Steak and Eggs very good!! After breakfast they said go to Boleros and they would help
Us off the ship. When we got there showed our Key Card to the rep and they walked us around the lines and we walked off the ship no wait. We did Luggage Valet so the bags were at the airport. Once we got down stairs told the rep we were Key people so they took us to front of customs line. The total time from boleros to parking lot!! 15 min. I will buy the Key every time I cruise if available!!!

Day Room

We booked B Ocean resort it was $130 including the resort fee. 10am-6pm. Great resort!! Private beach with chairs and towels Water Taxi across the street.

Recap of the Cruise.

The Key!!

The much discussed new feature on Royal!!
I loved it. I’m not a diamond or above cruiser I’m a lowly emerald!! You get to board before everyone except suite people. I was on the ship at 10:31. And off the ship in 15 min. Show up 15 before a show no issue please sit in these prime seats. Want to zip line 4 times in a row no issue go ahead!! Ride the flow rider a couple of times without it being 20 people deep no issues. Have a nice steak lunch to start your cruise without having to battle the first day lines. You get a internet package for each person!! To me it’s a no brainer on a Oasis class ship. With the mass of humanity any short cut helps. The only thing that did not work for the Key was getting into your early. Said 12 but didn’t get into the till 1 like everyone else but I didn’t try till 12:30 cause I was enjoying lunch at chops!! It may of just been my floor never asked any of the other key people.

Room

Had a broad walk balcony. It was just like it was on Allure. Everything was nice and clean. Marie our cabin attendant was great!! She kept our ice bucket full. And had towel animals every night. I gave her $20 the first night and told her I just want ice and towel animals that’s all I wanted. She did a amazing job doing that. Most days she folded any clothes left laying around the room. I gave her another $20 on the last night also. The attendants work very hard she had 15 cabins to take care of.

The Shows!!

Grease -ok
Ice show- didn’t like!!!
Headliner - ok not my cup of tea
Aqua show- loved it
Columbus- loved it
Comedians. Both were great

Food

The food was good across the ship!!

Jamie’s - it was great best speciality restaurant meal I’ve had on any cruise every

Main Dining room. The French onion soup was great every night!! Lamb chops was the best main of the week.

Pizza. Was very good!! I do miss make your own pizza like on Allure a couple of years ago.

Windjammer: other than the zoo for breakfast the food was excellent and had lots of choices.

Mini bites. It was good the 2 times I got something

Johnny Rockets. My go to breakfast!! People don’t realize it’s free for breakfast!! Food was excellent and the OJ always seems better than windjammer. You can get made to order omelettes. Had lunch there once it was good.

Cons!!!
The elevators. Or lack of. The design does not allow to have them in the middle of the ship. They need them cause at Dinner breakfast, getting off the ship it is nuts my advice is if a elevator door opens get on weather it’s going up or down. U can figure it out later

My time dining!! I think the service suffers from it. The waiters never get to know you. They seem to go threw the motions. They weren’t bad just don’t seem to care.

Wrap up!!!
This is my 2nd time on a Oasis class think I’m going to go down a size next cruise!! The having to make reservations for everything cramps my style a bit. I like to be able to be a little less structured!!! I love the ships they are amazing. I will go back on them just need a break.

Thanks everyone for ready my posts. I also figured out I’m not much of a periscoper !!

• Like 1

Great review...will be on 4/14/19 sailing.....we will have 4 grandkids 6 to 10 yrs old...plus parents and us....did you find Adrenaline Beach swimable...always have done Columbus Cove because of calm water and nice sand...all10 of us will be in the water a lot, is it rough or rocky compared to Columbus cove....thanks, we are getting excited...😎😉

• Like 1

Great review...will be on 4/14/19 sailing.....we will have 4 grandkids 6 to 10 yrs old...plus parents and us....did you find Adrenaline Beach swimable...always have done Columbus Cove because of calm water and nice sand...all10 of us will be in the water a lot, is it rough or rocky compared to Columbus cove....thanks, we are getting excited...[emoji41][emoji6]

I thought it was good. There were a few rock here and there. But I used my float with no issues other than someone taking my sisters while at lunch. The water was not rough. They put up that rock wall that stops the waves