Checking Liquor at Embarkation

marieps

Just now, marieps said:

I believe we will upgrade to the premium package, as we already have the house select.    You folks have made it clear liquor brought on board is for in-room consumption only.  Thanks much for enlightening me.  

If you want to take wine onboard  you can take it to the dining venues you just pay the corkage  fee  & they will store the bottle  should you not drink it all in one sitting

No need 

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If you want to take wine onboard  you can take it to the dining venues you just pay the corkage  fee  & they will store the bottle  should you not drink it all in one sitting

No need with the package, but thanks.  It matters not, I assume, whether your personal libation is in a carry on or a checked bag?

2 hours ago, marieps said:

No need 

No need with the package, but thanks.  It matters not, I assume, whether your personal libation is in a carry on or a checked bag?

No difference from Oceania's perspective.

We prefer to hand-carry something like that.

GC

Just now, marieps said:

No need 

I carry ours on

we only take 1-2 bottles  if any

4 hours ago, marieps said:

No need 

If you are a wine enthusiast, you will find that the selections "by-the-glass" usually may have only a handful of decent options. On longer cruise segments, news travels fast and the best of what is included (e.g., Shramsberg Mirabelle, Arbolero Carmenere) may often run out in a few days. So, do give some thought to supplying, at least, some of your own wine.

The real value of the Prestige Package is the ability to order doubles of premium spirits in complex cocktails at no extra cost. Even then, if your loyalty level gets you multiple free booze invites (where you can order other than what is being passed out by wait staff) AND you're bringing your own wine (and/or can decipher the "bin end" standouts), you may want to do the math (while enjoying the occasional "happy hour ."

On 3/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

If you are a wine enthusiast, you will find that the selections "by-the-glass" usually may have only a handful of decent options. On longer cruise segments, news travels fast and the best of what is included (e.g., Shramsberg Mirabelle, Arbolero Carmenere) may often run out in a few days. So, do give some thought to supplying, at least, some of your own wine.

The real value of the Prestige Package is the ability to order doubles of premium spirits in complex cocktails at no extra cost. Even then, if your loyalty level gets you multiple free booze invites (where you can order other than what is being passed out by wait staff) AND you're bringing your own wine (and/or can decipher the "bin end" standouts), you may want to do the math (while enjoying the occasional "happy hour ."

Thanks for the advice.   We are Elite Plus on Celebrity, but as this is our first O cruise we have no loyalty built up.  We do have a Regent cruise in our history.  Perhaps that is reciprocated?   In any event, we view beverage packages as a convenience, not just a "cost saving."  Having once sailed Regent, being able to walk up and order whatever and not worry about each nickel and dime has an appeal for us.