Boeing 787-10

debnjoe1438

Looking for anyone who has been on the Boeing 787-10 in economy. Most specifically looking for information on Row 60. DH and I booked a United flight on this plane. While selecting seats, the seat map gives the impression there is a little extra leg room between row 59 and 60. DH chose that row, thinking a little extra leg room would make up for restrooms and galley close by. Well looking on other seat maps for this plane, it doesn't look like there is any extra room here. 

If anyone has been on this plane and knows, please let me know. Thanks

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

While selecting seats, the seat map gives the impression there is a little extra leg room between row 59 and 60.

Looking at the seat map on which you see this, I think this is very likely to be an artefact of the way that the toilets are depicted on it: the icon for the toilet is wider than a standard seat row, and therefore artifically separates the seat row in line with the toilets (ie 60) from the seat row in front (ie 59). You see the same thing happening at rows 39 and 40 (although here the toilet is in the centre of the aircraft and the seat rows are outboard).

UA's standard seat map (ie not the one accessed through the booking system) shows no extra space at either row: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/inflight/aircraft/787/10/default.aspx

You'll have to be lucky to find someone who's actually flown on a United 787-10 and taken notice: the airline only has five aircraft at the moment, and there are only 18 in service across the world.

If it were me, I'd change my seat ASAP!   People queue up to use those toilets and the galley is there, so there is always noise/activity.  And, if seat guru say limited recline because, when the people above recline, you're going to have that seat in your face.  

1 minute ago, Globaliser said:

Looking at the seat map on which you see this, I think this is very likely to be an artefact of the way that the toilets are depicted on it: the icon for the toilet is wider than a standard seat row, and therefore artifically separates the seat row in line with the toilets (ie 60) from the seat row in front (ie 59). You see the same thing happening at rows 39 and 40 (although here the toilet is in the centre of the aircraft and the seat rows are outboard).

UA's standard seat map (ie not the one accessed through the booking system) shows no extra space at either row: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/inflight/aircraft/787/10/default.aspx

You'll have to be lucky to find someone who's actually flown on a United 787-10 and taken notice: the airline only has five aircraft at the moment, and there are only 18 in service across the world.

1 minute ago, Globaliser said:

thanks

17 hours ago, slidergirl said:

And, if seat guru say limited recline because, when the people above recline, you're going to have that seat in your face.

Although it's worth noting that SeatGuru comments like "limited recline" are frequently just wild guesses.

For years, SeatGuru was warning about possible limited recline in the last row of World Traveller Plus (premium economy) cabins on British Airways. This was always just wild guesswork, because there are no WT+ seats that have limited recline, anywhere on the fleet, and there never have been. There are still two BA configurations for which SeatGuru still wrongly says this.

(And that's leaving aside issues like the 747 configuration that Does Not Exist because it's now been years since that configuration was removed from the fleet.)

57 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

For years, SeatGuru was warning about possible limited recline in the last row of World Traveller Plus (premium economy) cabins on British Airways.

Several examples where SeatGuru not being accurate - likely limited recline but for sure no extra leg room and close to galley and lavatories - anyway row 60 IMO is a bad options.

Edited by hallasm