Using Plug In Air Freshner In Bathroom

trbarton

On 3/3/2019 at 4:45 AM, chengkp75 said:

The unpleasant odor in cabin bathrooms is fairly common, and also quite easily remedied.  If you look, there will be a drain in the floor of the bathroom (outside the shower), typically a gutter type drain across the doorway, or a round drain tucked under the wall mounted toilet.  This drain does not get much water into it (only when the shower overflows or during cleaning at turn around), so the dry air from the AC will dry out the water in the trap under the drain.   This U-trap is just like the ones in your house under the shower or under your sinks, where there is some water retained that keeps smells from backing up the drain pipe.  Since this floor drain frequently dries out, the smells come into your bathroom.  Simply pouring a glass of water down this drain every day or couple of days will prevent the odors.

Youre amazing, Chief. You never cease to amaze with really pithy information. 

Thank you!

46 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Youre amazing, Chief. You never cease to amaze with really pithy information. 

Thank you!

Entire drainage system is much smaller than what you have on land. Instead of 3 or 4 inch pipes, small 2 inch lines are used to fit inside walls.

4 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

Entire drainage system is much smaller than what you have on land. Instead of 3 or 4 inch pipes, small 2 inch lines are used to fit inside walls.

This is true of the vacuum toilet lines for the black water.  The gravity drain lines for the gray water will increase in size from the 2" at each sink, shower, drain, (just like house drains) to 3", 4" and 6" as the drains collect and head down to the engine room.  These larger drain lines are located in mechanical pipe chases in those mysterious "white spaces" on the deck plans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

It’s the bag you get if your Elite or in a Suite.

Tom😀

I always bring the bag home and gift it to my daughter or DIL, they love getting that bag full of nice stuff.  I also bring home the extra hand lotion that we don't use and give it to our mechanic, the owner and her loves it.  Good advertising for Princess.

12 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Keep crushing on Princess & you’ll be there soon. That’s what I did to become Elite. 

Tom😀

Trying! 😉 Sadly Princess cannot accommodate our family with 3 small kids without costing double what it would somewhere else. I have tried so hard and still trying even though we are scheduled next year for NCL, I still want to be on princess. Just cannot afford 2 rooms and then finding rooms to connect just isn't happening. 

8 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Oh, that’s what that’s for? 

Supposed to be a freshener you spray on the bed sheets.

It comes in a 1 or 2 ounce spray bottle.

Have tried to use it but I think it is just a bottle of plain water. 🙄

No scent that I can tell.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, elliair said:

I always bring the bag home and gift it to my daughter or DIL, they love getting that bag full of nice stuff.  I also bring home the extra hand lotion that we don't use and give it to our mechanic, the owner and her loves it.  Good advertising for Princess.

Many veterans' organizations collect them to send overseas or for homeless veterans.  That's where ours and all hotel amenities go.

Edited by FritzG

1 hour ago, FritzG said:

Many veterans' organizations collect them to send overseas or for homeless veterans.  That's where ours and all hotel amenities go.

When I accumulate enough of the hotel amenities, we donate them to our local homeless shelters, and this time around to the fire victims.   I also keep some of the Princess lotions for personal use at home.  When we begin to run low, it's time to book another cruise! :classic_love:

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2019 at 3:47 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I just use the linen spray that comes in the amenity bag in the bathroom.

Except that on our trip on the Ruby last week, there was no linen spray in the amenity bag.....

12 minutes ago, goofy559 said:

Except that on our trip on the Ruby last week, there was no linen spray in the amenity bag.....

I received 2 used bags on the CB in Nov.

Chapstick was open and hairs on the small loofah.

Disgusting.

You probably got a recycled bag.  

Just now, Colo Cruiser said:

I received 2 used bags on the CB in Nov.

Chapstick was open and hairs on the small loofah.

Disgusting.

You probably got a recycled bag.  

Interesting (and gross). Everything was new in the bag, and I received a gel eyemask which was new to me.  No hair conditioner.  

Bag also had nail file, shower cap, chap stick, 2 moisturizers.

Just now, goofy559 said:

Interesting (and gross). Everything was new in the bag, and I received a gel eyemask which was new to me.  No hair conditioner.  

Bag also had nail file, shower cap, chap stick, 2 moisturizers.

Ha! I thought my bags were new too.   🤮