RIVIERA Cabin 7008 door problems for info

tine-tine

We have just returned from our Caribbean cruise and thought we would pass on some information regarding B3 7008 one of the extended balcony cabins. There is a problem with the cabin doors where the handle does not fully engage and during choppy seas and high winds the frame moves slightly breaking the door seal and allowing air to enter. The door frame previously had wedges placed round the top to try to prevent movement so Oceania are aware. We reported the problem while on board, the technician did his best to resolve, changing the handles which were damaged, probably as the door has to be banged hard to shut as it is out of alignment. I have posted so that future incumbents of the Cabin are aware that it has been reported and hopefully this will be resolved in the upcoming dry dock.

Edited by tine-tine

12 hours ago, tine-tine said:

We have just returned from our Caribbean cruise and thought we would pass on some information regarding B3 7008 one of the extended balcony cabins. There is a problem with the cabin doors where the handle does not fully engage and during choppy seas and high winds the frame moves slightly breaking the door seal and allowing air to enter. The door frame previously had wedges placed round the top to try to prevent movement so Oceania are aware. We reported the problem while on board, the technician did his best to resolve, changing the handles which were damaged, probably as the door has to be banged hard to shut as it is out of alignment. I have posted so that future incumbents of the Cabin are aware that it has been reported and hopefully this will be resolved in the upcoming dry dock.

How was the cabin otherwise?  Did you love the balcony?   I’m asking because I have that cabin on Marina for my upcoming cruise.  

Hi Iais, The cabin was great otherwise and we had Joselin/Noime as cabin stewards and they were fabulous, happy smiley people who were professional and very low key but attentive to your every request, definitely the best we have experienced on Oceania. Most of the time the doors were ok but during windy/rough weather it was a problem as the wind howling through the door was disturbing, particularly when the Captain was going at speed. You will love the balcony. We booked the same cabin for our b2b next year but will check prior to sailing that the doors have been corrected in dry dock.I have attached some pictures and you can see that the handle does not push straight which is required to make an airtight seal. 

I have posted so anyone using the cabin in future knows that it has already been reported.

hi4UsNE2Sh2fiTbN5zgj5A.thumb.jpg.0abcf319a10fae955ed5c4c4ece7e36c.jpg

XQD3EGr6SteROb+r6sZxZQ.jpg

DpQRZnKQQgqaXiESTS6eRQ.jpg

whFoyhRwSQe%o6f4C6G3wQ.jpg

bsskVcQQSUmHsiQX%CUhhA.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

I believe those shims to be about rattles, and have nothing to do with the handle closing. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the frame rattled as well as the door not closing tightly, creaked and groaned in certain conditions. The movement is what caused the door not to engage with the catch as it sits out of alignment. The maintenance man who attended could not rectify the problem stating it 'might' get looked at in dry dock!

For information of those travelling on Marina this post only refers to the Riviera and is a maintenance problem.

Edited by tine-tine