Help with hotel in AMsterdam near the airport

Delta has changed our flights not enough time to get thru passport control and then to the domestic terminal.

We would need to spend one night in Amsterdam and  catch our flight to Nice the next day.

Please reply with names of hotel new the airport you would recommend.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed several times at Hyatt Place Hoofddorp.  There is a free shuttle back and forth between airport and hotel.  There is a place called STA at the airport, which is a shuttle waiting area, near Arrivals 4.  Just check the airport maps for it.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hyatt Place.  They have free breakfast, and aren't far from the train station in case you want to take a train into Amsterdam city center.

Right at the airport is the Sheraton Hotel, so you will not need a shuttle to get there. Other airport hotels are the Hilton, also on the airport a little farther away from the terminal.

Close to the airport are various hotels with shuttle.

Van der Valk, Ibis, Holiday Inn and many more.

Check a site like  booking.com or hotel.com with more information.

Besides Sheraton, Hilton there's also a CitizenM hotel on the land side of the airport (all with no need for a shuttle). Inside the terminal there are two hotels; Mercure (the better one) and a pod like hotel called Yotel.

Terminal:

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiphol/hotels/mercure-hotel-schiphol-terminal

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiphol/hotels/yotel-schiphol-airport

Hotels near Schiphol:

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiphol/hotels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We stayed in Citizen M, Mercure, and Ibis and I can recommend them all, depending upon your wishes and the availability of a room. Citizen M is an easy walk to the departure halls.

If you are in transfer, Mercure is the right hotel because it is behind customs/police. Very comfortable if you donot wish to leave the airport. However, If you leave the airport with your lugage and come back later, you will have to leave your luggage in de luggage cellar and collect it next day before your flight. 

I stayed in the Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport last June with my 3 kids and it worked really well.  The price was reasonable, the room was fine (nothing spectacular, but it was clean, quiet, and the beds were comfy).  They had a large family room available so all 4 of us were able to have our own bed.   The shuttle in the morning was easy and we had no problems making our Easy Jet flight in the morning. 

Back in 2016, I stayed at the Hilton Schiphol on a business trip.  It was wonderful, but quite a bit more expensive.  If it's in your budget, I'd highly recommend!  I would have had to get two rooms when I was there last summer and it just wasn't in the cards for me.  It was an easy walk to the terminal since this hotel is at the airport.  Rooms were extremely quiet and it was a beautiful hotel!

It is not far into Amsterdam.   Why not go into town and enjoy the evening?

See if you can check your bags through, then hop the train (downstairs in the airport terminal) and be at the Amsterda Central station in minutes.

MANY hotels within walking distance.  I typically stay the Renaissance (I get LOTS of perks from Marriott), which is not far.

• 4 weeks later...