New Drink Pkg

petuniaflower

Is there a list of the actual drinks available on each plan?  I know there is a list of the types of drinks and the packages, but not specifically.

On the easy plan, could one order a virgin cocktail/frozen drink and a shot of rum etc?  Just wondering how creative you could get using the basic plan as we are not big drinkers nor do we have real preferences of beer/spirits etc, just like to have some drinks on vacation...

Our last sailing on Divina some folks we met at the Garden Bar did that exact thing. The wife would order a Virgin Pina Colada and the husband would order a shot of rum. After about 2 days the bartender just gave her the drink with the rum in it. 

45 minutes ago, miataman19 said:

Our last sailing on Divina some folks we met at the Garden Bar did that exact thing. The wife would order a Virgin Pina Colada and the husband would order a shot of rum. After about 2 days the bartender just gave her the drink with the rum in it. 

This kind of behavior is what ruins things for everyone. 

• Like 2

For me this beahviour and the people talking about how they can smuggle on liquer to their cabin appears very cheap. 

Like having a bottle of vodka in your pocket when going to a bar and only order orange juice. 

I just dont get it?! Who does that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miataman19 said:

There's no problem ordering 2 drinks at a time on MSC (it's nothing like Celebrity's policy of only one drink per card  :classic_blink:), so no need for the wife to order one drink and the husband to order the other.  In fact, if you're sitting with others who the server knows have the same package as you, they'll often only take one card for a round of drinks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Is there a list of the actual drinks available on each plan?  I know there is a list of the types of drinks and the packages, but not specifically.

On the easy plan, could one order a virgin cocktail/frozen drink and a shot of rum etc?  Just wondering how creative you could get using the basic plan as we are not big drinkers nor do we have real preferences of beer/spirits etc, just like to have some drinks on vacation...

I have list but I can't figure out how to embed a picture.  

Easy includes Dewar's white label, Beefeater , Smirnoff, Seagram's 7, Bacardi white, Jim Beam.  Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, prosecco, Rose.  Cappuccino, espresso, latte, etc. White and red vermouth. 

Cape Cod, Moscow Mule, Screwdriver, Long Island Ice Tea, Greyhound, Seven and 7, Bacardi and coke, Smirnoff and lemon, G+T, whiskey and Coke.. sodas, energizers, mineral waters, some mocktails..  and drinks $6 and under (aside from those not specifically mentioned). 

Yes, you could order a virgin cocktail and a shot of rum or vodka and mix it in 

Edited by reedprincess

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

There's no problem ordering 2 drinks at a time on MSC (it's nothing like Celebrity's policy of only one drink per card  :classic_blink:), so no need for the wife to order one drink and the husband to order the other.  In fact, if you're sitting with others who the server knows have the same package as you, they'll often only take one card for a round of drinks.

They are scamming the system, though, since the frozen alcoholic drink was not included on their package.  That's how I read it, anyway. 

Not sure how it's stealing if I can have a free mocktail like a pina colada and my drink package also allows (whatever) with a shot of rum, I just get the white Bacardi rum on the side, toss it into the mocktail 

Both are free on my plan

With easy you can get a glass of juice, and you are also allowed a shot of Smirnoff vodka, so you decide to toss them together, what's being stolen?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Not sure how it's stealing if I can have a free mocktail like a pina colada and my drink package also allows (whatever) with a shot of rum, I just get the white Bacardi rum on the side, toss it into the mocktail 

Both are free on my plan

With easy you can get a glass of juice, and you are also allowed a shot of Smirnoff vodka, so you decide to toss them together, what's being stolen?

Exactly!!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

They are scamming the system, though, since the frozen alcoholic drink was not included on their package.  That's how I read it, anyway. 

They are not scamming at all! The package include virgin cocktails and shots of booze!! They're just making it work for them!! All within the "rules". 

Edited by FMZ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FMZ said:

They are not scamming at all! The package include virgin cocktails and shots of booze!! They're just making it work for them!! All within the "rules". 

Then why did one have to order one part of the drink and the other ordered the other part?  Scam. When they raise the price of the drinks packages, again, you have nobody but yourselves to blame.  Just like when they started to require all in the same party buy the same level package. 

Just now, EngIceDave said:

To clarify, so I cannot order a glass of coke and a separate shot of rum, without running a "scam?"

You're perfectly entitled to order anything and everything that your package covers - that's why it's called "Unlimited"!!

• Like 2

Opinions are what they are - facts, on the other hand, are a different kettle of fish!

I order a cognac and a port and mix them - 2 separate drinks, both included on my drinks package.  Nothing "scamming" or "stealing" about it.  In fact, the barmen get used to the order and just put the 2 drinks into the one glass.  Over time, many passengers have asked me what I was drinking and they, too, ordered the same!

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Then why did one have to order one part of the drink and the other ordered the other part?  Scam. When they raise the price of the drinks packages, again, you have nobody but yourselves to blame.  Just like when they started to require all in the same party buy the same level package. 

There is no need to seperate the order between people.  Folks are walking up to a bar and ordering a drink and a shot, which is allowed in this drink package. A scam would imply you are breaking the cruise line rules. These drink orders are not. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BadSanta said:

Are the ice-cream included in this package?

Are the snacks for free in the bars, or is all this extra?

Ice-cream (gelato) is not included in the new packages - they are now strictly drinks packages.  However, snacks are offered for free in the bars/lounges in the early evening ... usually crisps (chips) and/or peanuts.  You can request them if they're not served at the time you order your drinks.

40 minutes ago, FMZ said:

There is no need to seperate the order between people.  Folks are walking up to a bar and ordering a drink and a shot, which is allowed in this drink package. A scam would imply you are breaking the cruise line rules. These drink orders are not. 

Then address the OP's original problem/question....

With the premium package or above, they can order a frozen alcoholic drink (I assume they are less the $12). No need to be creative/scam.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/All_Inclusive_Drink_Package_Comparison_Guide_update11192018.pdf

image.thumb.png.a039a2751a494b827eef73a9b755e6cb.png

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

The first of OP's questions cannot be answered as there is no longer any real list.  Attached at bottom of this post is the closest I've seen to one, I think it no longer is on the website.  All that I see now is the comparison flyer:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/MSC-18-353_Drink-Package-Consumer-Flyer.pdf

The second question was answered by the first response.  Non alcoholic cocktails are included with the Easy package as are well brand shots.  MSC has no trouble with ordering two drinks at a time, I always order whisky or Bourbon as a double.  No problem.

Nov 2018 Drink_Package_Comparison_Guide.pdf

Edited by Até
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Até said:

The first of OP's questions cannot be answered as there is no longer any real list.  Attached at bottom of this post is the closest I've seen to one, I think it no longer is on the website.  All that I see now is the comparison flyer:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/MSC-18-353_Drink-Package-Consumer-Flyer.pdf

The second question was answered by the first response.  Non alcoholic cocktails are included with the Easy package as are well brand shots.  MSC has no trouble with ordering two drinks at a time, I always order whisky or Bourbon as a double.  No problem.

Nov 2018 Drink_Package_Comparison_Guide.pdf

When they eliminate the Easy Package, or raise the price, and people start howling I'll reference this thread. :classic_blink:

• Haha 1