is it possible to change free flight to wan earlier time?

brucelegs

We just got our free flight info.  We would, like to change our return flight from 8PM to something earlier.  Has anyone had luck doing that?  Who did you contact?  I know it would not be our Cruise Consultant.  Can I do it directly with the airline?  Yes I know it was a free perk, just trying to tweak that return flight - I certainly didn't think it would be 8PM 😉

thanks in advance for any advice.

1 hour ago, brucelegs said:

We just got our free flight info.  We would, like to change our return flight from 8PM to something earlier.  Has anyone had luck doing that?  Who did you contact?  I know it would not be our Cruise Consultant.  Can I do it directly with the airline?  Yes I know it was a free perk, just trying to tweak that return flight - I certainly didn't think it would be 8PM 😉

thanks in advance for any advice.

I actually tried to change ours but Norwegian wouldn't allow us because our flight is at 3pm and our ship docks at 10am. The rep from Norwegian told me that 5 hours after the ship docks is when they start the flights. So I'm not sure when you dock but if it's at 7am, I'd definitely try. And the rep told me there was no change fee but honestly I would be surprised if there isn't.

3 hours ago, brucelegs said:

Who did you contact?

I used the number that was on our edocs for the reservations department for NCL.  I also called American Airlines which was whom I have my flight with in April.  At the time that I called American, our booking had not been "ticketed" or "released" so they couldn't help me.  

Usually I found that those mid afternoon flights were the most expensive...I would not be surprised if NCL picked the cheaper flight... also even if they did make the change, wouldn't the airline charge them a change fee like they would charge us.

1 hour ago, MikeBTN said:

You’ll need to call the airline directly. You would be responsible for any change fees.

are you sure about that? Have u done it, cause thats my concern too with a returning flight.

8 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

are you sure about that? Have u done it, cause thats my concern too with a returning flight.

No, but NCL’s Terms & Conditions state they will not change your flight, so your only hope is to contact the carrier directly. They may or may not be willing to work with you since technically NCL is acting as “travel agent”.  This is the risk of the “free” airfare - a crappy flight.

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/airsea

I have a feeling this is going to have to be handled through Norwegian, not the airline. Similar to when you book a cruise with a travel agent, they have to be the one to make modifications to your booking. In this case Norwegian is your flight/travel agent, I also have a feeling that it's not going to be easy to accomplish the change. Lots of red tape to navigate.

• 2 weeks later...

I was successful in getting a change.  My original return  flight was at 8 PM on American.  I called the premium air dept, was on old for 20 minutes and then the most professional Wendy picked up and I pleasantly explained what I was hoping to achieve. (I knew there was a noon and 2 PM flight with available seats from checking AA.com).  Wendy was like "Who would want an 8 PM fight?  Let me get you changed I will send you and mail when I have you re-booked"  Two hours later I had an email from Premium Air informing me that my return flight was now 2 PM.  Score - thank you Wendy !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andymattmom said:

How many days prior to cruise did you get flight information?

Showed up in my eDocs at around 50 days - that's when I saw the 8 PM flight and made the call

Edited by brucelegs
spelling
  • Thanks 1