Half Moon Cabanas

Spartancoach

We were wondering for those in the past who have secured a cabana at Half Moon Cay do you remember about how far out they became  available?  Don't worry I will still check every day but curious.  Also, do you need FTTF to get the best cabana once on board to pick or is there really a bad one to have.  

Thanks in advance. 

Sorry, just looked at the 2nd part of your question. FTTF may help, but the desk doesn't usually open till 2pm (on the pride) and a line will have formed. get the one next to the large cabanas (just past Capt. Morgan's ship) as you will be away from the large crowds (people tend to stop as soon as they get on the island) and the bathrooms are right behind them.

good luck - 

58 minutes ago, HRD said:

FTTF may help, but the desk doesn't usually open till 2pm (on the pride) and a line will have formed. get the one next to the large cabanas 

I have never sailed on a ship where the excursion desk wasn’t open when they started boarding. FTTF will always help if you have a particular cabana in mine. Both times we have booked a HMC cabana we had FTTF and were able to get the exact one we wanted. 

I had FTTF on my last cruise, and rushed to the excursion desk and was 5th in line. I got my 3rd choice of cabanas. I got 8 and it was a great location. We are cruising again in 2020, again to HMC. I am still waiting too for the cabanas to open. I check every day. I don't plan on purchasing FTTF this time, but hope to get number 6-11, if i get a cabana. The middle is the best. It is far enough away for privacy, but close enough to the buffet and bathroom.

I got one from the excursion desk the second day of the cruise. They told me that they hold a number of them to sell onboard. The cabana is definitely worth the cost especially if you don't have FTTF. If you get a cabana you also get on the first tender boat.

Get the Cabana! I'd never considered it's relationship to FTTF, but it definitely makes the beach experience at HMC far more enjoyable.  I never thought they 'withheld' some for sale during the voyage - and I've paid for/reserved cabanas at the time of booking, sometimes over a year in advance.

• Like 1

I would just keep checking the shore excursions for your sailing.  We usually get FTTF so we head to the "Adventures" desk as soon as we get on board and pick out cabana.  This past cruise we got a Villa for us and our cruise friends and the 8 of us had a ball!  The hot tub, private shower and bathroom were great to have! 

We loved our cabana #9 last year. We were there on the 2nd leg of our back to back cruise so I was the first to the excursion desk (after getting our picture taken and complimentary beverage). I think I would have been happy anywhere from 8-10 as I wanted to be away from crowds but not too far from restrooms.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

just in case anyone needs this info.  Cabanas just became available for my August 2020 cruise,  at 455 days out. 

I booked it and now I don't have to check 2 times a day!  phewwww

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayscore said:

I've done the cabanas twice, in the past. How much do they cost now?

$359.99...but, worth every penny to me.  Just booked one for my April 2020 and November 2020 cruises.

Garnett

1 hour ago, pyropoodle said:

Now that I have the cabana booked, I am seeing conflicting info on selecting the cabana number.   Am I heading to guest services or to the excursion desk to choose the number?

For my cabana rentals, we chose our actual cabana at the Shore Excursion Desk.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

359.99!?  What do you get for that?  How long are you on shore?

The cabana (at least the ones we've had...usually cabana #10 and up) are shaded from the actual sun, but have a direct path (about 50 feet) directly into the ocean...which is ideal for me since I don't necessarily relish being in the sun all day long.

For the $360, you get free non-alcoholic beverages...I think 2-3 beverages per person, the use of floats, snorkeling gear, a misting fan in the cabana, a refrigerator, a tray of snacks, a personal shower, and padded lounge chairs in the cabana.

Best that I remember, we were in the cabana for approximately 6-7 hours (from 8am until 2-3 pm).

Garnett

39 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

The cabana (at least the ones we've had...usually cabana #10 and up) are shaded from the actual sun, but have a direct path (about 50 feet) directly into the ocean...which is ideal for me since I don't necessarily relish being in the sun all day long.

For the $360, you get free non-alcoholic beverages...I think 2-3 beverages per person, the use of floats, snorkeling gear, a misting fan in the cabana, a refrigerator, a tray of snacks, a personal shower, and padded lounge chairs in the cabana.

Best that I remember, we were in the cabana for approximately 6-7 hours (from 8am until 2-3 pm).

Garnett

That's still a lot of money for that.  I guess it's worth it to some people.  We pay $60 a piece for a beach day at Nachi Cocum, all you can eat and drink, granted, there is no personal shower.

Cabana's just became available yesterday for a May 25th 2020 cruise. The Cabana is worth every penny to have a cool place to hide out from the sun. Your first on the island etc. We were toying with a beach house for 4 of us this time - but are very happy with the Cabana. 

3 hours ago, disfan13 said:

Cabana's just became available yesterday for a May 25th 2020 cruise. The Cabana is worth every penny to have a cool place to hide out from the sun. Your first on the island etc. We were toying with a beach house for 4 of us this time - but are very happy with the Cabana. 

Seems they released excursions yesterday for a block of cruises.  We have cruises in both April and November...and neither of those cruises offered Half Moon Cay excursions until yesterday.

Garnett

20 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

For my cabana rentals, we chose our actual cabana at the Shore Excursion Desk.

Garnett

Yes, you must go to shore excursion to reserve the cabana.  The low numbers (1-6) are close to the beach bar and activities, the higher numbers (7-? don't remember how many there are) are farther down the beach and quieter.  We prefer number 9 or 10.  They usually drive you to the cabanas farther down on the beach.  So go to the excursions desk as soon as you board to get the one you want.  Also do a search for a map of the cabanas to check out the location.

• Thanks 1