Grand/Crown Loft Suite with 4 People vs Two Connecting Balconies

We currently have two younger teenagers (boy and girl) and have debated the merits of a Grand or Crown Loft Suite vs. Two Connecting Balconies.  I've been reluctant to give up the 3 dedicated beds & 2 bathrooms that the connecting balconies offer.  Does anyone have experience in sailing with two teenagers in a Grand Suite or Crown Loft Suite?  While I hear we can get a roll-away, it seems like the room would be pretty cramped with it.  Only having 1 bathroom speaks for itself.  

While the Suite Perks seem "grand" (sorry - too easy), for our situation at least do they out weigh the desired real estate concerns that I have?  Especially considering an additional cost (say $3k or more for arguments sake).  Appreciate any input.

If you need three beds I wouldn't do the grand suite. it'll be really tight plus there's only one bathroom. The crown loft has the advantage of two bathrooms and more floor space, plus only a few steps to the coastal kitchen and suite lounge. But it is a LOT more expensive than the adjoining balcony rooms would be. Oasis/Quantum suite perks are really nice, so really you'll have to weigh if the extra cost and reduced privacy between you and the kids are worth the perks. 

14 hours ago, nashirak said:

But it is a LOT more expensive than the adjoining balcony rooms would be.

Another factor that I forgot to mention... I subscribe to theory with the kids... “just because you can, doesn’t meant you should”.  I want them to understand the value in things.  Heck, going on a cruise is a luxury all in itself.  

With that being said, if it were just the Mrs and I, now that’s a different story... wouldn’t think twice about the Suite Life.  Double standard yes, but that’s what I call a “life lesson”

Edited by MichiganMan4
  • Like 1

I would go with the two balcony cabins.  I think your daughter and son would be uncomfortable with the sleeping arrangement in the suites. 

Heck, with that $3,000, you can buy the ultimate dining package for all four of you, the unlimited drink package for the adults, and still have $$ left over.  Coastal Kitchen is nice, but the specialty restaurants are more fun.  

• Like 4

Another vote for the connecting cabins. Two bathrooms with teenagers is a big deal! Lol! With the money that you are saving over the suite, you could buy the Key and still have a few of the perks. (Depending on the price and whether you find value in that.) 

5 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I would go with the two balcony cabins.  I think your daughter and son would be uncomfortable with the sleeping arrangement in the suites. 

Heck, with that $3,000, you can buy the ultimate dining package for all four of you, the unlimited drink package for the adults, and still have $$ left over.  Coastal Kitchen is nice, but the specialty restaurants are more fun.  

This!