NCL ad on TV

Minoushka

Why is it it shows things which are over and above the regular cruise fare ..like spe ialty dining, Haven , Go carts , pool in Haven etc etc ...These things are not included in regular fare sowhy make it appear as if it does ...not fair and misleading .....you do not get any of this with basic inside or outside rates .Those things are extra ....stop showing this ...show the real thing 

48 minutes ago, Minoushka said:

Why is it it shows things which are over and above the regular cruise fare ..like spe ialty dining, Haven , Go carts , pool in Haven etc etc ...These things are not included in regular fare sowhy make it appear as if it does ...not fair and misleading .....you do not get any of this with basic inside or outside rates .Those things are extra ....stop showing this ...show the real thing 

Do airlines only advertise their coach seats, or do they show their first and business class options as well?

Do car companies only show the basic models or do the show ones with all the options?  

29 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Travel companies, cruise lines, airlines, resorts all show what is AVAILABLE. 

Seems like people will complain about anything and everything on this site anymore.

Cole, couldn’t agree more, seems like a lot of posters are in a constant state of displeasure!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cheersforbeers said:

Cole, couldn’t agree more, seems like a lot of posters are in a constant state of displeasure!

And then everyone wonders why NCL did so bad in the "Cruise Critic" awards which are based on the whiners.

I could not agree more.

How is it misleading, if they have these things on the ship?  Did they say these things are included in the cruise fare?  I guess you would say all cruise ads are misleading, because they only show beautiful people that are dressed to the nines and all slim?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think it helps out travel agents as it is their job to educate their clients on the options available. Those that book trips themselves who don't do their research will feel cheated.

It also forces travellers to read up about their cruise ship, costs, etc.

I know there is a thread about overblown cruise planning but being aware of what costs what is your job as a traveller.

If I saw a NCL cruise ad and wanted to go on a cruise I'd go online and realize that the Haven costs 8 times more then an inside room.

Another similarity - airlines have first business coach comfort coach economy coach and then baggage fees

some classes of travel the bag fees are free others a charge - some charge for carry on and of course the

over size excess weight.

Ya pays for whacha gets - so an inside cabin is rock bottom and the suites (Haven) you are going to pay a great

deal more to get of course a great deal more. This isn't communist cruise lines where everyone gets the same

identical package - oh and if it were communist cruise lines complaining will get you port call at the gulag for

attitude adjustment - the only acceptable whining allowed is while drinking wine er I mean vodka.

All ads on the TV need to taken with a grain of sea salt - oh and the best part I like about it is the fine print at the very

bottom of the screen disclaiming and disallowing any factual representation of the merits of the ads.

You didn't see the fine print - I did say it was fine.

NCL advertises FREE-STYLE cruising and has all those free perks and promos but here are the facts ---

You ACTUALLY HAVE TO *** " BUY " *** SOMETHING to get these free perks promos -

"  SO WHAT PART OF FREE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND " !

You'd be surprised how many new cruisers would believe everything is included in the price ...... Nothing in the TV ads to tell people they aren't. NCL would prefer you book and find that out afterwards. A lot of people think cruises are all inclusive from top to bottom. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:03 AM, Minoushka said:

oh for heavens sake: it is called advertising. !!!!!!!

I remember the time a new client ( I am a retired TA) called and wanted to book a cruise (not NCL) for 50% off as the ad in the magazine advertised. Well the the 50% off was based on 50% off the highest summer rates if you traveled the first week they did Alaska. It came out to the same price as everyone else was paying in mid May. Most people do understand this. 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, ColeThornton said:

Travel companies, cruise lines, airlines, resorts all show what is AVAILABLE. 

Seems like people will complain about anything and everything on this site anymore.

boy it that true. I guess some think that cruse critic stands for cruise complaints!!!