Mini-Suite or Aft Balcony?

scottygirl

Sauer-kraut is right, the mini-suite has a larger bathroom with a double sink and larger shower. The aft balcony has a much larger balcony that can easily accommodate three.

You may want to consider a mini-suite with large balcony M6 and get the best of both worlds. You won't have the nice aft view but you will have a balcony three can stretch out on and you will also have the larger bathroom. The price should be similar to the aft balcony.

Edited by Paul Bogle

1 minute ago, Paul Bogle said:

Sauer-kraut is right, the mini-suite has a larger bathroom with a double sink and larger shower. The aft balcony has a much larger balcony that can easily accommodate three.

You may want to consider a mini-suite with large balcony M6 and get the best of both worlds. You won't have the nice aft view but you will have a balcony three can stretch out on and you will also have the larger bathroom. The price should be similar to the aft balcony.

I looked at the M6 cabins but the only available cabins are on deck 8 forward.  I was concerned about the location due to motion sickness also  it appears to be above the theatre.  

One other tip, if you decide to take a mini-suite try to pick one that sleeps four. The third berth is the sofa converted to a bed. The fourth berth is a pulldown above the sofa. If your third passenger doesn't mind the pulldown this leaves the sofa always available to the three of you to use. If the third person decides the pulldown isn't for her just let the steward know she prefers the converted sofa. You have nothing to lose.

48 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

One other tip, if you decide to take a mini-suite try to pick one that sleeps four. The third berth is the sofa converted to a bed. The fourth berth is a pulldown above the sofa. If your third passenger doesn't mind the pulldown this leaves the sofa always available to the three of you to use. If the third person decides the pulldown isn't for her just let the steward know she prefers the converted sofa. You have nothing to lose.

We booked a M6 that sleeps four.  Thank you for your help!

22 minutes ago, scottygirl said:

We booked a M6 that sleeps four.  Thank you for your help!

Hey that sounds great. My wife and I sail every winter from the upper gulf coast just to escape the winter blahs. One of my wife's brothers frequently joins us. He lives in the northeast. After several cruises we serendipitously discovered the upper berth trick. He was fine with the upper and having the sofa available when returning in the evening and getting up in the morning was very convenient. When the sofa is used as a bed there is only one small seat in the stateroom, so having the sofa available made things much more comfortable.

We just got back from the Bliss and we had a Aft Balcony, take a good look at the deck plans, at least on the Bliss you are a long way from the elevators and the buffet. Also there is always carts in the way in the hall. But you can't beat the back of the ship