Doors

Oh that's right....from the other thread.....lol. Yeah, making the ship was a great afternoon at work. Now I just have to figure out what I will do at my desk to kill time.

Thanks!

Oh that was another thread? Oops. People here will probably wonder what the heck I was talking about. LOL I can’t keep the threads straight sometimes.

5 hours ago, Woodfaerie said:

I can attest to that. I had this most awesome sun hanging from my mailbox, went missing day 2.  My room steward however, happen to see where it ended up but he could not steal it back because he could not prove it was mine and re stealing out of a room would certainly get him in big trouble!  So I wrote a note and taped it to my mailbox saying  " You can steal my sun but you can't steal my fun!  (true story)

That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad that you didn't let it ruin your vacation.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

I guess the only option, if we have a nice decoration that we want to take back home, is to permanently put our name on it somewhere and hope that it’s found, like in your case. If it were me, I would’ve probably reported it to security anyway just to see if there’s anything they can do. Can’t stand a thief...and a fellow cruise passenger stealing decorations is just pathetic and sad. Lower than low. I mean, do they really want something like that so badly? Do they steal yard decorations from their neighbors too?

It is very unfortunate that people do things like that. My conscience would bother me too much. I don't understand how it doesn't do the same for others.

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Oh that was another thread? Oops. People here will probably wonder what the heck I was talking about. LOL I can’t keep the threads straight sometimes.

Lol....I get it! There's a lot going on here sometimes. It was on the thread about the cruise crazies. But that thread was active the same time the free pens thread was popping before we got in trouble....I don't think anyone has posted on it in a couple of days.

I don't know how to link the other thread otherwise I would.

8 hours ago, Woodfaerie said:

So I wrote a note and taped it to my mailbox saying  " You can steal my sun but you can't steal my fun!  (true story)

They can steal your sun, but not your shine. 😎

3 hours ago, emoorehead said:

Lol....I get it! There's a lot going on here sometimes. It was on the thread about the cruise crazies. But that thread was active the same time the free pens thread was popping before we got in trouble....I don't think anyone has posted on it in a couple of days.

I don't know how to link the other thread otherwise I would.

Ah, that thread. Gotcha. I remembered you saying you were making it at work.

It's one thing for someone to steal a wall decoration, like something bought from a store, for example. It's still terrible, but with something like that, I guess the thief thinks they can take it home and hang it on their own wall. But I hear about people stealing homemade door decorations like yours. Seriously, what in the heck are they going to do with it? Although, ones with names, like yours, will probably be safe (safer?).

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Although, ones with names, like yours, will probably be safe (safer?).

Well, like I said, everything on it is from the Dollar Tree (except the seashells, but I live in Charleston so I can get more of those). If anyone steals it, I'll be out like 5 bucks.

I might be a little upset about my boat that I worked so hard on, though....lol

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Your boss isn't too thrilled about it either. 🤣

Lol...she wasn't there that day.

Actually, my manager is pretty chill. It's HER boss who is the hard @$$. But I have the kind of job where I am either really busy or I have nothing to do. But I have to sit and answer the phone so I have to fill the time somehow.

Edited by emoorehead
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I've never decorated our door, though I've thought about doing it.  We'll be on the Breeze for Halloween and I thought I would just hang some orange and black beads.  Lame, I know.  I'm going to start small. 😊

It's not lame. That could be really cute depending on how you do it. 

On 3/30/2019 at 5:51 AM, Organized Chaos said:

I guess the only option, if we have a nice decoration that we want to take back home, is to permanently put our name on it somewhere and hope that it’s found, like in your case. If it were me, I would’ve probably reported it to security anyway just to see if there’s anything they can do. Can’t stand a thief...and a fellow cruise passenger stealing decorations is just pathetic and sad. Lower than low. I mean, do they really want something like that so badly? Do they steal yard decorations from their neighbors too?

seriously, it was a $3 decoration from Wally World but its the point of it all, you know?

On 3/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

I've never decorated our door, though I've thought about doing it.  We'll be on the Breeze for Halloween and I thought I would just hang some orange and black beads.  Lame, I know.  I'm going to start small. 😊

I think its just a fun vibe to hang things on your door whether its from Dollar Store or the custom made signs at Shindigz.  Spread the joy!

• Like 1

We are not ones to decorate our door

but I'll say this for nearby door decorations:

They serve as great landmarks, when going back to our cabin late at night!

So thank you for doing your door, near ours!

• Like 2

On 3/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

We will be on the same cruise.  There is a Facebook roll call group for this cruise if you are interested.

21 minutes ago, lele100 said:

I thought the decorations had to be fire retardant,   I see some people use just copy paper, how strict are they about that?

That's what I was going to ask. I'm not trying to be a party pooper to this thread because I give props to everyone who makes door decorations. I enjoy seeing them on board and pictures of them on the forum.

When they came out with the rule last year (or maybe it was 2017) that all door decorations had to be made of fire retardant material, there was a lot of talk around CC about the rule, but I don't recall anyone mentioning being forced to take theirs down. I get it, fires on boats/ships are one of the most dangerous things that can happen and no one wants to be the cause of one or inadvertently help spread one. But if there's a fire big enough to spread down a cabin hallway, I don't see how a decoration on a door is going to make it worse. In my experience, there doesn't seem to be many people who actually do it, so it's not like the hallways are full of flammable decorations. Yes, safety first, definitely, but I don't think a decorated door, out of many doors in a section of hallway, is going to cause a catastrophe if there's already a fire big enough to spread down the hall and fire suppressant systems are failing to contain it. I'm not encouraging breaking this rule. I just can't help but feel like it's a little bit overkill, what with the relatively small number of people who even do it. And especially considering they didn't believe such a rule was necessary in the past. Maybe it came about due to federal inspections.

57 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

That's what I was going to ask. I'm not trying to be a party pooper to this thread because I give props to everyone who makes door decorations. I enjoy seeing them on board and pictures of them on the forum.

When they came out with the rule last year (or maybe it was 2017) that all door decorations had to be made of fire retardant material, there was a lot of talk around CC about the rule, but I don't recall anyone mentioning being forced to take theirs down. I get it, fires on boats/ships are one of the most dangerous things that can happen and no one wants to be the cause of one or inadvertently help spread one. But if there's a fire big enough to spread down a cabin hallway, I don't see how a decoration on a door is going to make it worse. In my experience, there doesn't seem to be many people who actually do it, so it's not like the hallways are full of flammable decorations. Yes, safety first, definitely, but I don't think a decorated door, out of many doors in a section of hallway, is going to cause a catastrophe if there's already a fire big enough to spread down the hall and fire suppressant systems are failing to contain it. I'm not encouraging breaking this rule. I just can't help but feel like it's a little bit overkill, what with the relatively small number of people who even do it. And especially considering they didn't believe such a rule was necessary in the past. Maybe it came about due to federal inspections.

I also understand trying to be safe. But I agree with you completely on this one. And we also need to mention how many other flammable things will be on the ship - clothing, papers, table cloths, your breath after 3 days of the Cheers package......

So I figure if they make me take it down, they make me take it down. I still had fun making it and it killed some time waiting for my vacation. 😀