Is there a scale on Explorer?

kjbacon

15 hours ago, slocruising said:

This is only my second post and I can't seem to find the right threads, sorry.  My upcoming Canary Island cruise will be my 6th with Regent but I can't seem to keep the ships straight and speaking of amenities- are there cotton balls and qtips in the bathroom?  Everyone who posts has made our cruising so much better - thank you!

Yep, and if you happen to be in Concierge or above (I believe) there's a little sundries box on the nightstand that has all kinds of little niceties in it - sewing kit, that kind of stuff.

If you ever need anything on board, just ask - if they can accommodate you, they will.  I've heard of people requesting additional chairs, more deck furniture, drawers in the closets, specific drinks/mixers, all kinds of things.  Be aware that certain 'non-standard' things, if they can get them, usually require 30 days or more prior notice.

Having just come off the Explorer in Los Angeles, after 20 days, Sir was exactly the same weight and Madame had lost one lb!!  Agree with all, l that the scales are not accurate not even in port, but I suppose for people who need to keep a close eye on their weight, it will give a guide line.  Madame has always lost weight on cruises, regardless of length - why - more exercise, mainly swimming, but trying to walk up and down stairs wherever possible.  On Explorer the scales are on Deck 6 in the gym foyer, and always looked forlorn, standing there unwanted and unloved!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, Travelcat2 said:

Upper suites do have scales but most suites do not.  The scale in our suite was in kilograms so I had to do some math.

Penthouse suites? Or more upper ...