On Allure right now and question about the BOGO dining package.

We too we on this sailing and got the same response.  So we dined in Gioviannis both nights, after talking to the staff  they let me know I could order something off the Chops menu for night 2, since they had time to prepare for it.  I ordered the filet both nights.  I will say the Giovianni's filet is hands down a better filet, so tender.  The chef came out and spoke with us and said the Gio Filet is marinated for a couple days before cooking where as the Chops filet is not.  They also on the 2nd day brought us the shrimp app and the Red velvet cake from Chops.  They where very understanding since I think they get an ear full about the BOGO on Allure.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vettecruiser1 said:

We too we on this sailing and got the same response.  So we dined in Gioviannis both nights, after talking to the staff  they let me know I could order something off the Chops menu for night 2, since they had time to prepare for it.  I ordered the filet both nights.  I will say the Giovianni's filet is hands down a better filet, so tender.  The chef came out and spoke with us and said the Gio Filet is marinated for a couple days before cooking where as the Chops filet is not.  They also on the 2nd day brought us the shrimp app and the Red velvet cake from Chops.  They where very understanding since I think they get an ear full about the BOGO on Allure.

Really.  Which ship and it's good to know.  Someone had posted that the NY Strip is no longer offered in Giovanni's.

11 minutes ago, tamilyn said:

We are on Symphony in a couple of weeks and have the 3-night package.  Where do you go to sign up when you get onboard?  If everyone goes to the same place, is it not a real zoo?

Any Specialty Restaurant and they will make all the reserves for any restaurant.  On Symphony we had the BOGO 2 night and I went to Jamie's as soon as we boarded and made reserve for Hooked Seafood for a later night than the 2nd.  If you enjoy seafood, do not miss Hooked.

Just now, nelblu said:

Any Specialty Restaurant and they will make all the reserves for any restaurant.  On Symphony we had the BOGO 2 night and I went to Jamie's as soon as we boarded and made reserve for Hooked Seafood for a later night than the 2nd.  If you enjoy seafood, do not miss Hooked.

Thank you!  Yes, Hooked is on our list for sure!  

This is just so aggravating.  I booked BOGO for my upcoming Symphony cruise in a Sky suite a year ago. I think there is a bit of doublespeak and interpretation involved now that I have gone back to look at the fine print.  I am thankful to OP and these boards because now I will be prepared with a back up plan to avoid drama and disappointment.  My husband and boys love steak houses!  Our original plan was for Chops and Wonderland.  Wish us luck! It looks like it will be up to my specific sailing mgmt.'s mood/rules or perhaps concierge?

So does BOGO = Dine Drink and Discover (NO CHOPS)  OR  Specialty Dining Pkg (NO CHEF'S TABLE /WINE PAIRINGS)?  Or does NO RESTRICTIONS ACTUALLY MEAN NO RESTRICTIONS? 

COMMENT 1

Restrictions

none

COMMENT 2

Dine, Drink, Discover promotion cannot be redeemed in Chops Grille.  Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time.

COMMENT 3

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. Each reservation must be used on the first and second nights of the sailing respectively. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table and wine pairings dinners.

Quick question - also not trying to hijack the thread but now I am confused - is the Ultimate Dining plan a; Dine, Drink, Discover program? Because Chops is excluded from that )as listed in the fine print)? Have never booked UDP with RC but we will be doing Symphony in 39 days and if Chops isn't included then hubby will be upset to spend even more money

This was our experience on Allure in December 2018 as well. I was totally caught off guard and while disappointed at first it was still a nice experience as it was our first time trying specialty dining.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Really.  Which ship and it's good to know.  Someone had posted that the NY Strip is no longer offered in Giovanni's.

The NY strip is not offered in Giovannis on the Allure.  It is a filet mignon and it is so much better then the Chop filet.  Happy with what we were served, so much so we ate there 2 nights.

Just now, vettecruiser1 said:

The NY strip is not offered in Giovannis on the Allure.  It is a filet mignon and it is so much better then the Chop filet.  Happy with what we were served, so much so we ate there 2 nights.

So there's no Strip, but a filet on the menu.  Sorry, from your post it sounded that the filet was pre-ordered from Chops and made available in Giovanni's.

50 minutes ago, Zendeck said:

This is just so aggravating.  I booked BOGO for my upcoming Symphony cruise in a Sky suite a year ago. I think there is a bit of doublespeak and interpretation involved now that I have gone back to look at the fine print.  I am thankful to OP and these boards because now I will be prepared with a back up plan to avoid drama and disappointment.  My husband and boys love steak houses!  Our original plan was for Chops and Wonderland.  Wish us luck! It looks like it will be up to my specific sailing mgmt.'s mood/rules or perhaps concierge?

So does BOGO = Dine Drink and Discover (NO CHOPS)  OR  Specialty Dining Pkg (NO CHEF'S TABLE /WINE PAIRINGS)?  Or does NO RESTRICTIONS ACTUALLY MEAN NO RESTRICTIONS? 

I'm confused.  Is the BOGO the 2 night package or the D+ BOGO coupon.  I was able to dine at Chop's under both BOGOs.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, taglovestocruise said:

The dine drink discover promo is totally different than the BOGO or a 3 or 5 night package. The DDD is a perk for Boardwalk or CP balconys only. We had the BOBO and the 5 night package on Symphony last NOV.  Used it starting on night three and had Chops, 150, Jamie's and Wonderland.  Hooked was also included, the only exception was  Izumi Grill . Also on Symphony they no longer pre assign any restaurant,  just make all your reservations as soon as you board.  

We have BOGO on Symphony in April.  When it was purchased we have dining time of 6:30pm, seems like that will be for both 1st and 2nd night.  It stated they would assign a 2 specialty restaurants and if we did not like them, go to one and change it to where we would like to go. 

If they no longer assign a restaurant and you have to go and make your own reservation, how can they assign you a dining time? 

Still looking so forward to our cruise!!

On 3/11/2019 at 2:48 PM, taylor1293 said:

Thank you for trying to help! We went down and spoke with a very nice gentlemen who said he gets a lot of complaints about Chops not being included. They will only include Italian, Sabor and Samba. 

THANK YOU!!

You have saved a lot of people aggravation. Will be on Allure in 81 days an NOT buying the package now.

ENJOY the rest! 

Edited by forgotmyCCname
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, nbp said:

We have BOGO on Symphony in April.  When it was purchased we have dining time of 6:30pm, seems like that will be for both 1st and 2nd night.  It stated they would assign a 2 specialty restaurants and if we did not like them, go to one and change it to where we would like to go. 

If they no longer assign a restaurant and you have to go and make your own reservation, how can they assign you a dining time? 

We booked the BOGO and a 5 night package on Symphony through the cruise planner and picked 8:30 as our desired time for the BOGO night 1 and 8:30 on night 2 for the 5 night. Once onboard we went straight up to Wonderland and made all our reservations.  Nothing was pre reserved, the Wonderland host said they no longer make any pre reservations for any package because of the amount of people that change once onboard.  Our first dinner was at Chops on night 3. The only restaurant not included was Izumi Hibachi Grill.  We have bought the package on every cruise in the last 5 years and have never used it on day 1 and have never been told anything other than Izumi or Chef's table was excluded.   Please report back what actually happens on the Ship.   Symphony is fantastic.  A lot of people deal with the RCL reps who seem to no nothing about what actually happens onboard. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nbp said:

As soon as you board, got to any SR and made your reservations to the restaurants that you desire.  MY BOGO stipulated that they are to be used on the 1st 2 nights only.  I went to Jamie's in CP and made the 1st night reserve and them made reserve to Hooked for the 5th night.  No problem encountered to the change.

Ps.  I could have gone to Chop's and made the 1st night reserve and to Hooked on a future night.  Also, I'm not the only one that has success as has been posted in other threads.

• Like 1

Goodness I tried to do a multiple quote and got neither of them, so I am winging it..

If the BOGO isn't offered at Chops, please consider Giovanni's and Samba.  Gio's has the best filet onboard.  

Samba has great meat  and a good salad bar as well as a serve yourself side orders.  The pineapple, upon request, for dessert is wonderful.

I think that going to Sabor for a BOGO is wasted money.  I think their food is subpar other than the guac.

For the poster asking about the UDP  and the dine drink etc., they are 2 separate things.  Central Park balcony cabins get a free meal at Giovanni's or some restaurant other than Chops, I believe.  Boardwalk balconies with the same  perk get a meal at Johnny Rockets.

The Ultimate package is what we got on Harmony in January and will have again in June on Allure.  It's a lot of food, but I found if I don't eat breakfast, I can have lunch at Chops, Giovanni's or even Sabor.  

My biggest complaint is that Harmony and Oasis and possibly Symphony  allow those with the UDP to have dinner in Hibachi the first night.  Allure has not allowed that as far as I have read.  I asked on Allure when we had the 5 night package, but was told no, so my thought is that they totally follow the rules of the packages.  

No matter, I know we will enjoy our cruise and get to dine at some great places.  Happy sailing. 

10 minutes ago, ryzmom said:

Thanks Bob!  That's what I've heard too and the steaks were amazing!   I appreciate you!

Not many steaks, unless you are confusing Chop's instead.  See above post #37 no longer a NY Strip. but filet is available.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

No, as has been mentioned, the Dine, Drink and Discover Promotion is the FREE perk that you automatically get when booking a Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony cabin.  Chops is apparently not included in this perk but that has no bearing on any of the dining packages that you pay for. 

7 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

For the poster asking about the UDP  and the dine drink etc., they are 2 separate things.  Central Park balcony cabins get a free meal at Giovanni's or some restaurant other than Chops, I believe.  Boardwalk balconies with the same  perk get a meal at Johnny Rockets. 

Neighborhood promo is: CP balcony cabins get lunch for 2 at either Giovanni's or Jamie's and a bottle of red wine:  Boardwalk gets dinner for 4 at JR and soda package.

2 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

No, as has been mentioned, the Dine, Drink and Discover Promotion is the FREE perk that you automatically get when booking a Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony cabin.  Chops is apparently not included in this perk but that has no bearing on any of the dining packages that you pay for. 

As has also been mentioned, the DDD promotion information is listed under the BOGO terms and conditions and states no Chops.  The terms and conditions have been posted multiple times in this thread showing no Chops.