Wine package availability on Princess

RMMariner

We are sailing on a 10 day Mexican cruise out of San Francisco on March 20.

We have read in a couple places on these boards that the wine package has not been available on some cruises.

I have two questions:

1) Has anyone had problems with the availability of the wine package on recent cruises?

2) Any recommendations as far as the new Princess wine list? 

Thank You

Many folks have reported a lack of wine packages. It may well be that, due to the recent changes to the Princess wine offerings, the package has been suspended for lack of wine. I do know I've seen a number of posts where people purchased the wine package only to find that many of the listed wines aren't available. Would you be happy if you purchased a wine package and found that the only wines in which you were interested were out of stock?  Hopefully Princess will get this straightened out soon.

12 hours ago, RMMariner said:

We are sailing on a 10 day Mexican cruise out of San Francisco on March 20.

We have read in a couple places on these boards that the wine package has not been available on some cruises.

I have two questions:

1) Has anyone had problems with the availability of the wine package on recent cruises?

2) Any recommendations as far as the new Princess wine list? 

Thank You

1.) Last year, we cruised the Panama Canal (January-Coral-15 day), West Coast CA (September-Coral-7 day), Southeast Asia (December-Sapphire-13 day) and was able to obtain a package on each cruise. Availability of the wines was pretty good but as the cruises progressed, they ran out on a couple of occasions. My suggestion is to request a package from one of the waiters on the first day, whether you see them advertised or not.

2.) Favorite wines are in the eye of the beholder. If you hone in on some specifics, I'm sure you'll receive some great suggestions.